Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. VidyaYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 years old male, I have a lymph swelling in my right neck. An advice on how to treat it will be very kind of you. Thanking You.
I am 20 years old and I have concern regarding my breasts i. E whatever dress I wear my nipples are popped out to dress and easily visible. Request you to advise me on what measures to be taken to avoid it completely so that I am able to wear any type of dress.
My dad is detected with cancer 3rd time he is now diagnosed and cancer is in d-12 area of back. The tumor is very small .Doctor has suggested radiation therapy. Is it safe. Let me mention already my dad's stomach has been removed because of cancer which was diagnosed before. My dad's age is 47 .Please suggest something.
1) vitamin c rich foods
Citrus fruits, guava, amla, tomato, green leafy vegetables all of them are high in vitamin c. This element prevents the formation of cancer-causing nitrogen compounds.
Berries top the charts when it comes to cancer fighting foods. Pterostilbene, an antioxidant found in berries is a storehouse of cancer fighting properties
3) sweet potatoes
Sweet potato is full of beta carotene. Studies have revealed that consumption of high beta carotene foods like yellow, red, green colored fruits and veggies reduce the risk of various cancers.
Omega 3 fatty acids prevents the growth of cancer by preventing the growth of cancer cells and interrupting the growth of cancerous tumor. Omega-3 fatty acids also help reduce inflammation. Along with fatty fish, one can also include a tbsp of flaxseed in your daily diet.
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, acts as both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant, and prevents cancer by interfering with aspects of cellular signaling
5) green tea
Tea contains catechins compounds, these compounds restrict the growth of cancer.
6) cruciferous vegetables
Cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli cabbage contain phytonutrients which may help inhibit the metabolism of carcinogens and stimulate the body's production of detoxification enzymes.
It contains lycopene which helps prevent prostate and other types of cancer.
Pomegranates are rich in ellagic acid. It slows down cancer cell growth and deactivate cancer-causing compounds.
Again, a food rich in anti-cancer substances including allicin.
What are the effects of painless lumps below the skin? What are natural treatment methods to be given at the age of 58 years? Do you consider these are leads to skin cancer?
I am 22 year female and have fibroadenomas. A large lump of 3.60 in my left breast. What should I do? I dont want any surgery as it leaves me a scar. Is there any alternative to it? iam so worried and depressed about it.
Lasers have come as a boon to treat many medical conditions very safely and effectively. They are absolutely indispensable for permanent hair removal, tattoo removal, freckle removal, skin rejuvenation, treatment of birthmarks and many other internal medical conditions. There is a common misconception that lasers are harmful for your skin and can cause skin cancers. This is far from the truth, since lasers are actually used to treat skin cancers and also help in keeping the skin youthful and rejuvenated.
- Lasers use non-ionising light (like red or green light) and not ionising radiation like x-rays or gamma rays. These spectrums of light do not induce cancer formation.
- Fair skinned races are at much greater risk than skin of color. Melanin in darker skin does not allow harmful UV light in sunlight to penetrate through and the risk of skin cancers in darker skin is therefore small with normal sun exposure. Also, common lasers do not use UV light.
- Laser treatments are administered not in prolonged durations but in pulses much less than a second and parameters in the range of milliseconds and microseconds are most commonly used. Prolonged sun exposure is the most common precipitating factor for skin cancers.
- Laser light does not reach any internal organ. In fact, it requires some expertise even to make laser light reach its target just 1-2 millimeters below the skin. This is because melanin pigment in skin blocks laser light from getting through. An expert dermatologist with sound knowledge of skin optics and laser physics is able to achieve this safely and effectively.
- Laser treatments work on the principle of ''selective photothermolysis'. This means that laser light very specifically destroys only the intended target. Thus, a hair removal laser will destroy only the hair roots while leaving surrounding skin structures unharmed. Similarly, blood vessels in birth marks, collagen in wrinkles or scars, abnormal growths and cancers and individual inks in tattoos can be targeted very specifically with lasers without affecting any other structure.