Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. VasudhaYour feedback matters!
I am depressed all the time since I shifted to new city. I don't know why but I feel uncomfortable every day.
Hello I am facing a problem these days whenever I want to study. I think I'm tired and it looks like to go and sleep for 1 hour or more. I cannot concentrate on my studies so please help me to sought out from this problem. I'm sleeping daily for 7-8 hours and eating at correct time. But no changes.
Early in the morning I will wake up. And my brain starts thinking about previous day. I get depressed at that time.
7 dangerous things that smoking does to your skin
Most people think that having a smoking habit adversely affects only the lungs and the heart. But apart from known links to lung cancer and heart disorders, smoking also causes skin damage. The intensity of damage is directly proportional to the number of cigarettes one smokes in a day and the number of years one has been smoking for.
Here are 7 of the horrible things that smoking does to your skin
1. Premature ageing: the process of skin ageing is accelerated by a smoking habit. The chemicals that are ingested through the smoke cause your skin to age much faster, making it look loose, dull and coarse, with uneven colouring. Most smokers have a muted orange or grey tinge to their complexions.
2. Wrinkles and lines: the nicotine from smoke constricts blood vessels in the outer layers of the skin, thereby cutting off the supply of oxygen and nutrients. This causes the skin to develop visible fine lines and wrinkles at a faster rate.
3. Scarring and pigmentation: since blood is not flowing properly to the outer layers of the skin, it is more susceptible to broken capillaries and veins, which can cause dark scarring and pigmentation on the face and other areas.
4. Darkening of the lips: constant exposure to heat from smoking causes stark darkening and pigmentation in the lips, which also become dry and coarse.
5. Delayed wound healing: the presence of nicotine, tar and other chemicals in the blood causes cuts and wounds on the skin to heal at a much slower pace with an increased risk of infection, blood clot formation and death of skin tissue.
6. Increased risk of skin disease: smoking makes the skin prone to various diseases and conditions like psoriasis, which happen as nicotine adversely affects the body's immune system.
7. High chances of skin cancer: skin cancer and oral cancer are the two lesser known variants of the diseases that can be caused by smoking. Skin cancer is far more common among smokers than among non-smokers.
The harmful effects of smoking on the skin are not entirely discernible until after 10 years of prolonged smoking. Fortunately, your skin starts to heal itself when you kick the habit.
Related Tip: E-cigarettes : Good Or Bad?
I am feeling very disturbed and depressed coz my marriage s nt getting settled n daily process of marriage making n all s disturbing me I feel like hell when my parents present me before anyone and all sorts of process how to handle it I want to run away. Many times cry I feel lke not to marry anyone.
Every time someone lights a cigarette in front of me I start coughing uncontrollably and when I lie down to sleep the cough increases even more. It's there a medicine I should take or just avoid the smoke.
I lost my gf last year. And I am in depression last 3 months. What should I do for getting rid of it?
I am very shy person by nature. Even shy to talk with parents and siblings. Unable to talk with people n friends due to shyness. Please suggest good medicine to get rid of shyness.
Good morning sir, I am tech graduate still I am not able to take my professional as well as personal life decision by my own. I always need help or suggestions from someone. Please help me to overcome this problem.
My son is good with his studies but he is not focused. He cannot concentrate. He was interested in certain curricular activities like skatind, drawing, painting etc. I made him join but he did skating for 6 months and left saying that he could not win the race which the instructor use to organize in the end of the class and his frnd use to win. He is creative and good wild drawing but he got disinterested after sometime as he found it monotonous. Now he wants to join karate. please help as to how do I deal with him. What is it that can be done to increase his focus? He is 6 years old.
I'm 30 years old I want to stop sleeping pills sunidra how can you help. I also take anti depressant.
Hi I have a problem in remembering what I have studied can you please suggest me a ways nd diet to keep my brain healthy thanks in advance.
Hi, My father's behavior is not normal. He keeps on visiting like tantriks and says he has an impact of some negative energy because he feels tired and low energetic all day. He is loosing weight day by day and say that negative energy is responsible for it. Instead of consulting a doctor, he keeps on visiting tantriks and tantriks also say he has an impact of negative energy, he doesn't even want to consult a doctor and say he is medically fit but negative energies harm him. What to do? please suggest me.
My friend quit smoking after a long period, after how long he will be complete NON SMOKER & what should be the diet to clear the tar in his body. He is of my age only & same physical structure.
If you are developing tolerance -the same amount of substance is not able to produce the kick and you are using more amounts of substance. For eg starting with 1 peg of alcohol and reach to a full bottle.
Withdrawal - stopping the drug causes a discomfort in the body which will be reduced by taking the drug. For eg shaking off hand and not able to shortstop on stopping alcohol
Continuing the use in spite of harm to health or social or family problems. Eg having liver problem and taking alcohol. Accident after drunken driving and taking alcohol.