Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. VenkateshYour feedback matters!
Asthma is an inflammatory disease, which affects the airways of your lungs (respiratory tract that pumps oxygen into the lungs). It is long term in nature. It is characterized by shortness of breath, coughing and wheezing. It occurs few times a day or few times a week depending on the person it affects. Sometimes it worsens during the night.
What triggers Asthma?
- Airborne particles such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen and cockroach waste.
- Infections in the respiratory system such as common cold.
- Cold air can also trigger asthma.
- Physical or outdoor activities which make you pant such as running, skipping, jogging and jumping can cause shortness of breath, thus triggering asthma.
- Pollutants and irritants in air such as smoke.
- Some medications can also trigger asthma.
- Stress and nervous attacks (panic attacks) also trigger asthma.
How to manage asthma better by changing your lifestyle:
- Try to avoid keeping animals in your house such as dogs, cats and rabbits. Many times animal fur, waste, urine and saliva contains particles which can cause allergic reactions and make you cough uncontrollably. This in turn triggers asthma attacks. If you have pets try keeping them away from your bedroom.
- Dust mites also cause allergies which trigger asthma. So wash your carpets, rugs, bed-linen and pillowcases in hot water.
- Bugs and insects such as cockroaches are not only unhygienic, but can also trigger asthma. Cockroach droppings near your bed, kitchen and food are dangerous and you should call an exterminator to get rid of these bugs.
- Sometimes, heavy fragrance also aggravates your respiratory tract and triggers shortness of breath. Avoid using heavy perfumes, deodorants and room fresheners.
- Pollution also triggers asthma. Dust particles come out from the vehicles and mix with the air. If this air is inhaled, it might trigger uncontrollable asthma. So try to cover your mouth with a cloth when you step out of your house.
Asthma can be very severe and can bring many hurdles in your day to day activities. Changing your lifestyle and certain habits can reduce asthma to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
My son is 6 months old started teething for a few days now. Has been on topfeed since birth. As per age his feed is changed from nan pro 1 to nan pro 2 and also we have started giving cerelac for 3 days now. Eversince the diet is changed there is a problem is of very tight and painful stool discharge 3 to 5 times a day. Since yesterday cerelac is stopped and liquid diet is restored besides water mixed with sugar. From Today afternoon we are also giving colicaid however, no relief as of now. Kindly advise. Thank you.
Hello, Doctor my baby is 1year she not eat food, im giving her rice all types dall mixed cooking food. She will cry while eating when iam forcing her and I am holding her in leg togiving food. Food like liquid so when iam giving food substance going in nose n ears. So please tell how handle a baby what kid of food shall I made to her n give me advice for her hunger. And her weight is 6.5 kg she is active but her weight is not growing. Please tell me tips n medicine to gain her weight iam worried about her weight.
Suggest a proper diet plan for my 6 month baby. He is having constipation after his solid diet started. please help me with tht too.
My 4 years son attained a dinner party yesterday. He is vomiting everything 4 hrs after eating anything. I am giving ondem 7.5ml today in the night and give food after 30mnt of medication. But again he vomit everything after 2 hrs of giving food. Within these 14hrs he vomited 4 times. I am afraid. Please help me any experienced pediatric doctor.
Hello doctor during from last 4-5 months I got abscess on the underwear area. It comes every month and I take some medicine then it gone but again come after interval of month.
My son is 4years old. He is too much silent in nature. He is not play any game like other children. He didn't talk too much. I am worried. please tell me the solution.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
Son is 3 years old and has the habit of keeping his tongue out most of the time. Was advised to wait and it will go with time but it doesn't seem to be improving. He speaks a lot and I don't see a problem with his speech except inability to say 'r' sound.
My son 2 years 4 months old. He is thin and doesn't have good eater. Kindly suggest any good syrup for him.
My son does not responds properly when we call him even though he has no problem in hearing. He also does not speaks properly at the age of 5 years. please help.
Cleft palate or palatoschisis is a common genetic abnormality that leads to a horde of problems and is presently a growing challenge to medicine practitioners. The major developmental stages affected due to this particular irregularity include feeding, speech development, dentition and maxillofacial growth which are rather important to the normal overall developmental pace of an individual. Even though the cleft palate deformity was defined centuries ago, no fixed management algorithm exists for patients suffering from the condition in the present day scenario.
Cleft palate may be successfully fixed using reconstructive surgery. Multiple specialists are involved in the reconstruction surgery including plastic surgeons, otolaryngologists, nutritionists, oromaxillofacial surgeons and speech pathologists. Some hospitals also consider psychological therapy for the patient and the family to help get through the emotional trauma and the issues faced due to developmental backlogs.
The treatment for cleft palate usually begins around 9 to 12 months of age. If left untreated, it may cause major deformities. It takes about some years before the whole procedure is completed although it depends on the type and severity of the deformity.
The process involves the administration of anaesthesia after which the palate repair closes the inner, middle and final layers and at the same time realigning of the palatal muscles in a technique called anintravelarveloplasty is conducted. This ensures that the muscles are adjusted in a normal position which facilitates the best functioning of the palate during feeding, swallowing and speaking. It is possible that the child might require more than one surgery to completely close the palate.
Some of the risks involved during the process include:
1. Abnormal reactions to the medications
3. Problems in breathing
4. Need for more surgery
Although complicated and time consuming, cleft palate must be given immediate attention to avoid serious developmental issues. The reconstruction surgery and therapy combined ensures a normal development for the child in the longer run, given the surgery was done at the correct time. The child would be required to remain at the hospital for about 5-7 days. Complete recovery takes a time period of 4 weeks. Keeping the wound of the surgery clean is of the utmost importance and it should not be strained. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrics and ask a free question.
My baby is sneezing and got a running nose, she's 5 months old. What are the homemade precautions we'll take to avoid different types of medicine?
My Children is suffering from Cough frequently her age is 2.5 year and another 4 years can you suggest what to do?
My son often gets chest congestion (once in a month). His nose won't be blocked, but mostly cough and then fast breathing within a day. What treatment is safe and suitable? Doctor gives nebulization of Levolin and that really helps and is effective but will it cause any side-effects?
Hello doctor my baby has not passed the motion for past three days. He s taking semi solid food like rice kanchi nestum rice n dhalwater along wth mother milk. Is it normal or it constipation. He s four months old baby. Pleas advice me. I'm really worried.
My son is 3 years old. All of sudden, while taking his dinner, he started severing and temp was 104. We gave him Meftal P and Augmentin. He was in fever for the whole night and the next day we took him the Paediatrician. He gave a 5 day course of -Ibugesic Plus, Nutrolin-B, Ziprax-100, After talking medicine, he got started with colic pain and toilet. We consulted doctor and was prescribed metrogyl and zinconia. Though there is some relax, but there is frequent toilet with mucus and blood. For last two days. Please suggest.
Mera beta sirf 25 Dino ka h or use sharir me gami nikli he. Uske sarir me choti choti fuliya ho gai he. Kya karu?
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother