Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay KumarYour feedback matters!
For me my teeth has gone named called 2 of dhouda pandu named called. I consult a doctor over 2 years back,they told root canal process. What is the cost of that.May i expect the same treatment as rightnow.
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!
I want to fill me teeth gap but I do not want to fill it by braces is there another treatment? please help.
My teeth is yellow. I daily use to brush 5-10 minutes but no change. Please suggest me any home remedy which can whiten my teeth.
Hi, my tooth hurts when I walk or while I exercise. But it doesn't when I eat. Kindly suggest what might be the factors.
Does teeth extractions effect our memory capability of our brain. I have gone through some links online and bit worried does it will effect my memory capability. I got my 2 molar teeth extracted 5 day before.
There is problem in my teeth. And between my teeth is a cavity that's why sometimes it pain a lot and food is also filled into it so how am I solve this.
Dear Dr, I travel to much for my work purpose, because of that I suffer body pain daily. I also have bad breath and week teeth issue, for strong bone and for strong teeth what food you suggest for me.
What I have to do? I have bad smel from my mouth. I regularly brush, one time daily. Is it the sign for some kind of dangerous deasese? Pls suggest me to do what is good to be done.
Need to check my entire terth problems. I have holes and have done lot of root canal treatments wherein I have waisted money and more over the time spend for continuous consultations and sittings. Need to know whether any permanent solutions along with a reasonable affordable cost could be looked at. I reside in Bangalore
My tongue is little bit larger. I can not talk well. Please give me some suggestions to become smaller.
I take eptoin 100 mg. Twice after meal, dompan,a to z tablet and singulair. I have bad breath most of the times. Does eptoin results in bad breath?
I am facing problem due to mouth ulcers from past 1 week. Because of this, I am not able to eat properly. I applied Zytee Gel and took medicines also (becosules Z, Folvite, Sporlac ds). No positive results after taking medicines also.
Are you experiencing toothache that continues for several days after having a tooth pulled out? Does the pain keep on worsening, and continue over several days? These symptoms is a clear symptoms that you are might imply that you are suffering from a condition known as dry socket or alveolar osteitis. The socket refers to the hole in the bone from where a tooth has been pulled out. A blood clot gets formed in the socket for the protection of the underlying bones and nerves. Sometimes, the clot might dissolve some days after the extraction, which leaves the underlying bone and nerve exposed to anything that enters the mouth, such as air, food and water, etc. This may cause an infection accompanied by severe pain.
Causes: Several people are more prone to getting a dry socket after having a tooth removed. This includes people who smoke a lot, have a poor sense of oral hygiene and people who get their wisdom tooth pulled. People using birth control pills and the ones who face unusual trauma during tooth extraction are also likely to get dry socket.
Symptoms: The site from where the tooth has been removed will have a dry opening with a dark blood clot present in it. In case there is no blood clot and only whitish bone in the area, dry socket is indicated. Bad breath and foul mouth odor are observed.
Treatment: Several over the counter, nonsteroidal anti- inflammatory medicines or NSAIDS are prescribed for easing the pain, and discomfort caused because of dry socket. These medicines are not sufficient at times and stronger medicines have to be taken. Sometimes the affected area is anesthetized.
Your dentist will clean the socket and remove any kind of debris from the socket hole. The socket will then be filled with a medicated dressing for healing. A special paste may be used as well. You need to visit the dentist frequently for changing the dressing. This must be continued until your pain goes away, and the sockets are healed. Several antibiotic medicines may be prescribed in order to prevent infection in the socket. You must rinse with salt water or with a special mouthwash regularly for fast and effective recovery.
You should strictly avoid cigarettes and other tobacco products after the treatment of dry socket as tobacco is a strong risk factor. Any habit or practice which might hamper blood clotting should be avoided. If you take birth control pills, always have a tooth removed on the day when you receive the lowest dose of estrogen as estrogen hampers blood clotting. Your dentist plays a very important role in treating dry socket, therefore regular visits to the doctor are a must and you should visit him regularly.
Having mouth problem its not opening due to chewing of tobacco I left it from 1 month but its not coming to original stage.Please tell.
My teeth is in yellow in colour. I have used many tooth paste but there is no difference. I do not know what to do. Can you please tell me?
I got ulcers many times in my mouth after every month or so it comes regularly. Can you suggest me something that I can cure it or I can protect it before it arise. It pains very badly?
Excessive intake of starch and sugar oriented foods lead to tooth decay and this dental condition is often associated with other serious symptoms like dental pain, gum swelling and others. Deficiency of a few minerals, especially magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and vitamin-D also causes this kind of dental condition.
If you want to get instant relief from unwanted symptoms, then you should rely on medicines, but normal medicines will not do any good; rather you should take only homeopathic medicines. Innumerable homeopathic medicines have been currently invented by the experienced researchers that can efficiently deal with all kinds of dental troubles or issues.
Main homeopathic medicines used for treating tooth decay: Your smile can be now well preserved and protected in the long run by using different kinds of useful homeopathic medicines. You should use these medicines only after they have been prescribed by the homeopathic practitioner. Some of the most prominent options in this regard are as follows:
- Belladonna: If you are having a severe toothache due to tooth decay and are looking for an instant solution, then nothing can be a better option than this medicine. Apart from removing the dental inflammation, it is also very much helpful in maintaining dental pulp condition. On the other hand, nervous excitability can also be efficiently controlled by taking Belladonna.
- Chamomilla: This is also quite a popular homeopathic medicine, which is prescribed by maximum homeopathic experts for dealing with different kinds of acute dental conditions. Dental sensitiveness can be completely reduced, and necessary warmth can be catered by this medicine so that your ears do not get hurt due to dental pain. This is very much effective, especially during emergency dental conditions when the pains are simply getting unbearable.
- Mercurius: Pulsating toothaches due to broken or decayed tooth can be now controlled only by this medicine. Sometimes, doctors prescribe many other medicines along with this drug in order to handle the dental troubles in a proper manner. Sometimes, painful ulcerations can also be prevented by using the concerned medicine. Now, night-time dental emergencies can be well-treated with this remedy.
- Arnica: This is one of the commonest recedes and this homeopathic medicine is now available in almost every house so that any kind of dental troubles, especially severe pains due to tooth decay can be prevented. In fact, this is the safest option of all.
Overall, one can say that homeopathy provides the best remedy to toothaches that too without any side effects. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.