Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. VeereshamYour feedback matters!
Hello, my wife is facing trouble in throat when she drinks cold drink and even cold weather. Some ulcer occurs in her throat and mouth and itching in the ears. Please suggest.
I snore a lot. With mouth open. After waking up from sleep my throat gets dry. The sound of snoring is also different.
I have swelling inside my nose. My nose stays blocked most of the time. During any physical exercise I feel alright but while sitting idle for some time it gets blocked again. What do I do?
I have sneezing problem and running nose too from 2 -3 months. Is I am suffering from snowfelia. please suggest me any solution.
Why do we get our ears closed and weird feel in when we are travelling in a vehicle in cold temperatures.
I am having a sweet like taste below my throat nd above my chest area closer to throat from many days. When I eat something bitter for 1 or 2 days it goes away automatically but then comes back on eating something sweet. Help me plz.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head.
I have a swollen tonsil. I feel something like a lump in the left side of the roof of the mouth about twice in a month now. I consulted 2 doctors one of them wanted to observe my condition and the other said I have tonsillitis. I am suspecting throat cancer. What should I do?
Our ears are small in size, but ‘big’ in the work they do. Not only do they help us hear, but also help us maintain our body’s balance. They thus help us stand, walk, drive…you just name it.
Ears are also much bigger in size than they actually are. The part of the ear that we see on our head is only the external ear, there is a middle ear and an inner ear too, silently carrying out complex functions related to hearing and balance. The middle ear that lies behind your ear drum is the seat of balance. And this part is hit hard at the time of an ear infection.
Ear infections cause the Eustachian tubes – small tubes that connect the middle ear to the back of your throat – to become swollen and blocked due to excess mucus. As a result of this, fluid builds up and inflammation takes root in the middle ear, thereby causing pain.
Ear infections can be acute or chronic. Acute infections clear up in a few days, but chronic ones reoccur frequently. If not managed, chronic ear infections can cause permanent damage to the middle and inner ear.
Causes of Eustachian tube blockage are as follows:
- Sinus infection
- Extreme production of mucus
- Infected adenoid, which is a tissue near your tonsils that traps harmful bacteria and viruses
There are a few risk factors associated with ear infections. It can be said that young children are more susceptible to these infections. This is because their Eustachian tubes are short and narrow. It has also been seen that infants who are bottle-fed have a higher incidence of ear infections than breastfed babies.
Other risk factors are:
- Changes in altitude
- Changes in climate
- Exposure to tobacco smoke
- Use of pacifiers
Symptoms of ear infections:
- Pain or discomfort inside the ear
- A prolonged feeling of pressure inside the ear
- Pus-like ear drainage
- Hearing loss
What is also important to know is that the symptoms of an ear infection come and go.
Symptoms can also occur in one or both ears. Chronic ear infection symptoms can be less noticeable than those of acute ear infections.
Hence, fever and ear ache should spur you to consult a doctor. You should be extremely careful with babies younger than six months who have fever or ear infection symptoms.
Your doctor will diagnose an ear infection by checking if there is a draining of fluid from the middle ear, perforation in the eardrum or a collapsed eardrum.
Sometimes, ear infections can lead to the following serious complications:
- Hearing loss
- Speech or language delay in children
- An infection in a skull bone called mastoiditis
- Ruptured ear drum