Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VidyaYour feedback matters!
Me and my girlfriend have unprotected sex in the night and thn again in the morning and after that she consumed unwanted 72. Is there is any reason to worry about pregnancy.
Weight of baby at 14th week during pregnancy is 75.57+/- 11gms in ultrasound reports. Please tell me is it normal or less or more?
If you have a healthy pregnancy, there’s no reason why you and your partner can not have sex. You would not hurt your baby by making love.
There are, however, some circumstances where you may have to be careful about having sex.
If you’ve had any bleeding or spotting in early pregnancy, your doctor may advise you not to have sex until you reach 14 weeks. Your doctor may say it is best not to have sex for the rest of your pregnancy if you have:
- a history of cervical weakness
- a low-lying placenta (placenta praevia)
- had heavy bleeding
- had a vaginal infection
It is advisable to consult your gynecologist if you have a doubt ask your gynecologist. Your doctor is the best person to advise in such matters.
I am 36 years female has 55kg weight, how often can I take calcium and vitamins supplement and in what dosage? kindly suggest.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age. Polycystic means “many cysts,” and PCOS often causes clusters of small, pearl-sized cysts in the ovaries. The cysts are fluid-filled and contain immature eggs. PCOS affects one in 4 women.
What are the causes behind it?
While the exact cause of PCOS is unknown, doctors believe that hormonal imbalances and genetics play a role. Women are more likely to develop PCOS if their mother or sister also has the condition.
Overproduction of the hormone androgen may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that women’s bodies also produce.
PCOS is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of PCOS that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need PCOS treatment:
- Irregular or missing menstrual periods
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Does PCOS increase weight?
The answer is a ‘YES’. Most PCOS patients are overweight and are asked to exercise which helps control the symptoms but a lot many people have a completely normal body type.
What are the risks associated with PCOS-related weight gain?
No matter what the cause, weight gain can be detrimental to your health. Women with PCOS are more likely to develop many of the problems associated with weight gain and insulin resistance, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Endometrial cancer
Many of these conditions can lead to heart disease. In fact, women with PCOS are four to seven times more likely to have a heart attack than women of the same age without the condition.
Benefit of Weight Loss with PCOS
Modest weight loss will not cure PCOS, but it will help. Weight loss can restore the normal function of the ovaries and result in normal hormone production. This may, in turn, lead to improvements in symptoms of PCOS, such as excess hair growth, acne or scalp hair loss.
Protect Yourself From Weight Gain
- Eat Right: A healthy diet low in complex carbohydrates, moderate protein and low fat is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Exercise: Start doing low-to-moderate activities like walking or swimming for 30-to-90 minutes per day because exercise (even without weight loss) has been shown to lower or get rid of insulin resistance.
- Lose Weight: The more overweight you are the more likely you are to be insulin resistant whether you have PCOS or not. Losing just 5% of your bodyweight will help lower your insulin resistance.
- Avoid Stress: Don’t over stress yourself as it increases the blood pressure level in your body and can’t help to resist with PCOS. So, try to stay as calm as possible.
- Get more sleep (at least 7-to-9 hours in a day): Not getting enough sleep can also make your insulin resistance worse, which in turn acquires you the weight.
- Cereals: Barley, quinoa, oats, oatmeal, muesli, bran flakes, whole wheat porridge, brown rice, multigrain bread
- Pulses: Yellow moong, green moong, chana dal, beans, whole pulses
- Dairy products: Skimmed or toned milk, soy milk, tofu, paneer, yogurt
- Fruits: Berries, plums, peaches, oranges, papaya, pears, watermelons, apples
- Nuts: Walnut, almonds, flaxseeds
- Vegetables: Carrots, peas, broccoli, lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, onions, cauliflower, celery, spinach
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello doc. We are planning for a baby I got abortion in July. Now doc suggested to plan for baby. We tried in September for baby. But no fruitful result (got periods) So my, question is my period cycle 35 days. Starting get bit red discharge. Nd after 2 days I get bleeding for 2 days.in this situation I am not getting exactly first day of my cycle. So at wat exact date we to plan for baby. How to count ovulation date in my case. please help.
Satvik Food- The food items which increases the energy, purifies the mind, freshens the mind, produces cheerfulness, provides serenity and mental clarity and becomes the breeding place of positive thoughts. Love, Peace, Compassion of mind are the end products of satvik foods. Sattvic food is highly conducive to good health
Rajasik Food- The food items which create aggression, competition, action, sensuality, sexuality, greed, jealousy, anger, delusion, fantasies, egotism and irreligious feelings.
Tamsik Food- The foods which brings about stagnation leading to degeneration of people’s health are Tamsik foods. The increase dark and negative thoughts, confusion, delirium, and sluggishnesss of mind. Lack of concentration, memory loss, decreased grasping power is most commonly found in people prone to eating tamsik foods.
