Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Varma VegesnaYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. Meri beti 1month 5 days ki hai. Vo jitni bar milk leti hai toilet kar deti h aur thodi der bukh lagne lag jati hai. Kya har thodi der bad use doodh dena thik hai.
Babies are fragile and need special care. In case of babies that are born prematurely, the amount of attention needed increases many fold and parents need to be extra careful and attentive. A baby born before 37 weeks of pregnancy is said to be a premature baby. The earlier the baby is born, the higher the risk of complications.
Most premature babies spend the first few days after birth in a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). This is because they may have trouble breathing and may need help maintaining body heat. Though you may feel helpless watching your baby, it is important to spend time with your baby while he or she is in the NICU. Talk to the baby and touch him or her. As soon as your doctor allows, carry your baby while allowing him or her to have maximum skin to skin contact.
It is important to breastfeed a premature baby. Breast milk is the richest source of nutrition for your baby and is easy to digest. It is also rich in antibodies that help boost a bay’s immunity and protect them against a number of infections. If you cannot feed your baby directly, pump your breast milk and store it in sterilised bottles to be given to the baby. Premature babies can get critically ill very fast. To prevent this from happening, it is important to build a good rapport with your baby’s doctors and keep a close eye on your baby. Maintaining a journal can help you recognise changes in your baby’s development. Watch out for subtle signs that your baby could be falling ill. Some of these signs are:
- A distended abdomen
- Dry the diapers frequently
- Frequent vomiting
- Blood in the stool
- Temperature instability
- Lethargy and unresponsiveness
- Change in breathing
In some cases, the mother may be discharged before the baby. This may seem very difficult, but does not need to limit your time with your baby. Caring for a premature baby is tough and hence use the time away to rest and recuperate. Remember that your baby is in safe hands and do not let yourself get too stressed.
Your baby will be ready to come home once he or she can breathe on their own and is able to maintain a steady body temperature. Your doctor may also wait until the baby can be breastfed and begins gaining weight before discharging him or her. Once the baby is home, do not attempt to be the sole caregiver but involve your family in building a team of caregivers. This will keep you from getting burnt out and will ensure that your baby is constantly monitored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Hello Dr. mera baby 7 nd 1/2 month ka hai abi 1 week pahle usse 102 fever loose motion nd vomitings thi jiske wajah se use hospitalised krna pada after 3 day uska fever nd vomiting kam hogyi thi tab rat me 11 oclock achanak use bahot thand lgne lgi nd wo bahot rone lga nd and eyes close kr k hi ro rha tha nd uska badan b akadne lga nd thoda nila b ho gya tha tb use Dr. ne DILANTIN enject kiya after that use 102 fever ho gya to Dr. ne use treat kiya now he is normal but Dr. said ki DILANTIN use 5 years tk deni hogi. Aisa kyu hua ye jhatka kis karan aaya. What is use of dilantin.
My daughter is 4 years old. Daily she is vomiting at school. Morning she will have little bit of bournivita that's it. During snack break at school while having snack she will vomit daily. After having bournvita she will say feel like vomiting. Even I changed the drink to tea & other drinks also but same problem please suggest.
Tej bukhar ane par behosh (5-10 mint ke liye) ho jati h aur akad jati h, hath bhi piche ki taraf mud jate h. Esa abi tak 2 baar ho chuka h.
My baby son is 7 months old. From last 3 months we observing one of his testicles are enlarging than other. I consulted with a pediatrician and the Dr. Told that it may'harnia' n may operate when he will grow up. But I would like to know how can it be curable without operate?
Hiii doctor I want to asked you that my baby is 6 months old. Nw what should I give him .should I give him mango too.
One member in my family is undergoing TB treatment. He lives with us. He us now almost cured. Is it necessary to each of us to go far tb test? And if yes, which test is easy?
My son who is 14 years old has been running a few 10km races. He cycles 4 km everyday. He wants to participate in a 21 km run. He would be jogging and walking alternately (ie not running the entire 21 K). Is it safe for him to participate? Any precautions? Any inputs/ advice would be greatly valued. Thank you.
