Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Venkat
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. VenkatYour feedback matters!
I get frequent headaches. Have had this problem since childhood. It feels like a migraine. It used to be that overnight sleep would fix it. But these days it last multiple days. What can be the causes and possible solutions.
The term neurovascular disease refers to any kind of abnormality that can be observed in the blood vessels or in the blood supply to the spine or brain. The narrowing or shrinking of the arteries due to the plaque buildup also falls under this particular disease, which intervenes the normal blood flow to the brains, and makes the risk of stroke a more prominent one. If not treated at the right time in the right way, neurovascular diseases can not only cause disabilities in the adults, but may also be fatal.
Below are some of the common types of neurovascular diseases.
- Aneurysms: Aneurysms are a particular type of neurovascular disease where a vascular lesion or a balloon shaped abnormality manifests in the artery walls due to the walls' weakness or swelling. Vomiting, nausea and sudden headache of a severe kind are a few common symptoms of it.
- Arteriovenous malformation: When a defect is formed in the circulatory system which reduces the oxygen supply to the spinal cord and the brain, AVM or arteriovenous malformation occurs. While severe pain in the back is the main symptom of arteriovenous malformation in the spinal, headaches and seizures are common symptoms of the malformation in the brain.
- Arteriovenous fistulas: AVF or arteriovenous fistulas are nothing but some unnatural passageways in the vein and the arteries, encompassing the spinal cord and the brain. Here, the blood flows directly into a vein from the arteries through the fistulas, which gives rise to the blood bypassing the capillaries continuously.
- Carotid artery stenosis: When the carotid arteries, situated on the both sides of the neck and leads to the brain, starts to become narrower due to the plaque formation or the compositions of fatty deposits, the normal blood flow gets interrupted severely. Sometimes, mini-strokes or transient ischemic attacks are its first signs.
- Moyamoya disease: It’s comparatively a very rare condition where some blood vessels in the brains close due to blood clots. Some of its early warning signs are speech problems, weakness, limp paralysis and headaches.
- Cavernous malformation: Cavernous malformation refers to a neurovascular disease where not only the malformation occurs in the blood vessels, but they bleed too. Blood leaking from the affected blood vessels makes signs like seizures, vision loss or difficulties in swallowing, visible.
- Stroke: A stroke is a neurological event that happens all of a sudden, without any warning. As a result of it, often a new onset of different neurological symptoms becomes visible. Hemorrhagic stroke, transient ischemic attack, and cerebral infarction or ischemic stroke are three common types of strokes.
Neurovascular diseases are one of the main illness conditions that affect a considerable number of the population worldwide. Therefore, having a proper idea about the types and consulting with a doctor in case one suspects having any of the neurovascular diseases, is of crucial importance for leading a safe and healthy life.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
RISK FACTORS OF DEMENTIA
Dementia usually affects older people. While it is possible to develop dementia early in life, the chances of doing so increase dramatically with age. One in 50 people between the ages of 65 and 70 have a form of dementia, compared to one in five people over the age of 80.
Mind your head There is no fail-safe way to prevent dementia, no magic medicines or vitamins that do this, but there is now good evidence that a healthy lifestyle and diet could reduce your risk.
Causes of Alzheimer’s diseaseIt is unlikely that there is a single cause of Alzheimer's disease. Researchers believe that many factors, including age, genetic background and lifestyle, work together and lead to the onset of the disease. Information sheet Am I at risk of developing Alzheimer's disease? Information sheet Aluminium and Alzheimer's disease.
Learning disabilities and dementia The prevalence of dementia in people with other forms of learning disability is also higher than in the general population. People with Down’s syndrome are at particular risk of developing dementia.Information sheet Learning disabilities and dementia
I am a 18 years old guy. Whenever I sit cross legged, I'm experiencing numbness in my legs due to obstruction of blood flow. What might be the reason and suggest me some remedies to prevent it from happening.
Namaskara, mein aaj aapko napunsakta yani ki sexual disorder ke bare mein kuch desi nuskhe bataoo ga, agar aap usko din pratidin sevan karege toh aapko iss bimari mein labh milega. 40 pyaaz lijiye desi pyaaz matlab chote-chote pyaaz lijiye, us 40 pyaaz ko aap gond lijiye jaise murabba ka aachar banta hai ,murabba ko amale ko aap katate hai aise usko gond lijiye aur usko ek shahad mein dal dijiye 40 pyaaz, aur 40 din tak usko aise dale rakhiye. 40 din baad roz 1 aap pyaaz ka sevan roz subah ke samay karege to vishwas maniye 40 din ke baad aapki jitni sexual weakness lag rahi hai chahe wo pre mature ho, chahe sexual dysfunction ho, usse aap nizad pa jaogye.
