Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkatesh Bhardwaj
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh BhardwajYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hepatitis C is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV) and it can spread from one person to another through infected blood. In the initial stages, the symptoms of the disease are very mild and therefore, the infection goes undetected most of the time but when the symptoms turn serious, they need to be treated as turning a blind eye could prove dangerous. It can lead to liver cirrhosis and even liver failure. So, specific symptoms such as dark urine, fever, weight loss, fatigue, and pain in the abdomen should not be ignored and one must go for diagnosis. If hepatitis C is detected, the treatment should be started immediately and if one takes recourse to Ayurveda, then he or she can be sure of a “side-effects free” treatment.
Ayurvedic medicines help balance pitta
Ayurveda supposes that any liver disease or liver infection is caused by pitta vitiation because this life energy governs the liver. It is believed that when pitta becomes aggravated, it affects the functioning of the liver. The liver becomes inflamed and is unable to remove the poisonous substances from the body, leading to a buildup of toxins. So, Ayurveda deals with the aggravated pitta at first. It prescribes medicines and foods that calm the pitta. For example, medicines such as katuki, kalmegha, haritaki, and guduchi eliminate the excess pitta from the body. The Ayurvedic therapies such as abhyanga and panda sveda also aim at removing the pitta and toxins from the body.
Ayurveda heals the liver
In hepatitis C, the liver is affected by the infection. It undergoes swelling and scarring. So, the Ayurvedic medicines try to repair this damage done to the liver walls. The herbal medicines prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor such as punarnava and bhumi amla have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that relax the inflamed liver walls. They also repair the damaged tissues and restore the liver to its normal state. Light food items such as oats, barley, and fruits get digested easily and do not put strain any strain on the liver. They are highly conducive to the recuperating body and during the treatment procedure, enhance the efficacy of the medicines
Ayurvedic treatment boosts immunity
Hepatitis C, being an infectious disease, directly impacts the immune system of the body. So, Ayurvedic treatment also focuses on strengthening the immunity of the patient. An easily digestible diet and medicines such as turmeric, bhringaraj, and bhumyalaki work at restoring immunity. The therapies also give the immunity a boost and when this happens, the body can fight the infection more effectively.
So, Ayurveda uses a multi-pronged treatment strategy for hepatitis C, which proves helpful in treating the infection from the roots. It works at different levels because the motive is to provide permanent relief and not temporary comfort. This is why, diet restrictions, lifestyle regulation, and abstinence are given so much importance. Ayurveda is a holistic science that cures any disease by dealing with all the problem areas. This is why, in case of hepatitis C, the patient not just gets relief from the symptoms but their liver also recovers to its original healthy state.
If you start sneezing, you know there’s something wrong with your nose. However, if your stomach hurts, there could be a number of factors behind it. The trouble could lie with your stomach, small intestine, large intestine, spleen, liver, etc. The good news is that most of these conditions are fairly easy to resolve. With Ayurveda, you can use things in your kitchen to treat your pain and get immediate relief. Five of the most common abdominal disorders and ways to treat them with Ayurveda are:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: If you find yourself complaining of nausea, stomach aches, chronic diarrhea or constipation and headaches, you could be suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome. According to Ayurveda, this is caused by a buildup of toxins in the body. A simple remedy for this problem is to have a teaspoon of psyllium husk with half a cup of yogurt after dinner.
- Acid Reflux: Acid reflux or Gastroesophageal reflux disease is said to be caused by a dominance of the pitta dosha. Common symptoms of this condition include pain while swallowing and heart burn. To prevent this condition and treat it, you must limit your consumption of alcohol, caffeinated drinks and processed foods. A teaspoon of equal quantities of powdered rock candy, green cardamom and fennel with a glass of cold milk can be a very effective cure.
- Food Intolerance: In the case of food intolerances, the ama or toxins in the body can accumulate in the digestive system and keep certain types of foods from being broken down. This in turn creates a gas inside the intestines and weakens bowel movement. Many of these allergies can be prevented simply by living a healthier lifestyle. Yoga asanas can also be very helpful.
