Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venu
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. VenuYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 27 years old unmarried, I am facing neck pain its not controlling since 5 years. please suggest me some solutions.
I have pain and discomfort on right foot in ankle area. Recent x-ray detected ankle bone spur. I am 42 yrs. Have active lifestyle. Is this growth controllable. If yes how?
I want to get heavy nd dense shaves I have shaves bt its olny on neck nd side chicks pls suggest some.
I am suffering with my hand that I could not bare the pain even though I used medicine. What should I do for my pain.
I am having hairfall at a large scale and acnes all over my face and on my shoulders also. The acnes pains a lot when you press or hold them. As I was recently been transfered here so I think its because of the water here! Please help.
Muscle cramps often occur in the calf muscle of the back of the lower leg. It is often characterized by a momentary sharp pain along with a muscle lump beneath the skin. Just like its sudden appearance, muscle cramp disappears the same way without any botheration. However, a doctor should be consulted if you see any of the following symptoms:
- The pain keeps coming back
- The cramps result in weakening of the muscles
- It causes frequent discomfort
- It results in changed skin color, redness or swelling of the skin
- The condition doesn’t improve with normal care
- Cramps are not associated with obvious causes such as playing, exercising and jogging
What causes muscle cramps?
Any strain on muscle, dehydration, muscle overuse or simply standing for a prolonged time can lead to muscle cramps. The exact cause of muscle cramps is not known in a lot of cases. There could be the following medical conditions that could lead to such muscle cramps:
- Blood supply: At times when the arteries narrow down resulting in an inadequate blood supply in the leg, a sharp pain can be felt followed by muscle cramps. This can happen while exercising or playing. It disappears as soon as one rests their legs.
- Mineral depletion: Shortage of magnesium, potassium and calcium in the body can lead to muscle cramps. Even medication for high blood pressure can lead to cramps in the legs.
- Nerve compression: Nerve compression of the spine can produce sharp pain on the leg muscles. The pain worsens with longer durations of walk. The symptoms, however, can be delayed a bit if the walking posture is changed, like the way one walks while carrying a shopping cart.
What are the risk factors associated to muscle cramps?
- Dehydration: Muscle cramps often happen among athletes when they get dehydrated and fatigued while performing in hot temperature.
- Age: People over the age of 60 often lose mass in the muscle. The remaining mass gets stressed out soon, resulting in muscle cramps.
- Pregnancy: Pregnant women face frequent muscle cramps due to the sudden increase of body weight and restricted movements in the pregnancy period.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions such as nerve disorder, thyroid problems, liver failure, diabetes etc. greatly increase the chance of muscle cramps.
Some common ways to treat muscle cramps:
- A brisk walk followed by stretching relaxes the muscles and greatly helps in staying away from cramps.
- A diet consisting of magnesium on a regular basis gives relief from muscle cramps.
- A wet cloth soaked in hot water often shows magical results and gives instant relief from muscle cramps.
- Being hydrated throughout the day helps with muscle cramps. It is necessary to consume enough amount of electrolytes so that muscle contraction does not happen.