Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Venketeshwra Mallela RaoYour feedback matters!
I was treated for sarcoidosis in CMC vellore during 2006 with affected area was chest and I was given steroids. After the post treatment, I suffered from cataract as well as diabetes. cataracts were operated and lenses were replaced. The treatment was continued upto 2010. I am regularly doing health check up. But for diabetes I was advised in CMC that for diabetes medication can be stopped after some period as it is steroid inced one. I am now taking Glyciphage 500 mg. Whether diabetes can be cured as the diabetes is induced one. Can I stop diabetes medicine.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.