Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 63 years old. I am suffering from tinnitus and sometimes vertigo for the last 20 years. Is there any remedy for the same. I am taking home medicine for the last 1 year and there is some relief.
I have problem with snoring in night, I did not found any solution for this. So how can I stop snoring in night?
Sir I have small hole in my ear drum last 1 month by stick. When I clean my ear. Please Could someone tell me. How to heal this. What eat for superfast recovery. Is it possible for by medicine. What should be take for heal. I am feel depressed what to do about it.
Is there any solution for ear nerve weakness nd im having hearing loss. I am putting hearing aid in one my right ear pls guide me I am tensed I always humiliated in front of people plss help any solution.
I have a problem in my throat as I can not eat anything because of my tonsils infection. Please suggest me.
I have a back pain and nose blocking from last one year tried many medicine but nothing is change now my pain' s a lot then before please do give me some options or medicine something by the pain will stop
What are the causes and symptoms of ear discharge?
Ear discharge is the phenomenon of fluids being expelled from the ear. This condition is also known as otorrhea.
The kinds of fluids that can be discharged from the ear range from blood to pus and other forms of bodily secretions. It is caused by a number of factors, which determine the exact nature of the condition and the diagnosis for treatment.
What are the causes of ear discharge?
Some forms of ear discharge are natural, such as ear wax which is produced by the body as a form of defense against external particles that may enter the ears. Other forms are unnatural and result from anomalies in the health system.
The causes of these include the following:
- Infections: This is the most common cause of ear discharge and occurs when bacteria and viruses infest the inside of the ear and lead to the secretion of fluids, which builds up in the middle ear or at the eardrum
- Swimmer’s Ear: This condition is also known as otitis externa and is caused by staying in water for prolonged periods. It results from excessive exposure to moisture that makes the walls of the ear canal to break down allowing bacteria and fungi to enter and infect the ear.
- Trauma: Excess pressure on the eardrum can cause it to rupture and discharge fluids. This happens due to a number of reasons such as exposure to loud explosive sounds or pressure from flying in aircrafts and scuba diving.
- Skull Injury: Damage to the bones behind the ear as a result of injury can also lead to ear discharge due to infection.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of tonsils may cause pain or a repeated infection in the ear leading to fluid discharge.
What are the symptoms associated with ear discharge?
Some of the symptoms of otorrhea are as follows:
- Abnormal and unusual secretion of fluids from the ear
- Swelling of the ear
- Partial or complete loss of hearing
- Pain and throbbing in the ear
- Accompanying signs such as fever and migraine
Diagnosis and treatment of the problem depend on the exact cause and nature of the condition, which also determines treatment and recovery time.
I have bad breath problem my mouth is smelling very bad I did scaling brush my teeth and tongue properly thrice a day and also visited a doctor but no response I got. I have nose allergy but not sinus.
I am 34 year old male, I suffer from very frequent throat infections. Also, feel very tired and lethargic throughout the day. Please advise.
My wife is suffering from cold, running nose, chronic cough and vomit since 5 years (when she was pregnant of 4 months) I have consulted some doctors and they are saying that its asthma, and prescribes asthma medicines. But I don't think so, I think its something other disease.(I may be wrong) I wants its proper diagnosis to provide her better and correct treatment for her recovery. Please guide me.
I am suffering from nasal infection from last two years. Tried several medicines but no relief. My nose keeps/ starts running even I drive vehicle for 10 km. Sometimes it starts running without any reason I understood Please help.
I am a 24 year old male. I have a snoring problem. I snore each time I fall asleep. I also used an app to check my snoring and it showed me that I snore about 75%-80% of the time I fall asleep. I smoke but I don't drink.
The last 2-3 months, when my wife is having ear pain when she talks on the phone. Without phone she is well. Please suggest the simple treatment of ear.
I am having sinus congestion, stuffy nose, sore throat & headache. I work in AC 22° C everyday, I get this problem very frequently. No BP & diabetes.
In my ear all time a ringing wistle bilkul patli siti wistle full brain ringing banti hai what I do now help me all time I hear this sound at silent raat mai or jada sunai deti hai bahut paresan hu is awaaj sa kaan ko jab band karta hu to feel hota hai mere kaan k bilkul kahi andar baj raha hai.
The nasal septum divides the nose into two nostrils or airways. When this septum is defective in structure or position, it can cause several physical difficulties like breathing problems, sleep apnea, bleeding, sinusitis, etc. The surgery to correct the nasal septum is known as septoplasty. The surgery is very common and has a high rate of success.
Reason: When the bone and cartilage separating the two chambers is crooked and deformed, it prevents the air from flowing properly through either one of the nostrils. People suffering from this condition often breathe through their mouth and this leads to respiratory tract infections. So, the septum is fixed with the help of septoplasty.
- First, your medical history is taken. A thorough physical examination is conducted and the nose is photographed from the inside and the outside. You may also be asked to avoid medication like ibuprofen, naproxen and aspirin for a few days since these can increase the bleeding after surgery.
- Septoplasty is performed under general or localized anesthesia and takes about 90 minutes. Incisions are made on the inside of the nose and the mucus membrane is lifted.
- Then, the pieces of cartilage that are affecting normal functioning are repositioned or removed.
- If the nasal bone is causing the septum to be wrongly aligned, then cuts are made on the bone and it is positioned correctly.
- Sometimes, cartilage grafts (called spreader grafts) are put in between the upper nose cartilage and the septum to widen the narrow nostril.
- After this, the mucus membrane is put back in place and stitched.
Post- surgical care: A nasal support is put inside the nose to help it heal and keep it straight. The support is removed after two days but there may be swelling and occasional nasal discharge for a few days. The tissues and cartilage become stable within 4 to 6 months. You are asked not to blow your nose or cough and sneeze too much as these might displace the nasal support. The head is to be kept at a higher level than the rest of the body while sleeping and physically demanding exercises are to be avoided in order to prevent nosebleeds.
Risks: Septoplasty is not performed if the patient had high level of blood sugar or high blood pressure. It is also delayed in case of any kind of infection in the nose, mouth or in the respiratory tract. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ENT specialist.