Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Venkatesh Ganga ChedgadhYour feedback matters!
Dear sir I have RD in my one eye from 10 years. I can not see with it. Will defected eye cause any problem to good eye retina in future.
I am 22 year old female, I have vomiting tendency after eating and also I have a feeling of heaviness around my eyes and my head and I have trouble digesting.
I have madras eye. How to stay away from other family members. As I heard it is communicable disease.
Sir I have colourblindness so I can not see red and green but I want become an SI so please tell me treatment for colorblind.
Hello sir, I have Eye redness without considerable pain but cream filling especially in the early morning.
I had an accident on 17th of jan 2016. There were wounds and swelling on my face. Now swelling is reduced to some extend but a part (white) of my right eye is Red from inside please suggest something.
I have a yellowish colour inside my eyes and having a swear pain? So Please tell me what can I do for that.
I had an eye flew. Dr. injected injection in my eye. Afterthat I am not able to see properly. Is there any solution or any treatment for me. Please guide me.
Glaucoma is mainly of three types: Angle Closure /Acute Glaucoma and Open Angle Glaucoma and Secondary Glaucoma.Open Angle Glaucoma is the commonest and mostly occurs after the age of 35 years. 30 percent of eyes have no symptoms. There may be ocular pain, heaviness of eyes, watering, defective vision or defective night vision etc. Glaucoma can be detected by expert Ophthalmologist.
Recording of Intraocular Pressure, Fundus Examination, Automated Field Test and if necessary OCT test has to be done.
Initially the eye pressure is controlled by drugs and when necessary, microsurgical procedure of Trabeculectomy has to be performed. Surgery can cure glaucoma permanently in 95 % of eyes.NEVER TAKE GLAUCOMA LIGHTLY.
Eye surgeries have evolved a long way. Starting from the most basic of eye surgeries, technological advancement has evolved a number of modern eye surgery techniques. LASIK is the latest trend in eye surgery and is the most common type of eye surgery in the modern day.
LASIK or Lasik (laser assisted situ keratomileusis), is a laser eye surgery or laser vision revision. It is a kind of refractive surgery for the rectification of nearsightedness, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The LASIK surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist who utilizes a laser or microkeratome to reshape the eye's cornea with a specific end goal to enhance visual acuity. For most patients, LASIK gives a lasting contrasting option to eyeglasses or contact lenses.
Carrying out a LASIK surgery:
- To begin with, your eye specialist utilizes either a mechanical surgical apparatus called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to make a slender, round "fold" in the cornea.
- The specialist then creases back the pivoted fold to get to the fundamental cornea (called the stroma) and expels some corneal tissue utilizing an excimer laser.
- For partially blind individuals, the objective is to smooth the cornea; with farsighted individuals, a more extreme cornea is fancied.
- Excimer lasers additionally can redress astigmatism by smoothing an unpredictable cornea into a more typical shape. It is a misguided judgment that LASIK can't treat astigmatism.
- Laser eye surgery requires just topical soporific drops, and no wraps or fastens are required.
- After your LASIK surgery is completed, you will be given some rest. You may feel a makeshift smoldering or tingling sensation promptly after the surgery is completed. After some post-surgical examinations, you are ready to go home. Abstain from driving by yourself.
- Immediately after the surgery, you may experience blurred vision or hazy vision. It will subside with a little time.
- You must keep away from any kind of activity that causes strain to the eyes after the surgery. Avoid watching television or reading.
Results of LASIK surgery:
- Laser eye surgery offers various advantages and can significantly enhance your personal satisfaction. A great many people accomplish 20/20 vision or better after the surgery. However, LASIK results do fluctuate from people to people.
- You will have to continue wearing your contact lenses or spectacles. The power will be much less after the surgery.
Side-effects: While this surgery strategy provides effective results, LASIK complications can happen and may incorporate diseases such as night glare, and you may experience starbursts or radiances, especially while driving.
LASIK surgery is one of the most carried eye surgeries nowadays and gives satisfactory results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.