Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. VenkatYour feedback matters!
All parents expect their child to start going to school, learn writing and learning and do well in academics. However, children with dyslexia may not be able to progress at school at the same pace as others. The good news is that there are early pointers that can help a parent to identify dyslexia in the early stages. This can be helpful in training and support the child socially to learn and socialise normally. Dyslexia is a disability that affects both spoken and written language. They have a different learning style and when supported and encouraged, instead of mocked and insulted, they can become avid readers. The following are common 10 indicators of developing dyslexia in children, in general, and at school.
10 Behavioural signs to watch for in general:
- The child usually has difficulty concentrating and following instructions
- The child is easily distracted, seems to daydream, and tends to forget words.
- Poor personal organisation skills and is not very good at time keeping.
- May get confused between today, tomorrow, yesterday; east and west; right and left; up and down.
- Has difficulty remembering seasons, months and days.
- Tends to be doing something to avoid work.
- Seems distracted, and ‘daydream,’ does not seem to listen
- Requires a lot of effort focusing on things at hand and is constantly tired.
- Slow pace of processing in terms of spoken or written language
- Often appears withdrawn or lost in his own world.
10 Behaviours to watch for at school:
- Poor standard of writing and written work in comparison with oratory skills.
- Poor handwriting with badly formed letters.
- Confused easily between similar looking letters like m/w, n/u, b/d.
- Usually, messes up work by using close but wrong spellings and rewriting the same
- Mixes up words by using similar-looking words – quiet and quite, tired and tried.
- Same word is spelt differently at different times
- Poor motor skills and pencil grip leading to slow, inaccurate writing
- Produces a lot of phonetic spelling which does not change with repeated corrections
- There is difficulty in blending words together, and struggles a lot when asked to read out loud, can miss out or add words that are familiar in between
- Has difficulty connecting the story that is being written or read
As noted, these children have very inconsistent behaviour with very limited understanding of nonverbal communication. If these symptoms go on increasing as they grow, it is advisable to seek professional help so that support can be provided and the condition can be arrested at the early stages.
I'm 31 years old and when I got to sleep my right hand freezes and have pain in it feels like blood circulation stops. Moreover the finger tips also is to do any work. Please suggest me the treatment.
Sir, my age is 49. When I wake up at morning I regularly find my whole left hand numb. My blood pressure usually remains high so someone suggested that it may be connected to heart problem. Please advice something.
While sleeping I snores and in-between my breathing stopped for like 12 to 20 seconds. I guess it's sleep apnea. Can you tell me of any cure. Besides operative cure.
I am sharing the report of biopsy below. Please let me know what the report says? D2 biopsy comprises of multiple sucosal fragments with maintained crypt to villous ration. There is no increase in intraepithelial lymphocytes. Lamina propria shows moderate chronic inflammatory cell infiltrate. No luminal parasites seen in the sections examined. Impression: Non-specific chronic duodenitis.
The person suffers from headache on a regular basis. Although there is no eyesight issue, nor any migraine issue. Please suggest the solution.
Sometime I trouble with headache it decrease sometime and sometime it decrease I don't understand what I do about problem. Rather it is migraine.
What is meant by mild changes of cerebral atrophy in MRI Brain scan .My dad age is 56 yr.PLease tell.
If you check the recent scientific studies, then you will come to know that PPI drugs are treated as the popular medicines to treat heartburn troubles, but as the side-effect, you will face acute cognitive troubles. Your mental condition might get affected in various ways causing memory or concentration loss, decrease in brain ability and others. Though, these drugs are very safe but only effectively treating heartburn troubles, especially gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How Dementia is related with PPI drugs?
PPI drugs are normally recommended by doctors for treating heartburn issues, but if you are taking these drugs on a continuous basis, then you might face the unwanted signs or symptoms of dementia. This is a hardcore fact, and it has been observed by many reputed researchers of the present age. There are some commonest symptoms that can be observed due to dementia, and some of the prominent ones are as follows:-
- Beta-amyloid production: Beta-amyloid is a kind of protein and the growth of this specific protein increases to a great extent with the consistent intake of PPI drugs. This protein might lead to the increase in varied dementia signs, out of which the most severe kind of situation is Alzheimer's disease. This disease might get converted into dreadful condition at times, and this is the reason a regular or consistent intake of PPI drugs should be essentially avoided. If you are facing this condition, then you should report about the same to your doctor immediately. This protein is very toxic or harmful for the brain as your mental ability is being adversely affected.
- Decrease of vitamin B12: If vitamin B12 decreases day by day, then acute mental disturbances will get invited. If you want to avoid this kind of condition, then nothing can be a better option other than avoiding PPI drugs. This is the only reason that doctors never recommend taking these drugs in an excessive limit. In fact, sometimes, these drugs are prescribed along with other potential medicines that can help in maintaining mental health in good condition. If you have got any family history of mental trouble, then you should reveal the same to your doctor so that strong PPI medicines are not prescribed for gastric troubles. In fact, there are few limitations among PPI drugs that are never to be prescribed by doctors and all the doctors should follow the same in a sincere manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
My right leg is always like senseless. Electric shock kind of a feeling. I have never felt like that. Is this because of exercise? Gym?