- Constipation: When undigested food accumulates in the digestive system, the vata dosha is impaired. This creates an obstruction and keeps bowel movements from being smooth and regular. To treat this condition, you should eat plenty of fiber rich foods and drink lots of water. Having a tablespoon of castor oil before going to bed can help facilitate bowel movements.
- Stomach Ulcers: Ulcers in the stomach refer to eruptions or lesions on the inner lining of the stomach walls. These are typically caused by stress, an unhealthy diet and a bad lifestyle. In most cases, people with elevated vata doshas suffer the most from stomach ulcers. Ayurvedic home remedies for this condition include licorice tea, probiotics, garlic boiled in milk and water and honey.
Cumin, also known as jeera in the Indian subcontinent is an ancient seed that has been prized for more than 3000 years. Ayurveda holds this spice in high regards and uses it for treating a host of health disorders including burning of excess fat.
Why are cumin seeds considered to aid in weight loss?
- An effective detoxifier: Ayurveda considers the accumulation of toxins to cause weight gain and other medical conditions. While certain toxins are easily removed with water, fatty toxins stick to cells and disrupt cell metabolism resulting in weight gain. To detox such hard-to-remove toxins, cumin seeds are predominantly used in Ayurveda. The seeds remove excess kapha from the intestines and detox liver effectively.
- Lowers cholesterol that aids in burning fat effectively: Black cumin is rich in phytosterols which are plant fats resembling cholesterol present in animal fats. When consumed, they limit the amount of cholesterol absorbed by the body. Taking a tablespoon of cumin seeds every day has been medically proven to lower the amount of cholesterol up to 10 percent and bad cholesterol up to 14 percent. This reduction in addition to the cholesterol-lowering measures that you may have adopted would be helpful in burning fat much faster. Taking about 2 grams of cumin seeds combined with light freehand or aerobic exercises can lead to subsequent weight loss in people who lead a sedentary lifestyle.
- Lowers blood sugar levels and regulates metabolism: Any person with high blood sugar levels is aware that low insulin levels tend to create a craving for sweets and carbs while high insulin levels can cause extreme thirst and fatigue. Cumin seeds have been proven to lower the blood sugar levels. It lowers blood sugar levels by increasing insulin and glucose sensitivity. In this way, black cumin seeds can aid you to shed off extra pounds by improving the blood glucose levels as well as glucose absorption. In addition to all these benefits, black cumin seeds contain high amounts of oleic acid which is a fatty acid causing acceleration in the way in which the body burns fat.
- Other benefits from cumin seeds: Constipation and indigestion are other common reasons for weight gain. An excellent source of fiber, antioxidants, and that has anti-flatulent properties, the cumin seeds can cure constipation, bloating, and heaviness thus aiding in weight loss. Lack of sleep may also be causing weight gain. Cumin seeds can cure you of insomnia thus regulating your sleep pattern and metabolism.
Thus, cumin seeds are a simple and effective ayurvedic remedy for weight loss. Cumin seeds are more potent, and you can take a spoon of roasted or plain cumin seeds every day. Obese or normal, irrespective of your weight, taking cumin seeds regularly have quite a few benefits.
Women can face a number of gynecological issues at various stages of their life. This includes irregular periods, painful periods, infertility, uterine cysts, impotency and frizidity. According to Ayurveda, most of these issues arise from an unhealthy diet and lifestyle that disturbs the balance of doshas. The symptoms exhibited thus depend on which of the three doshas; vata, pitta or kapha is aggravated and which is lowered. This in turn means that to treat these gynecological issues, Ayurvedic doctors attempt to correct the balance of doshas through lifestyle changes and herbal remedies.
- Diet: Women need more energy than men, especially during menstruation. Thus, it is important to eat a healthy, well balanced meal. Avoid processed foods, teas and caffeinated drinks and focus on whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables. Do not skip your meals. The type of fruits and vegetables that should be eaten will also be determined by the dosha that has been aggravated. For example, if the kapha dosha has been aggravated, one must eat light food and favour vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, carrots and garlic.
