Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varms S.Pericherla
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Varms S.PericherlaYour feedback matters!
my one side face in a dark black spot for 7 year somthing please suggest me and solved my problem thanks
I am 31 year male and I have white spots on forearm since 2-3 years. I have tried lots of medicine but nothing is working. What should I do?
I am 27 years old my skin colour is dark. And my face have small small white patches. I tried many creme and treatments but which time when I use creme the skin is ok and if I lam not using creme again white patches showing. Pls suggest how to remove white patch and how to get fair colour.
I have combination skin type uneven skin tone and dark circles n fine lines which face wash, moisturizer n sunscreen I have to use n which type of regime is correct for this combination skin.
Do you get embarrassed while you pout for a quick selfie? Well, dried and chapped lips may spoil your entire look. Your photogenic appearance may also get ruined due to the bad health of your lips. Your personality gets a booster dose when your pout is perfect and beautiful. Lips are essential for your perfect sexual life too.
Lips are devoid of oil glands, unlike the other portions of your face or skin. Thus, they tend to dry up soon. There can be a number of reasons behind dried lips. Blame it on the weather or any disease; your lips are more prone to ill-health and dullness. You need to be extra careful about the moisture retention in the lips.
Here are some of the most common reasons for bad lips:
- Heredity: Most of the times, you will have to blame your genes for dry and pigmented lips. These cannot be treated with cosmetics.
- Pregnancy: Hormonal changes and imbalance during pregnancy lead to dark patches on the face, especially on the lips, nose tips, cheek and forehead. This is commonly termed as the mask of pregnancy. The problem ends as soon as pregnancy is complete.
- Dehydration: Lips get dull and cracked as you forget to consume the right amount of water throughout the day. Dehydration not just affects your skin, but adversely impacts the lips too.
- Smoking: Researchers believe that smoking leads to darkening of the lips. It also leads to discolouration of the teeth.
- Poor diet: Food deficient in essential vitamins and minerals leads to dryness and dullness of the lips. Deficiency of vitamin E and C affects the health of lips.
- Coffee addiction: Consumption of too much of coffee leads to darkening of lips.
- UV Rays: Excessive exposure to sun rays is a major cause for developing dark lips. UV rays affect the skin adversely.
How to get beautiful lips?
You can follow the tips below to get beautiful lips:
- Exfoliate your lips. Use sugar and honey to make a scrub for your skin. Rub it on the lips for 5 minutes and rinse it. Honey is an antioxidant that restores the quality of your damaged lips and sugar removes the dead cells.
- Keep lips moisturised. You must apply lip balms and SPF-containing lip creams/lotions to keep them hydrated throughout the day.
- Drink a lot of water to maintain the fluid levels in the body.
- Use a humidifier at your residence in dry weather to keep the moisture intact.
- Wrap your face with a scarf when going out in cold weather or out in the sun.
- Don’t bite your lips, or lick them. Saliva causes drying up of lips.
- Visit a dermatologist if you are suffering from severe drying up of lips.