Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Venkata Subba RaoYour feedback matters!
I am 60 years. I suffer from neck pain which is called spondylitis or spondylosis - I don't know which. Can you tell me the difference? can you tell me the best form of treatment. I travel a lot as my job demands it.
I'm 67 years old and I had mild neck pain for few and now since a month it has shifted to both upper arm it's not a continuous pain please advice me.
I dint get proper answer I hav pcod n suffering from weight gain also I tried many things bt m nt losing weight n size of pcos is also increasing as it will create problem in pregnancy.
Sir I am 18 years my bones feel Pain for last 2 months I check from many doctors my I am still in bad condition thank you.
I am 50 years old man, disorder with diabetic, bp and cholesterol for the past 8 years. I have sex premature problem, not able to increase my sexual time and my penny also very small in normal time and expand during sexual time. I am rarely using sex pills for erection. Need advice for treatment.
I am 23 years old boy having problem in stomach. I used to drink a lot and smoke also. Is the health problem causes by the drink? And what is the cure?
Hi my wife age is 25 and she is in 12 weeks pregnant, she has 10.8 only hemoglobin, is this any major issue, if its issue how she can get back to normal level, please advise what type food need to take for this issue.
Specula of my right shoulder is fractured badly due to byke accident two days ego. One Dr. suggested for surgery while other one suggested complete rest no surgery. What should I do? Is there any risk if I take some more days to take decision?
I have problem Scalp psoriasis in my head from last 3years. What patches are visible in periodical basis for 6-7 Days.
I have a problem since my childhood in my liver as it consume gas what ever I eat, as I eat in every 2 hours and take maximum precautions as possible but still it occurs, most of the time my head stays heavy and it makes me very week, since childhood I have taken many medicine but still problem persist, please help.
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
Notwithstanding its frequency of occurrence, there are several ways, by which you can treat a torn meniscus. Some of the ways are:
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Use a bandage: In order to control the swelling, it is important that you cover your knee with an elastic bandage.
- Change the posture: It is important that you keep the affected knee in an elevated plane, in order to ensure an efficient blood supply and a consequent relief from pain.
Some Medical Treatments
There are many things to consider when deciding how to treat your torn meniscus, including the extent and location of the tear, your pain level, your age and activity level, your doctor's preference, and when the injury occurred. Your medical treatment choices are:
- Nonsurgical treatment with compression, elevation, and physical therapy. This may include wearing a temporary shoulder brace.
- Surgical repair to sew the tear together.
- Partial meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the torn section.
- Total meniscectomy, which is surgery to remove the entire meniscus. This is generally avoided, because this option increases the risk for osteoarthritis in the shoulder.
- Whenever possible, meniscus surgery is done using arthroscopy, rather than through a large cut in the shoulder.