Ismein aur ek aap tarika kar sakte hai, aapne imli ke beej dekhe honge, imli ke khaneke baad jo beej nikalte hai uss beej ko aap dohke uske chilke nikal ke 100 gms beej lijiye, usko kuut lijiye, usko churan bana dijiye, usme aur purane se purana gud mil jaye toh woh achcha hoga jitna purana gud hoga uske liye bahut achcha hoga. Jitney aapne imli ke beej liye hai 100 gms usse dugni matra mein purana gud lijiye dono ko aapas mein milaiye, ek choti-choti kache ke saman goliyan bana dijiye aur roz ek goli khaiye subh ke samay aur ek shaam ke samay. 30 din ke bhitar aapko apne virya gada milega apki oligospermia banana mein dikkat hai woh theek hogi, aapko body weakness lag rahi hai, kamjori lag rahi hai, sexual weakness lag rahi hai, ichcha nahi ho rahi hai unn sab cheejo mein aapko labh milega. Aur iske liye aapko koi bhi jaankari leni ho, kuch puchna ho toh mere clinic mein phone kar sakte hai, Urja Ayurvedic Clinic mein. Namaskar.
Sir my name is sumit sahgal. My mother has been migraine for two year. I checkup very doctor. But no good result. What am I?
A tumor is an uncontrolled and abnormal growth of cells. A brain tumor is thus an abnormal growth and multiplication of cells in the brain. The cell growth can also be in areas adjacent to the brain. The brain tumor may
- Have its origin in the brain (Primary brain tumor), or
- Its origin may be in some other parts or organs of the body, which gradually spreads to the brain (Secondary/metastatic brain tumor).
Not all brain tumors are harmful and life threatening.
Brain tumors that exist as noncancerous cell growths are known as Benign brain tumors. Benign brain tumors seldom pose any threat to life.
Brain tumors that are cancerous and, thus, harmful, are known as Malignant brain tumors.
Do not neglect any brain tumors (malignant or not). It is better to be safe than to be sorry.
Types of Primary brain tumors:
Based on its cell of origin, primary brain tumors (benign as well as malignant) may be of the following types:
- Meningiomas: Brain tumors that originate from the meninges (the membranes that cover the brain and the spinal cord). Meningiomas are seldom malignant.
- Acoustic Neuromas: A noncancerous cell growth that has its origin in the vestibulocochlear nerve (the eighth cranial nerve). This nerve connects the brain with the inner ear.
- Gliomas: Here, the tumor has its origin in the brain and the spinal cord (glial cells). This type of brain tumors, in most cases (~80%), are malignant.
- Primitive Neuroectodermal Tumors (PNETs): Extremely rare, PNETs are malignant tumors that develop in the embryonic cells in the brain.
- Medulloblastomas: Medulloblastomas is a malignant brain tumor that mostly affects children. It originates in the cerebellum (lower part of the brain).
- Craniopharyngiomas: A benign brain tumor that has its origin near the pituitary gland (base of the brain). Craniopharyngiomas are common in children.
Probability of a secondary brain tumor are more in people who have had;
The symptoms of brain tumor include:
- Chronic and regular headaches.
- A change in the headache pattern.
- A person may experience vision problems (Peripheral vision may be affected, double or blurred vision).
- There may be difficulty in hearing.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Behavioral and speech problems.
- An arm or a leg may lose sensation.
- A person has difficulty with balance.
Diagnosis and Treatment:
Though brain tumor can affect anyone and everyone, its chances are higher in
- People who are more exposed to ionizing radiation. People having undergone a radiation therapy are equally vulnerable.
- Children as well as older people.
- People having a family history of brain tumors.
The diagnosis includes;
- An imaging test like the MRI, CT scan and PET (Positron Emission Tomography).
- Biopsy, whereby samples of the abnormal tissue is collected and examined.
- Neurological examination.
- Surgery is an effective treatment for brain tumors.
One can also opt for:
- Radiations, whereby the abnormal tumor cells are destroyed using protons and x-rays (high-energy beams).
- Chemotherapy: In this treatment, the tumor cells are destroyed using strong drugs (taken orally or intravenously).
- Targeted drug therapy: This treatment blocks the abnormalities that are characteristically present only in the cancer cells.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!