Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Veeresham
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VeereshamYour feedback matters!
Sir I am diabetic and 35 years old. My nasal drainage for fungal culture shows aspergillus species. I have took medicine voraze 200 8 tablet and now I am taking several 200 twice daily for six days that is ketoconazole. Now I am having fever 99.9 and I want to know my infection is aspergillosis or something else. I have also done nose endoscopy and it shows aspergillosis in pns. But I am not getting well. What will be the reason.
Sir Mujhe 3,4 days se aankho me andhera aara hai. Aur gale me bhi Jalan mehsus hoti hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise kuch gale me atka hai. Maine medicine liya tha but Aram hua tha. Ab Fir se problem start hogye hai. please help me out.
I suffer from sore throat followed by head heaviness quite often. ENT doc has detected nasal turbinate hypertrophy and deviated septum and suggested coblation turbinate reduction procedure. Can this problem cause throat issues and is such procedure effective. Kindly advice.
I am 35 male suffering from snoring problem at night specially in winter. I noticed that I have a polyp on my right nose. I want a homeopathy solution over the matter.
Hi, I am having allergy rhinitis. Sneezing starts in the morning after waking up. Eyes becomes watery. Please suggest some homeopathy medicine for this and how to build immunity over the period.
Throat cancer is a broad term used to cover cancer across a number of organs in the oronasal passage – right from the nasopharynx, oropharynx, glottis, epiglottis to supraglottis. Minus the medical terms, it means anywhere from the back of the nose and throat to the where the neck ends. The mucous cells along this path can undergo changes and begin multiplying rapidly, leading to cancer. The following are some additional risk factors:
- Cigarette smoking
- Tobacco abuse
- History of human papilloma virus (HPV)
- Alcohol abuse
- Poor dental hygiene
- Family history
Cigarette smoking is the most important of all, and a person can significantly reduce the risk by cutting down smoking. The throat has different types of linings and gland tissue, and depending on the cell type affected, the type of cancer could vary.
Symptoms: Throat cancer diagnosis can get delayed as the symptoms are very similar to a throat infection.
- Sore throat: A sore throat that lasts for weeks together is often a cause for concern and requires ruling out underlying serious problem. Having associated risk factors is a good way to see if ruling out cancer is needed.
- Cough: A cough that does not go away is a cause for concern. This is often associated with other symptoms mentioned here.
- Voice change: Usually hoarseness of the voice, which is painless and not accompanied by a throat infection, is an indication of throat cancer.
- Difficulty swallowing or breathing: Depending on where the cancer is located, there could be problems in either free breathing or swallowing. The developing mass gets in the way of free air and/or food movement.
- Lumpy feeling in the throat: If the developing mass is along the length of the throat, then there could be a lumpy feeling, as if something is caught in the throat and not going down.
- Bleeding: There could be bleeding either through the nose or the mouth, depending on the place of the cancer. Again, this is one of the late symptoms and not seen in the beginning.
- Unexplained weight loss: As with any cancer, throat cancer also leads to unexplained weight loss.
Depending on the area affected, the symptoms can point to the location. For instance, voice changes are often associated with laryngeal cancer. A combination of risk factor assessment and symptoms will help in pinning down the diagnosis. Reach out to the doctor as soon as you notice something is wrong, as early diagnosis is very good for timely intervention and improving prognosis. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!