Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vasu Prada
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Submit a review for Dr. Vasu PradaYour feedback matters!
I lost somebody close last year and since them feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Can Bipolar Affective Disorder be cured? Or is it a lifelong illness? Will I have to take medicines forever? I often experience apparent auditory, visionary and sensory hallucinations after my breakup with my ex girlfriend; so please suggest the required treatment.
Good Morning sir/ma'am, Actually I learn things slowly . please suggest me ways how can I make my brain sharper?
I can't sleep at night. Only inthe morning can take light sleep for an hour. I make lists of work and plan the activities to be done but cannot implement on it after repeated try or hardly can implement one of them. Before three months at one night I cannot able to breathe and very troubled. So many tensions are in mind. Continually thinking about it. My wife is not with me. I pursued to her but she is not listening. I am missing my little son of one year because of her behaviour. My boss not giving me salary of fice months. Thinking to do some what better, Plan it but cannot implement it. Cannot sleep at night. I want very cool sleep at night so that I can wake up next day with huge power to implement my works that I hv planned. Please suggest suitable remedies or medicines to overcome the problem.
It’s not only a sign of old age and dementia that we start forgetting things. It can happen to a person of any age, background, or health condition. There are children who, at times, have difficulty concentrating. On the other hand, there are people who forget some things on a daily basis, like their keys, wallet, cell phone, appointments, and many other things. Well, we believe that everything and everyone can be helped with a good diet. Here are 10 super foods that can help boost your memory and concentration.
Whether you choose to have black tea, green tea, or ordinary one, research has found all of them to be good for your brain. However, out of the above, green tea can be your best mate if you are looking for some quick results along with other benefits, like lowering LDL cholesterol, reduced risk of cancer, anti-aging, etc.
2. Green Leafy Vegetables
Vegetables like spinach, watercress, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli are amongst the best foods you can consume to boost your memory. These green leafy vegetables are rich in essential nutrients and minerals, including calcium, potassium, iron, and vitamins C, E, K, and B complex.
Nuts are a rich source of vitamins E and B6 along with omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. These are also considered great antioxidants and have high nutritive value. Nuts are heart-friendly and also help boost your memory. You can include nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashews, Brazil nuts, etc. in your diet.
4. Whole Grains
Whole grain foods like whole pasta, oatmeal, and brown rice can be part of your regular meals as these are rich in glucose. These foods can also ward off the risk of diseases like diabetes, cancer, stroke, etc.
Believe it or not, caffeine is one of the foods that helps boost your memory and improves your concentration. It is found in energy drinks, chocolates, coffee, tea, and certain medications. It makes you energetic, too! Out of the above, coffee is considered best as moderate long-term use also reduces risk of diseases like Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and diabetes.
7. Citrus Fruits
Citrus fruits like avocado, oranges, grapefruits, lemons, etc. fortify your body’s self-defense mechanism and boost your memory. These are also rich in vitamin C and other essential nutrients.
Fish is one of the super foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids. If you do not prefer eating fish, you can also stick to fish oil capsules. Fish like herring, sardines, and salmon can boost up your memory function and concentration power. These are also considered great for patients suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s.
Berries are one of the richest sources of flavonoids – the antioxidant that improves memory recollection. Stick to blueberries and give your brain some great power to memorize and recall.
10. Dark Chocolate
Good news for chocolate lovers; one more reason to have an extra bar! Dark chocolates are rich in antioxidants called flavonols that can help enhance cognitive function. Dark chocolates are also capable of increasing alertness and memory function.
Include these super foods in your regular diet and see the difference in your memory and concentration!
Schizophrenia affects over 1% of the world’s population and affects the way a person thinks, feels and behaves. In most cases, it is diagnosed when a person is between the ages of 16 to 25. This condition can be hereditary and is said to affect men more often than women. Schizophrenia is characterized by an inability to distinguish between real and imaginary which can lead to delusions, social withdrawal, hallucinations and other forms of social and occupational dysfunction.
Schizophrenia affects different people in different ways. On the basis of the type of symptoms exhibited, this disease has been categorized into 5 sub types. These are:
- Paranoid schizophrenia: This type of schizophrenia is characterized by delusions and hallucinations that may make the person exhibit paranoid behaviour. These people often feel like they are being watched or followed and may have delusions of grandeur. They may also get angry quickly on minor issues and show signs of anxiety and hostility.
- Disorganized schizophrenia: In such cases, the person may behave in ways that are difficult to understand or speak in broken sentences and have difficulty structuring a sentence. They may also display inappropriate behaviour and react in ways not suitable to the occasion. People suffering from disorganized schizophrenia may also neglect their personal hygiene.
- Catatonic schizophrenia: People suffering from catatonic schizophrenia may swing between immobility and periods of rapid movement. They may stay quiet for hours or talk rapidly repeating everything they hear. These people have a high risk of harming themselves as they are usually unable to look after themselves and complete daily activities.
- Undifferentiated schizophrenia: People suffering from this type of schizophrenia exhibit behaviour that fits into more than one type of schizophrenia. From time to time they may have hallucinations, suffer from delusions or display catatonic behaviour and disorganized behaviour or speech.
- Residual schizophrenia: Even though a person may not be currently showcasing any signs of schizophrenia, they are said to have residual schizophrenia. Such people need to have had at least one schizophrenic episode. These people may exhibit symptoms later or be in complete remission.
With schizophrenia, an early diagnosis can make treatment easier and hence if you notice anyone exhibiting signs of schizophrenia, you must advise them to seek medical help immediately. Schizophrenia cannot be cured but it can be managed with a combination of typical or atypical medication and cognitive therapy. The latter can be in the form of self-help groups, housing and employment programs, counselling and therapy.