Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Laxmi Kodati
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Laxmi KodatiYour feedback matters!
My vaginal labia lip got swollen and it has burning sensation. Doctor gave vaginal tablets but not sure if it is working on labia lips. Do I need to use apply some cream outside the labia lips to get rid of swelling. It's been a month since we had intercourse. Will candid cream works for this problem?
On which day of a period cycle I can have unprotected sex but she will not get pregnant and she is aged under 25 and have regular periods. Please explain me in detail.
My wife is AB- and I am AB+. She suddenly started the bleeding during 5th week and doctor gave her NTD injection and then HCG5000 fertigyn injection and bleeding got stopped My wife is now 6th week pregnant and she is still facing the blood clot issue. Fetal got the heartbeat. Guide whether we are given the right treatment? Why the brown discharge on and off while urinating or wiping? Please give detailed explanation.
People who have good emotional health are aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. They have learned healthy ways to cope with the stress and problems that are a normal part of life. They feel good about themselves and have healthy relationships.
However, many things that happen in life can disrupt your emotional health and lead to strong feelings of sadness, stress, or anxiety. Good changes can be just as stressful as bad changes. These things include:
- Being laid off from your job
- Having a child leave or return home
- Dealing with the death of a loved one
- Getting divorced or married
- Suffering an illness or an injury
- Getting a job promotion
- Experiencing money problems
- Moving to a new home
- Having a baby
What is the mind-body link?
You may already be familiar with phrases which describe the mind-body connection in day-to-day life such as something being a “pain in the neck” - it generally symbolises 'burden over mind'.
When we talk about mind, people usually understand it as a collection of thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes, memories, past experiences and personality that make up a person’s internal world.
Mind vs Brain
In colloquial terms, the words mind and brain may be used interchangeably but, the two are in fact not the same. While the brain is a physical organ, the mind can be described a virtual entity present within each cell of our body and extended to minimum 2 inches outside the body. That is why mind controls the body as a collection of thoughts, emotions, imagination and memories. When compared to a computer, the brain acts as the hardware while the mind is the software within it.
Is it all in my head?
Experiencing happiness or sadness not only affects your frame but also affects your physical health. For example, indigestion is commonly triggered by stress and anxiety. On the other hand, physical ailments also affect an individual’s mental well-being. Do you know anyone who feels happy when they are sick? Thus, the mind and body share a deep, cyclic connection. To be physically healthy is it important to be psychologically healthy and vice versa.
Emotions manifest themselves on an individual’s body in a number of ways. This ranges from changes in internal body temperature and blood sugar levels to hormonal imbalances and altered brain chemistry. Happiness and joyous emotions have the ability to boost immunity, alleviate pain and relax muscles while sadness and anxiety can increase heart beats, tighten muscles and dilate blood vessels. Over time, it can also lower a person’s immunity and make them more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections. Anxiety and depression can keep a person from eating nutritious food and exercising and hence lower his or her overall health. Poor emotional health could also encourage the use of stimulants such as alcohol and drugs that cause weight fluctuation, insomnia, tiredness, weakened gut health, sexual problems etc.
How do your thoughts and feelings affect your health?
Your brain produces substances that can improve your health. These substances include endorphins, which are natural painkillers, and gamma globulin, which strengthens your immune system.
Research shows that what your brain produces depends in part on your thoughts, feelings, and expectations. If you're sick but you have hope and a positive attitude and you believe that you'll get better, your brain is likely to produce chemicals that will boost your body's healing power.
Negative thoughts and emotions can keep your brain from producing some of the chemicals that help your body heal. But this doesn't mean you should blame yourself for getting sick or feeling down about a health problem. Some illnesses are beyond your control. But your thoughts and state of mind are resources you can use to get better.
The mind-body link and your health
Some of the body’s systems are more affected by the mind-body link more than others. You may recognise some listed below:
- Digestive System Changes: It is common to experience an upset stomach (e.g. nausea, diarrhoea, bloating or pain) during times of stress. There are lots of nerve connections between the brain and the gut. In fact, the gut is sometimes called the ‘Little Brain’ for this reason.