I can not understand whom should I concern neurologist, gynecologist, orthologist. My wife has severe problem I searched a lot but I cannot get answer from what she is suffering she is having back ache some time pain in legs joints also pelvic pain in nerves and burning sensation in urinary track heavy periods with heavy bleeding nosia vomiting due to this she has insomnia problem I thought its uti today she told me she is getting constipation with bleeding and pain in nerves. I want answer from indian medical science, its a challenge for indian doctors I shifted to delhi from mumbai now. Do help me out please. I will be very grateful to you.
My son is suffering from cerebellum atrophy from last 4 years I am using anti-epilepsy medicine and present is condition is he is bedridden he can fill pain, hot ,cold i.e skin sense rest all sense are not working. Kindly advice me what I have to do. Really we are troubling a lot. We are ready to give to research center.
Hi Doctor, My mom age is of 44, she have a nervous pain of past 15 years from backbone to left leg , what is the remedy and what kind of food she had to take ? Why it comes ?
I am 30 years old female, married and have one boy. Last one months I have lot shivering, body pain, headache everything. I get tensed without any reason. Always my body get shivered. What is the problem I have?
Insomnia is a mental condition, which is characterized by a difficulty in falling asleep, even when you have the chance to do so. The causes of insomnia include stress, emotional or physical discomfort; environmental factors like noise, light or extreme temperature that interferes with sleep; and depression or anxiety.
The visible symptoms of insomnia are inability to fall asleep no matter what, irritability, depression, lack of concentration and enthusiasm, and distressed stomach and intestine. Complications associated with insomnia can cause psychiatric problems, obesity, increased risk of long-term diseases or conditions like high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
- Secondary insomnia: It stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
- Acute insomnia: It is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
- Primary insomnia: It refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
- Chronic insomnia: Insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Homeopathy is a boon towards treating insomnia.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of homeopathic medicines in curing the several problems associated with insomnia is unquestionable. Plus, targets at providing long-term cure for insomnia instead of just temporary relief. The approach that homeopathy adopts includes getting at the root cause of the problem, and weeding it out so that there's never a relapse of your condition.
- Safety: Homeopathic medication are far safer therefore, it is preferable and highly recommended. It serves invaluably during insomnia and does not involve any side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
A migraine is something, which can really make a person’s day go from bad to worse. However, while popping an aspirin may be the age old solution for solving such a literally mind numbing issue, it really does not mean that this is the best solution. Theoretically, the best solution to a migraine should come naturally to the person, who is unfortunately the victim of a migraine.
It is more than a headache
When a person has a migraine, he or she is likely to know that this is the case due to a pulsating sensation behind the eye. In addition to this, there are quite a few other symptoms which include pain on one side of the head, nausea and a sensitiveness to light in its various forms.
Natural treatments for migraine
There are a range of possible natural solutions a person can make use of to get rid of migraine hits.
- One of these solutions is quite simple, even if it sounds a little odd! Take a few cabbage leaves, crush them and using a soft cloth, apply the paste on the forehead of the person who is having a migraine attack.
- While a person who is down with migraine may feel that life has given him or her lemons, he or she should really not despair. This is because these lemons can be made use of, as well, in order to make the ill effects of the migraine go away. To do this, take five lemons, peel them, grind them well and then add a little bit of water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the patient’s forehead.
- Apart from using remedies to cure migraine, there are a few other things which are needed to be done in order to get up and running as soon as possible. One of these things is to get enough rest. Taking into account the fact that a migraine has the potential to severely hinder the prospect of a person functioning normally, for a person to push himself or herself against the intense migraine discomfort so as to fulfil his or her responsibilities will not only result in substandard work, but will also make the situation worse.
- Hot and cold compress can also go some way in improving a person’s migraine problem.
- All beverages apart from water and tea should be avoided. Water hydrates and is essential while tea is diuretic.
If you follow these natural remedies, you will successfully be able to treat your migraine issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.
I want 2 know hw 2 keep my anger n depression in control as I can't change my present circumstances. My husband served me a notice of divorce after 12 years of marriage when I was staying with him. I ws forced 2 leave d house wth my son n since then I am living in a rented accommodation. I become angry n get headache which lasts for a. Couple of days, insomnia when I see him in court as we r litigating. I am unable 2 forgive him for hw he has got rid of me n my son. He doesn't want 2 pay a penny n is harassing me n my son. I want 2 keep my cool n fight d cases with him. My problem. Is that I keep ruminating about hw he Conspired against me. Tell me how can I manage 2 keep my my cool without giving too much thought 2 his misdeeds n behaviour in court. I hv understood that this marriage ws a fraud 2 extort money frm me n now he is not interested in his family. I try 2 meditate but feel my head heavy n am unable 2 focus well.
A migraine is basically a primary headache disorder. It is very common. The most unfortunate part is, it is undertreated and mistreated. How to know whether it is a migraine or some other headache disorder. Migraine patient usually has a headache which is mostly on one side sometimes bilateral in front of the head. It is throbbing headache i. E-patient feels his head will burst if not treated. Patients usually have a feeling of vomitings during the episode. The episode may last from 4hrs to 72 hrs. A migraine headache mainly gets increased on exposure to sunlight and noise. Patients usually get a headache when they are fasting or travelling or any other stress. A migraine usually affects the young people. It runs in families. Migraine headaches initially are very infrequent i. E patients have symptoms once or twice a year. Slowly the frequency increases. And in the end, the patient starts having a daily headache which is very annoying and difficult to treat.