Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Rama RajuYour feedback matters!
I hve red eyes for over 3 days. What should I do for best. Suggest me fast s per your knowledge. thanks.
Hi doctor. I am suffering from filamentary keratitis in right eye, doctor did a small scrapping in my eye. Can you suggest how long it will take to be cured . .and am I going through the correct treatment or should I go for second opinion? Thanks.
If you are using glasses, are 18 years or older , have to wear glasses and wish to seek treatment for your glasses , you need to read on.
Brief information about LASIK Laser Vision Correction
What does Laser vision correction do ?
Laser vision correction is a technique used for the correction of spectacle number being worn by the patient . This treatment enables the patient to see clearly without glasses.
Who are the likely candidates for laser vision correction ?
Patients of Myopia ( wearing minus glasses ) , Hypermetropia ( wearing plus glasses ) with or without astigmatism are suitable candidates for laser vision correction. In addition , the patient must have achieved 18+ age and his/her spectacle number must have remained stable for 6-12 months .
What types of eye glass numbers can be treated ?
We can treat :
(-) Minus numbers
(+) Plus numbers
& Cylindrical numbers
What are the different techniques for correcting eye glasses ?
Beyond using glasses and contact lenses , there are basically two different ways of correcting the number of glasses.
1. Laser Vision Correction popularly known as LASIK
2. ICL or Phakic Lenses
Are there more than one techniques of Laser vision correction ?
Yes , there are different techniques to correct glasses with Laser
1. PRK / LASEK / ASA
2. Microkeratome based LASIK
3. Bladefree LASIK
The choice of technique for a particular patient depends upon the suitability determined after assessing the various parameters of the eyes with Pentacam topography which tells us about the thickness of the cornea amongst many other details. Depending upon the number of your eye glasses and calculating it against the corneal thickness helps us deriving the technique(s) available for your eyes specifically .
Bladefree LASIK utilizes two different lasers for doing laser vision correction .
Bladefree Lasik workstation with the Femtosecond Laser on the left , the Excimer laser on the right and a swinging patient bed which shifts the patient between these two lasers.
What is ICL ?
If after detailed checking ,corneal thickness is inadequate to carry out Laser vision correction , then ICL phasic intraocular lens implantation is considered as the final frontier.
With the ICL , very high numbers can be corrected quite accurately. Here also we have to test the patient suitability for ICL implantation.
How long do I need to stay in the Hospital for Laser vision correction ?
For PRK you may need to stay for approximately 6 days
For Normal LASIK , approximately 3 days
For Bladefree LASIK , approximately 3 days.
Local patients can reside at home.
I want to get ride of my eye glasses I have 1 number in 1 eye . And I want to be more glowing skin and I want to get ride of pimple and dark spot please help me all this in 15 days you are a genuine please help me.
I have red eyes for over 3 days. Its also itching mostly the right hand side one. Its itching very hard. What should I do. Thank you sir in advance.
I am suffering from cold ,it is irritative while breathing, lips are drid, eyes are hot, light increase in body temperature.
My brother is 36. He is depressed since childhood as our father is an alcoholic. He is not willing to see any doctor or psychologist for the unhappiness and anger that he carries. Is there a way that I can help him without his knowing of it.
Due to masturbation in a week. Is there any effect on eyes. Or any other effect on body? I already hv a spectacles.
Hi my dad have a eye problem, so he uses his eye drop daily, but today by default my mom got confused and she put some drops of clenorush which is used for oral thrush which includes 1 choline salicylate 2. Tannic acid 3 clotrimazole 4 cetrimide Glycerin. So his eye is paining very badly. I just need to know is it gonna cause big problem later? Please advice.
Hi, I am 24 year old. My eye sight is too week. I want to know that there is any cause in laser surgery.
I have red eye for over 3 day and stomach pain and also had head and shoulders pain and I also have loose motion also so what should I have to do!
I m facing a little problem. I have red eyes for 2days. I used Olopat Od twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
My eyes are always red 24/7. I have checked my eyes I also have specs but there is no effect of this treatment. What should I do give me suggestions pls.
22 year male. My eyes are 6/6 had proper check up with dilation. Sometimes things seems blur. I see cloud image of people who just left from that position. Sometimes its hallucinations. when it happen my heart rate raises.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.