Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venu Gopal Arroju
Submit a review for Dr. Venu Gopal ArrojuYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 69 years old man and having prostate problem. I have been advised Alfuzosin 10 mg at night 3 years ago. I have been prescribed prazosin 5 mg in night in addition to alfuzosin 10 mg day before yesterday. Please clarify whether alfuzosin 10 mg and prazosin 5 mg can be given simultaneously to a patient.
My breast cancer is operated n detected on second stage I seriously want to know what to take next step please help me I just want to meet you once for my satisfaction is it possible sir?
I am 28 years old women. Before 4 years I took a surgery for lump on my right breast. At the same time a tiny lumps on my left breast too. I took needle biopsy to the both breast at that time. The result is normal. The biopsy result of right breast is also normal. After 6 months of surgery I got married and delivers a child before our first anniversary. My left breast lump is become larger during this period. Am i suspect the left breast lump cancer. I am afraid to a medical examine. Please give me a clarification.
Am 22 suffering from prostate disorder for past 8 months is this end of my sex life and am planning to get married there by will I be able to give birth or else its an end of my sex life ?
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.
Found a bean shaped mass on the right side of the soft palate between two mucosal skins/linings. That mass is visible when I open my mouth wide open and use a flashlight. Also I feel something is always stuck in my throat. I do not know if that mass is a tonsil or anything else. google up the symptoms and as obvious it showed mouth cancer. Been greatly worried about this. There is no pain or anything. Just got out of a really long cough and cold phase which lasted a little over two weeks. With the above mentioned description please give me an idea of what could it be. Is it really cancer?
I am 72 years old man. My prostrate size as ascertained USG on 16.5.18 is 36.1 which is enlarged. Taking silodosin capsule daily one as advised by urologist. Do I need immediate operation TURP? Doctor suggested operation. May I continue medicines for 6 months & then go for operation? Pl give a reply.
Meri maa ka treatment 3 months ago tata hospital me huaa tha. Doctor chemo ke liye bola tha. But maa darr se nhi gayi. tumor kaafi bad gya h, kya ab treatment ho skta h? dard bhi khafi hai. Please advise
The rising incidences of cancer have made it important for us to be vigilant about our health. It has been proven medically that if cancer is detected at an early stage -stage I & II , then the chances of cure and treatment along with full recovery are very high. For early cancer detection & for people at greater risk of cancer, PHC-Preventive Health Care plays a major role. Preventive Health Check is particularly important for the people who have a family history of cancer.
Almost all cancers are caused by damage or mutation in their genes, which, may be acquired from environmental exposure, dietary factors, hormones or through normal aging. In 90% of cases, these genes are not passed from parents to children. These are known as sporadic mutations and the cancers that they cause are called as sporadic cancers. But 5-10% of cancers are caused by gene mutations which are inherited from one or both parents & passed on to the children .These are hereditary or germline mutations & these cancers are known as hereditary or familial cancers.
People /children, who carry gene mutations have a higher risk of developing cancer at an earlier age or at some point in their life time.
Some of the common such cancers, which run in families, are:
- Breast cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Colo-rectal cancer (cancer of large intestine )
- Prostate cancer
Breast, ovary & colo-rectal carcinoma have well established gene mutation studies.Mutation of BRCA 1 & BRCA2 Genes is responsible for 85% of hereditary breast cancers.
Estimated life time risk for developing breast cancer in woman with BRCA1 & BRCA2 mutation is 56-87% & risk for developing-bilateral /contralatral breast cancer is about 20-40%. These statistics make a preventive health check for women with breast cancer history in their family a necessity. Mutation in these genes confers about 20-40% increased life time risk for developing ovarian cancer. Hence the presence of gene mutation for breast cancer can trigger ovarian cancer.
However as stated above, other environmental and lifestyle factors can also cause breast cancer other than genetic BRCA1 & BRCA 2 gene mutations.
- Increasing age
- Early menarche
- Late menopause
- First birth after the age of 30
- Atypical lobular hyperplasia or Atypical ductal hyperplasia
- Prior breast biopsies
- Long term postmenopausal estiogen replacement
- Early exposure to ionizing radiation
Other Familial Cancers:
Familial cancer syndromes associated with colo-rectal cancers are familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP).It is an autosomal dominant inherited syndrome with more than 90% penetrance, manifested by hundreds of polyps developed by late adolescence .The risk of developing invasive cancer is almost 100% .So such patients should start getting colonoscopy at an earlier age- say by 20yr of age & should undergo Total Collectomy on development of significant polyps .
Cancer Assessment & Conclusion:
For breast cancer risk assessment, we have the GAIL model & IBIS model, which take into consideration ,all the risk factors, apart from BRCA1 & BRCA 2 gene mutation. These models calculate the over all life time risk of development of breast cancer for any lady. For this, you have to consult a specialist experienced in area of hereditary cancers, cancer risk assessment, genetic counseling & testing.
To conclude, all people with cancers in their family should undergo genetic testing & counseling, to detect high risk individuals should take adequate measures & treatment.