Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar Reddy
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar ReddyYour feedback matters!
I have started a fitness schedule for myself and following a diet which includes 7-8 egg whites in my meal. Problem is when I eat 3 egg whites at a time, there is some uneasiness in my stomach. Is this of concern or should I follow for a few days n check?
Always try to sleep in left side posture as it prevent the acidic reflex. So you will not be facing acidity due to reflex
My endoscopy report was patulous ge junction and remaining are normal my previous doctor prescribed me sucrafil syrup but my pain doesn't go way. I had mild to moderate upper abdominal middle pain in the exact centre region, sir can you please help me out with some medicine.
2 years back I had sudden black tarry stools after eating non veg from outside. Dr. prescribed antacids and niacin which didn't work and after 2 month I visited Dr. for endoscopy which resulted nothing but my symptoms were remained same. Now after almost 2 years back again I had same black terry motion and have same symptoms as I have ulcer. What to do please advise? My major symptoms are feeling hungry after couple of hours, indigestion, nausea sometimes, passing excessive amount of smelly wind with distinct odor specially after eating, weight loss, lazy most of the time.
I have pain in asshole while doing potty I confirmed that it is not piles. What may be the reason of pain and what I should do.
The human digestive system is a very complicated and sizeable component of the body. It starts right at the beginning of the mouth, ending at the rectum. Some of the major responsibilities of the digestive system include absorption of essential nutrients and elimination of wastes.
Not only do digestive problems have embarrassing and unwanted symptoms, serious, chronic diseases can be caused if the minor problems are not treated.
Some digestive problems are listed below:
- GERD: This is a burning sensation that results from acids in the stomach being squirted into the oesophagus. A burning sensation is felt, right from the chest to the end of the throat. Frequent heartburns can lead to GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease), symptoms of which include dry cough, sore throat, chest discomfort and difficulty in swallowing.
- Bloating: This is caused due to the presence of excess gas in the colon, small intestines or the stomach.
- Dyspepsia: This is an uncomfortable feeling or pain which occurs in the upper abdominal regions, mostly a result of excess food intake. It is commonly referred to as indigestion. Dyspepsia can be discomforting and if prolonged, medical assistance should be opted for.
- Chronic Constipation: Persistent constipation (chronic) is a sign that there is a problem with the elimination of wastes. This usually happens when the colon is unable to move or pass stools. Other major causes of chronic constipation can be changes in your usual diet, various eating disorders, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and excessive consumption of dairy products among others.
- Food Intolerance: This occurs when the digestive system is unable to tolerate certain food items. This condition is different from food allergies as it only affects the digestive system. Some of the common symptoms include diarrhoea, headache, gas and vomiting.
Possible Serious Conditions-
A gastroenterologist is a type of doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases involving the digestive system. If you continue to experience digestion problems, it’s time to make an appointment.
More serious signs could mean an emergency medical problem. Those signs include:
- bloody stools
- continuous vomiting
- severe abdominal cramps
- sudden, unintentional weight loss
These symptoms could be an indication of an infection, gallstones, hepatitis, internal bleeding, or cancer.
You may be able to overcome digestion problems with treatment and lifestyle changes. Certain diseases of the digestive system might be long-term, but medications can help alleviate symptoms.
Identifying specific digestion problems and talking with a gastroenterologist can go a long way in terms of helping your doctor give you a proper diagnosis. Remember, you don’t have to put up with constant digestive issues.