- Skin Conditions: People with skin conditions, including eczema or psoriasis, notice that during stressful periods their symptoms can become worse and respond less well to conventional treatments.
- Heart Symptoms: Changes in the way the heart works are common in stressful or exciting circumstances. For example, stress or excitement can cause the heart to beat faster and raise blood pressure. These normal changes in heart rate and blood pressure as a result of stress can be concerning for people with or without heart conditions.
- Fatigue: Fatigue can also be affected by how we think and feel. For example, boredom can lead to feeling fatigued and sleepy whereas an unexpected piece of good news could give you a burst of energy. Fatigue can also be present as part of mood problems such as depression and anxiety. People who experience health problems may struggle with fatigue which is a combination of physical and emotional factors.
- Thinking Styles: How you think - your ‘thinking style’ - can affect how you feel emotionally and physically. Some common thinking styles make it seem very likely that something bad is going to happen. This can make you feel worried, sad or upset even though the thought is not true.
Below is a short list of some of the more common types of psychotherapy. Some therapy techniques have been scientifically tested on a large scale basis; while others are newer and often combined with more established psychotherapies.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
Using the mind-body link to help you manage your health
- Learning how to relax can help your mind and body. You can try different things until you find one that works for you. For example: Listen to relaxing music.
- Spend five minutes focusing on the rhythm of your breath.
- Try using prayer or meditation to relax.
- Imagine being in a peaceful scene, such as a beach or woodland. Notice what you can see, hear, touch, taste and smell.
- Try not to rush around during the day. Leave plenty of time for your planned activities.
- Talk to someone when you are feeling stressed, anxious or down you might not feel like doing anything.
Thankfully, like physical ailments, emotional ailments too can be treated.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I suffer too much pain in my periods during my starting three days what should I do to get rid of my pain.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
During toilet I feel small pain and after taking food I feel vomit I had sex with my bf before 2 days Is this sign of pregnancy or any other problem.
Not able to eat properly. Even if I eat less I feel full all the times. Not able to walk. Getting respiratory problem. Fatigue. Pain in muscles and legs.
Over the years, a sizeable number of people have expressed their affinity for brown rice as the healthier alternative to plain rice. Doctors are growingly recommending brown rice to all those, who are keen on losing kilos or keeping type 2 diabetes in arrest. Brown rice essentially undergoes less processing as compared to white rice, hence it retains all the essential nutrients. Brown rice contains the side hull and bran and consequently, it helps in replenishing the crucial body nutrients like proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber and potassium. The growing popularity of brown rice not only stems from its nutritive values, but also from the myriad healthy diet options that revolve around it. Unlike white rice, brown rice does not require artificial fortifications like synthetic vitamins in order to conform to the required standards of FDA. Brown rice enables you to enjoy the health benefits without compromising on the taste of rice. Brown rice is advantageous for not just the fitness fanatics, but is also the preferred meal for those with specialized dietary preferences like vegans.
Some of the rationale for consumption of brown rice are listed as follows:
- Controls insulin spike: Brown rice has extremely low glycemic rating because of which the blood sugar level in our body can be adequately controlled. While plain rice enhances the risk of developing diabetes, brown rice goes a long way in nullifying the glucose fluctuations in our body.
- High in fiber: Brown rice is one of the most important sources of essential body fibers. It helps in preventing colon cancer by supplying the necessary fibers and it also detoxifies the colon walls by eliminating the cancer causing substances from the body.
- Promotes weight loss: Brown rice regulates the bowel movements and thereby stimulates better metabolism. It is also considered to be one of the most wholesome dietary supplements because it remains a whole grain, unlike plain rice. Therefore, it is one of the most opted for food items for those wishing to lose the extra kilos.
- Rich in salts and naturally occurring oils: Brown rice is rich in body salts like selenium and manganese, which nourish your nervous and reproductive systems, thereby reducing the occurrence of diseases like cancer, arthritis and other cardiovascular syndromes.
- Ideal as baby food: Given that brown rice is replete in necessary body fibers and health boosting nutrients, it is ideal for baby food because it promotes fast growth in babies and also averts any nutrition deficiency diseases. It also protects the baby from any synthetic vitamins that emerge from the consumption of white rice.