Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Venu Gopal RaoYour feedback matters!
My husband is about 31 yrs. Actually he is suffering from mouth ulcer from very long.. As he said his problem mouth ulcer start in his teen age still he is coping with this trouble. He consult many doctors but they said it will cure after marriage. We have 4 years now to get married but issue not gone. What he should any suggestions. please share.
I am having difficulties swallowing food and water. And the end of my mouth is hurting badly. Please help
Iam 55 years old. For the last 3 days I have pain in the right jaw with inflamed gums and the pain going down upto right side in throat making swallowing of saliva also very difficult. Can not open my mouth enough to eat using a spoon. Only sipping of liquids is possible. Please suggest.
I have suffered with the prob of mouth ulcer. It comes every month at least 2 times. How to avoid this prob.
I am 40 old and have problem with gums. Some times it bleeds and whenever I have non-veg food. The food is stuck between tooth. Kindly advise me on this.
My teeth are not aligned. My front two teeth are slightly over one another. Is there any solution to correct them without using braces.
Hi sir my name is chaitanya I have a problem with my teeth. My teeth was turning into yellow why I don't know please give a solution to solve my problem.
My all teeths are mild paining all the time.And no any symptoms of sensibity i m feeling. Kindly sugest me. Now a days also am suffering from thort infection. Is this reason. Plz suggest me
My name is Philip and I have a history of visiting dentists. During the last visit I was suggested by the dentist to wear braces for crowded teeth. It also requires removal of my wisdom teeth as per the suggestion. Due to a certain tension I am not able to take a necessary decision. I am aged 24 and I want to know whats the next best decision that I should be taking.
I am suffering from teeth sensetion, ear sensetion and some time in my other body part. Teeth sensetion are mostly continues. My brain mri is normal. Mouth taste is bad and lip are dry. One time nose bleeding also. Please give me the suggestion. Thanks.
I am suffering from fever for last 2 day , I take medicine but my mouth test is change completely. . So plss suggest me.
Sir mere teeth thoda bahr nikla he itna ki hsne pr vo accha nhi dikhta aur kuch jyada bahr a jata he jo ki accha nhi lgta. Use andr krne k lie kya kre.
Sometimes I do feel blood in my throat when I wakeup in the morning. When I spit, it doesn't show much much reddish. A very light reddish saliva came today and once only. When I spit again nothing comes up in saliva. What could be the reason for it. Pls suggest.
Venerable sir / mam there is problem in my 2 tooth. Past 1.5 I get filled my cavity by a local doctor in my small town. He filled with white cement (used for making teeth). Later 1of my tooth had been uprooted & now another is making probing. Gums around the tooth swelled up. & in filled with yellowish, blood. It pains. & also unstable, I can't eat food from it., please help.
Hii my name is yasin I am facing from last 3-4 days from mouth ulcer problem is there any home made remedy for this.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.