Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Venu Madhav P.VYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, I am suffering a problem last month after I had used to a pesticide spray (kharpatwar) at home named (Heera) after that day I am suffering a problem dry cough, throat soaring and difficulty in breath. I have took lots of medicines but there is no relief me till time please suggest me a proper remedies and what should I do.
Sir I have a problem in my throat (right side) while swallowing it seems that somebody pinches me in my throat. Should I consult a Dr. Plzz tell me any antibiotic for my problem.
My age is 25 year old. And my weight is 80 kg, and last few days my mother notice that I am doing snoring. Before these I have never snoring and it will start few days ago please tell me sir why this happen yet and how I control it.
I am 70. I have recurring problem of mouth ulcers for the past more than 30 years. I do have a stress plus depression problem for which I am not taking any medicines. I am diabetic and on single dose 500mg metforin daily. Besides I also suffer from occasional vertigo which is probably due to my cervical & lumbar spondylitis. Kindly advise on minimal medication.
1) I am 17 years old and a female. I have undergone laser tonsillectomy a week ago on 17. My doctor prescribed me ROMILAST L10 for 30 days. Is it necessary for me to use? 2) he has also advised me not to take ice creams for a life time and if I will not I'll catch the problem again as tonsils grow again. Is it true? If not until how many days should I resist eating ice creams.
Hello, I am suffering from throat infection from last month. I have consulted my family doctor, but not getting good results. Please suggest any remedy for this.
I feel stressed and shortness of breathe, sometimes my body temperature go less and head pains, when I go to closed places like I gone to passport office I started feeling suffocated and breathe problem is this anxiety or some other problem? My nose also remain closed.
I have been having chronic sinusitis. I M trying all antibiotics. And thinking to get surgery on the sinuses. Is it better to get operated?
I release a red coloured cough when I clear my throat for the past two days. The color is partly red mixed with ghee color. Of course some other times in the day the cough is dark black coloured due to external pollution/dust. Is it normal. What should I do otherwise.
I have paratoid gland enlargement. I seen a ent specialist he has given antibiotic for 5 days but it has not subsided. Kindly advise.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.