My 7 month baby .what is diet chart for him. And I am giving amul toned milk. Is it ok or not .and may baby boy urine bhot karta hai every 2 minute urine karta hai please suggest me.
My son's DOB is 23.02. 2016. He was given his 10 week vaccination today - 6.5. 2016 and NXT one is due on 6.6. 2016. Can I give it on 1.6. 2016? As I am going out of station.
Asthma is a respiratory disease that takes place with a variety of symptoms including breathlessness, wheezing and coughing. It usually occurs when the airways get obstructed, which in turn leads to inflammation of the tubes. So how can you recognise the signs and symptoms of asthma? Here is a list of ways!
- Risk Identification: It has been observed by doctors and medical science that there is no specific reason for the onset of this ailment. It can be caused due to genetic as well as environmental factors. So, in order to recognise the symptoms, you will first of all have to take stock of both these factors. Find out if you have any blood relatives who have suffered from this ailment and try to find out how it started and at what age, so that you can watch out for the same warning signs. Also, if you are more prone than others when it comes to allergic conditions like rhinitis and atopic dermatitis, then you are at risk. Other risk factors also include living in a high pollution zone, as well as being overweight, smoking, working within close range of exhaust fumes and other chemicals, and other such factors.
- Symptom Identification: To be able to identify whether or not you are at risk, you must identify the potential symptoms including persistent shortness of breath, which may strike regularly. Also, another symptom is not being able to sleep comfortably due to excessive coughing and breath shortness as well as shallow breathing and wheezing. You may also experience some amount of chest tightening or constriction. These symptoms will usually get worse if you happen to be suffering from the flu or a cold.
- Respiratory Health: If you are suspecting the onset of this disease, it would be a good idea to watch your respiratory health by observing the rise and fall of your breath when you are doing energy consuming and strenuous activities like exercising or other such tasks. Sports induced asthma is an actual condition that can get worse when your lungs are faced with cold and dry air. Also, if you are facing exhaust fumes and chemicals as a part of your job, then you are at risk of occupational asthma, in which case you should watch your respiratory health very closely. These symptoms can also get worse when you are around animals and pets due to the allergens that may trigger wheezing and coughing. A lung function test can be conducted by the pulmonologist in case you are suffering from any of these symptoms and conditions on a persistence and prolonged basis.
Knowing and reporting your symptoms to the doctor is important for getting timely treatment.
My son- 1 year 3 month age, body very weak- 8.100 kg weight. Only, in his blood test- found ammonia very high 4.8, calcium very low, blood low, so to control ammonia to reduce which food will I give and which food to avoid, which food will give to increase blood, calcium, please Doctor give suggestion.?
My baby is 2 years 2 months. She is born on 25 aug 14. She has constipation everyday. She drinks only milk (with infragrow chocolate) while sleeping. Else hardly eat any solid food. Pls advise what can we give her to get appetite n eat well. Though she is very proactive all day. Pls advise.
My baby boy completed 3 month on 9 august. He breast feeding normally. But last 5 days he intake his hand in mouth. Can I give him cow milk. Powder milk due to gas problem he does not drink.
Tips to keep kids teeth healthy and strong:
• Wipe gums with a wash cloth after feeding to avoid plaque that can cause tooth decay
• Start brushing twice daily using soft bristle tooth brush once first primary tooth erupts
• Start using fluoride toothpaste at age 3- use only pea- sized amount. Make sure your child spits it out after brushing
• Try to break thumb sucking and pacifier habits by age 4
• Start flossing as soon as teeth touch/ contact each other
• Until children are able to practice proper oral health habits alone, parents should help their child brush and floss twice a day
• Require children who plays support to wear a mouthguard to protect their smile
• Parents can encourage their teens by reminding them that a healthy smile and fresh breath will help them look and feel their best.
1. Schedule your first dental appointment before child’s first birthday.
2. Start visiting your dentist every 6 months.