- Lifestyle: Along with eating the right food, it is also important to eat at the right time. Along with this, you must also get enough sleep, exercise regularly and not be overcome by stress. When it comes to stress management, yoga is very beneficial. It is also important to maintain a healthy weight.
- Herbal Remedies: When it comes to herbal remedies, Ayurveda does not merely treat the symptoms shown, but also strengthens the patient’s overall mental and physical health. These remedies have negligible side effects and are easily available. For example, if you suffer from painful periods, ginger, saffron and licorice root could help relieve the pain. Even more serious gynecological issues such as infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. In such cases the treatment can take many forms. This includes herbal remedies made from Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Guduchi, Triphala etc. and Swedanam to sweat the toxins out of the body. In cases of frigidity, treatment could include remedies made of banyan tree root that has been powdered and milk or milk and powdered Ashwagandha. For the treatment of uterine fibroids, herbal remedies may be prepared from Guggul, Varuna, Aloe Vera or Asoka. These may also be combined together.
Panchakarma treatment can also be very helpful in treating gynecological issues. This involves five different types of treatments based on the patient’s complaint and overall health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Autoimmune hepatitis is a disease of the liver that attacks a person when their immune system turns against their liver cells. This condition leads to a dysfunctional liver, which may cause disorders related to the organ. It is not known as to what causes this disease but specific genes are believed to be the reason behind autoimmune hepatitis. Autoimmune hepatitis manifests in the form of necrosis (death of living cells of the liver), hepatocellular inflammation, and later on also culminates in cirrhosis (scarring of the liver).
A number of women than men are affected by autoimmune hepatitis. The signs and symptoms of autoimmune hepatitis include weakness, weight loss, fever, belly pain, diarrhea, skin rashes, edema, and yellowing of skin or eyes. There is no permanent cure for autoimmune hepatitis and it can be only managed with medicines. There are allopathic medicines to keep the disease under control but they have been found to have side effects. These side effects are not gentle on the body and if one wants to avoid them then Ayurvedic remedies come forward as the ideal option.
- Swedana: A natural detoxification treatment, swedana refers to sweat generation therapy. In this therapy, the patient is made to sit in a closed steam chamber and is warmed with the help of steam that carries the aroma of several Ayurvedic herbs. These herbs induce sweating in the patient, thereby, removing the toxins sitting inside the body. Later, the patient is given a gentle massage to relax the body.
- Apple cider vinegar: This gives relief in the case of autoimmune hepatitis by reducing the ammonia levels in the blood. High ammonia in blood is believed to cause an imbalance in the body and this imbalance disturbs the immune system, causing it to turn against the body.
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum): Milk thistle has properties that strengthen the immunity of the body. It also contains a flavonoid called silymarin that protects the liver from toxins. It has antioxidant properties that keep the liver damage in check and the anti-inflammatory agents that bring relief in swelling.
- Giloy: This is a very potent herb that boosts the immune system of the body by increasing the fighting power of a particular type of white blood cells. It also balances the pH level of the body. It is a natural diuretic and thus, increases secretion of urine, helping to flush out the toxins from the body. Being anti-inflammatory and analgesic in nature, giloy controls swelling and also gives relief from pain.
- Haldi (Turmeric): Turmeric is a natural immunity booster that is known to carry a compound called curcumin. This compound is a cleanser and a purifier. It removes the toxins and impurities from the body and the blood. This relaxes the liver and also restores its normal functions.
Autoimmune hepatitis is a disease that can be managed with Ayurvedic remedies but one also needs to make lifestyle changes to keep body’s immunity in good shape. Abstinence from alcohol, smoking, and spicy foods are beneficial and so is regular exercise and plenty of water intake. These steps automatically increase the immunity of the body and thus, keeps the disease in check. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!