Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Submit a review for Dr. Vasu PradaYour feedback matters!
I am 36 year old male. I lost my father a month ago and undergoing some kind of depression. I really don't want to call it depression but somehow I am feeling very low at times. I also have this gastric problem due to which I get some pain in the chest and also burning in food pipe. Can you help me with solution to both the problems?
I have ADD and suffering very much I can not study when I wanted to what to do? Those medicines really make me tired and I stopped.
I just turned 20, I always feel low do not feel like doing anything I just lay in my room all day thinking of sad things of past and things that might happen in future and cry all day I do not feel like sharing with 3 friends I have but I need to know whats happening I have been under prescription before but I have stopped taking my tablets I really want get away from the stress
My wife and mother often quarrel and then I am stuck between them. What should I do to improve such kind of situations?
Me and my girlfriend engage in oral sex often. Is oral sex good, Both in health and relationship way of concern.
I have fear of loosing things. I double check everything while leaving. I do not remember where I kept the things. I have become too doubtful of people around me. Its a nightmare when I have to leave the bank locker room, as I am never sure I have locked the locker door properly, I come again and again to recheck it, same thing happens when I leave the house for more than a day or I am the person who is locking the main door, I check again and again.
Although there is no single reason why someone may have suicidal tendencies, certain things can increase the risk. An individual is more likely to have suicidal thoughts if he has a mental health condition like depression, bipolar disorder or schizophrenia. The vulnerability also increases in cases of alcoholism, drug abuse or poor job security. It may not be possible to prevent suicidal thoughts, but keeping one's mind healthy with regular exercise, healthy eating and maintaining friendships can help one deal better with stress.
It can be very upsetting, when someone says things which sound as if the person is considering suicide. One may not be sure what to do to help, as to whether one should take talk of suicide seriously or if intervention might make the situation worse. Taking action is always the best choice. One of the best things one can do if someone is feeling suicidal is to encourage them to talk about their feelings and to listen to what they say. One can provide the best help by listening and not being judgemental. If the person has been diagnosed with a mental health condition like depression, one can take advice from his care team.
One should avoid offering solutions. While listening, do not give in to the temptation of providing a solution. One should ask open ended questions so that the person remains in control and expresses his feelings. On the contrary, it will offer an opportunity to talk about feelings, which may reduce the risk of acting on suicidal feelings. Ensure that the person is not left on his own, if there is immediate danger. One cannot always tell when a loved one or friend is considering suicide, so one must be on the lookout for warning signs. The warning signs could be talking about suicide, buying or stocking pills, withdrawing from social life, increase in alcohol or drugs, personality changes like severely agitated and saying goodbye to people as if seeing them for the last time. It is also important that one does not make judgements about how a person is thinking or behaving.
After listening to their feelings, one may feel that certain aspects of their thinking and behaviour are making their problems worse. But pointing this out will not be particularly helpful to them. Reassurance, respect and support will only help someone during these difficult periods. As a final note, one must realise that talking to someone about their feelings is not long lasting and can help them feel safe and secure temporarily. A professional help can provide the long-term support to help someone overcome their suicidal tendencies. That will the person to deal with the primary issues behind someone's suicidal thoughts, besides offering advice and support. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
I am 21 years old. Recently from 1 month, when I smoke a cigarette there is etching and little small type swelling on face. And after 2-3 hours its vanishes. What it implies doctor?
I get tired after the class and college I am stressed because of this. What should I do for relaxation and study well. I also can't remember the answer of the questions. please help me.
Sir I am 19 year old boy. I love a girl. She is a engg student I also engg student but she engaged some one other I tried to forgot but can't bcoz I love her so much I can not concentrate in my study and I remember her many time I have ill to know about this condition not eat food so please suggest me what I do in this situation please.
I had a boyfriend and we are loving each other but unfortunately we couldn' t married each other due to some family problems and all, but it has been 1 year of my marriage and I am unable to forget my first love and same for that person he is also not able to forget me. We tried but couldn't. What should I do?
We are all emotional beings and often have our good and bad days. However, we are all wired differently, making our minds work in unique ways. Reasons that make a person feel low are different for different people; what may be depressing for one person may not be depressing for the other. The degree of sadness can also vary from person to person.
Depression, with a feeling of complete hopelessness and despair, is a mood disorder that is becoming increasingly common. Women are more likely to be diagnosed with depression than men. Depressed people describe life as impending doom (a feeling that something terrible is about to happen). They are often consumed with the feeling of living in a black hole not knowing what the future holds, and feelings of lifelessness, emptiness, anger, and restlessness.
Some of the telltale signs of depression are listed below:
- Feeling of hopelessness and helplessness
- Lack of concentration
- Easily irritated, bothered, or angered
- Inability to control negative thoughts
- Losing interest in activities that you once enjoyed
- Reckless behaviour, which was not noticed earlier
- Change in sleeping and eating patterns
- Difficulty in performing tasks that you once accomplished easily
- Worsening alcohol and cigarette consumption
Here are some of the reasons why people feel depressed:
- Problems in marriage or relationships
- Financial issues
- Chronic health issues
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Recent life events that were stressful
- Lack of social support
- Loneliness and isolation
- Early childhood trauma or abuse
- Managing depression
Accepting that you are depressed is a big step, which helps in managing it better.
- Speak out: The most important thing is to find a person whom you can confide in. A trained person or a good confidante can help you by just listening to you.In most cases, depression can be managed by seeing a qualified counsellor. Medications may also be useful in some cases.
- Sweat it out: While it may sound very tiring, exercising for even 15 minutes can bring relief. The more you exercise, the better you are bound to feel. Exercise also releases mood-enhancing chemicals that beat depression.
- Eat right: Foods with omega-3 fatty acids can help improve one’s mood while foods with sugar and refined carbs can have a negative impact on one’s mood. Change your diet to include mood elevating foods. Binging on junk food is common among depressed people, leading to weight gain and other complications.
So, while you may feel like you are in a black hole, there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel.
I am a smoker, how to avoid smoke while going to shit, someone help me with the tips? Or help me how to quit smoking?
Thank, I will surely consult you. Please suggest me of how I should change my Indecisive mind Decreased concentration Ideas of guilt Pessimistic view about future. Do I need to take medicines to get these out of my mind. I want to think freely. It shouldn't matter to me who is thinking what. What I am doing is what makes me happy. Please advise.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.