Are you suffering from chronic pain, numbness or tingling in the hand and arms? It may be symptoms of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome:
CUBITAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
Cubital tunnel syndrome cause severe pain, numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness in the hand and arm.
Causes and Symptoms:
Cubital tunnel syndrome is also known as ulnar neuropathy .It is caused by increased pressure on the ulnar nerve, which passes close to the skin surface around elbow.
Factors which predisposes to the development of cubital tunnel syndrome are:
•Repeatedly leaning on your elbow, especially on a hard surface.
•Prolonged bending of elbow for sustained periods, such as while talking on a cell phone or sleeping with your hand crooked under your pillow.
•Abnormal bone growth in the elbow
•Intense physical activity that increases pressure on the ulnar nerve.
In most cases, cubital tunnel syndrome can be managed with conservative treatment. But in severe cases surgery may be required to reduce pressure on the affected nerve.
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.
5 things you should know about menstrual cups
Every day, we see a new thing which makes our life easier and comfortable and menstrual cup is one such thing that makes the life of a woman much easier during those difficult days.
1. Safe and cost effective: these are safe to use and there is no harm or side effects attached to it. You don't have to worry of the hygiene of these cups. These cups have the capacity to hold 30-40 ml of fluid. Tampons and pads are use-and-through and that's why it involves higher cost whereas menstrual cups can be used a number of times which makes it cost-effective.
2. Flexible and reusable: it's a flexible cup which is worn inside vegina where all fluid gets collected. It doesn't absorb the fluid like tampons but only collects it. Unlike tampons, menstrual cups are reusable. You can remove it, throw the fluid and then refix it.
3. Breaking of the seal: you must not use it without breaking the seal. It will be very uncomfortable if the seal is not broken. You will hear a pop voice when the seal gets broken. So, just be careful about this.
4. How to remove: while removing it, it must be pushed downwards just like a bowel movement or push at the time of childbirth otherwise you might face a bit of difficulty but when you have a prior knowledge of how to remove it, it will make things easier for you.
5. Time period: unlike tampons and pads, menstrual cups can be used for a longer period. Time period could go up to 12 hours. So, in a way, it saves your time, energy and is very convenient and easily manageable too.
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
I have delivered preterm baby and he is not breast feeding I am feeding him similac 1 baby is 20 days now his weight is low what should I feed him should I change baby powder n as he is not breast feeding I want to stop my milk any medicine please advice as I need to get to work after 15 days.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in women who are about to reach their menopause. The setting of menopause can lead to a variety of symptoms like moodiness and depression to hot flashes, insomnia and vaginal dryness. Homeopathy has remedies which are very helpful in relieving the symptoms of menopause, when chosen for an individual as per their history. Homeopathy stimulates the person's healing response to a certain stimulus, allowing the person to heal on their own.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies:
- Pulsatilla: This is for women who are mild, sensitive and weep very easily during the perimenopause stage. These women might whine when unhappy and are very depressed and sad. The women who need this medication prefer company, companionship and support. She is often uncomfortable and warm in hot rooms especially while experiencing hot flashes. The remedy is helpful in cases of insomnia and empty nest syndrome, a syndrome when children leave home. This often coincides with change in a woman's life. Pulsatilla is very helpful for hormonal imbalance including during the menstrual cycle and peri-menopause phase.
- Cimicifuga: This is recommended for those women who suffer from severe headaches during perimenopause. The headaches are characterized by a pain in the right side of the neck, which often extends to the right shoulder. This remedy is also helpful in women who feel disappointed and trapped in their lives. Some women who have a feeling of being caged and surrounded by dark clouds also benefit from this. It is considered to be a perfect remedy for many women who experience hormonal changes at the menopausal stage of their lives.
- Sepia: This remedy is especially helpful for perimenopause and hormonal imbalances. This is helpful in women who feel exhausted and chilly. Sometimes a woman might develop an aversion to her family members especially the children and does not want to care for them. Sepia is known to help women overcome these feelings, enables them to reestablish stability and balances hormones. Some women also get a feeling that their inside are bearing out and get a sensation that their uterus and vagina might fall. This feeling and sensation is eliminated by sepia. Sepia is also helpful for the host flashes, dryness, vaginal irritation and moodiness during this phase of their life.
- Lachesis: This is indicated in the perimenopausal and menopausal symptoms like the night sweats and hot flashes. This remedy is capable to provide a relief from the occipital headaches associated with the changing hormones. Women who need lachesis might be witty, loquacious, nasty, crib and complain about the body pains which are more significant on the left side, like the left ovary discomfort. This remedy also relieves insomnia and depression related with the hormonal swings. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic doctor and ask a free question.