Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vani Bhai
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vani BhaiYour feedback matters!
Hi, We had a unprotected sex and I have a fear to be getting pregnant. Please help me out. What can I do to avoid pregnancy.
I went for TB PCR test but another gync is recommending for MTBC test. Since I am trying to conceive I underwent TB PCR. What is the difference between the two and which is the best and why. I am very confused. Please help.
Balancing the personal and professional life can be quite taxing. In the process, women often neglect their health. Work is important but not more than your health. Women of reproductive age should be extra careful. Many women particularly suffer from gynecological problems (PCOS, menstrual problems, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, to name a few). Thus, following a healthy lifestyle is the key to a healthy body (physical, mental as well as emotional). Health issues, no matter how minor, should not be left unattended.
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle:
A healthy lifestyle can help ward off many unwanted health complications (especially gynecological problems).
- Eat a Healthy Diet. Many women live by fast foods. While burgers, pizzas, and fried foods may satisfy your taste buds, your body and overall health will have to bear the brunt. Once a while, pampering yourself with fast foods is fine, but do not make it an everyday practice. Include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. A healthy and balanced diet takes care of many gynecological disorders, including menstrual problems. Keep your body well hydrated.
- Obesity. Obesity can wreak havoc in a woman's life, irrespectively of their age. It is one the underlying factors responsible for PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and other hormonal disorders. Thus, maintaining a healthy body weight becomes very important.
- Do not Compromise on your Sleep. On an average, a woman needs between 6-8 hours of sleep daily. A sound and healthy body can work better. Try and follow a healthy sleeping routine. Ideally, you should retire to bed by 10 pm and wake up by 6 am. Avoid stress and anxiety as much as you can. Too much stress can cause a hormonal imbalance with serious complications.
- Physical Activities and Workouts: Exercise and meditation act as a tonic for the body. You may lead a hectic life but 30 minutes a day is all that you need to refresh and rejuvenate your body. You will be able to kick-start the day with a renewed vigor and zeal. Women who are on the healthier side of the scale and have been trying hard to lose weight are sure to benefit from this.
- Annual Health Check-ups. Healthy or not, women (of all age groups) should go for annual health check-ups. Many health problems get complicated and almost untreatable due to late diagnosis. There is no point in taking chances with your health. Nobody can understand or know your body better than you. If you notice anything unusual (especially in your breast), immediately consult your physician. Self-awareness is essential.
Here are a few important personal care and hygiene that every woman should follow diligently
- Practice healthy vaginal hygiene. Wash your vaginal area daily. You can use warm water to clean the area.
- Avoid douching, use of perfumes and scented soaps in your vagina and adjacent areas. It can affect the pH of your vagina, resulting in infections.
- Always go for safe and healthy sex. Unprotected sex may cause STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) and infections (bacterial, viral or yeast).
- Keep a record of your menstrual cycle every month. Make it a habit to change your sanitary napkins frequently during periods.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My friend 35, abdominal mymectomy done. 1st period came in usual time, ie, 30 days, but 2nd time even after 45 days, just a drop came. Why is it? When it will be normal?
Doesn't really sound like much, does it? especially when your daily calorie requirement is somewhere between 1500-2500. Given that calorie intake varies from person to person, based on gender, weight, age, and various other factors; the calories consumed don't change a bit no matter who's consuming them.
If someone says 200 calories, it seems like nothing when we talk about desserts and fried food, but it seems like a lot in context to fruits and healthy food. So let's take a look at some pictures of food depicting 200 calories to figure out how much is too much.
First is some fish, particularly salmon. This amount is great for a filling healthy snack. Add some vegetables or some vinegar to make it a perfect dinner.
Then comes 3 small pieces of brown bread which is actually more than enough for a light snack.
Pasta in that amount makes 200 calories, so you add some chicken or vegetables and mix it up in a great sauce to make it a healthy meal under 500 calories.
One full glass of white wine comes up to 92 calories, so you easily kick back and enjoy 2 glasses of wine!
Potatoes the best sin. French fries an even deadlier sin! but be careful not to order a large amount, stick to a small portion for a quick snack.
Now don't look at the brownies and get too excited, you're allowed only one such piece because that's around 190 calories.
White rice can be consumed in more than a mouthful, though; you can enjoy one full bowl of white rice without worrying about more than 200 calories.
3 boiled eggs the perfect healthy snack, which is astoundingly so filling is another snack under 200 calories.
One glass of full-fat milk comes up to 200 calories, which is why it is a recommended midnight snack.
Then, we have one whole chicken breast, which can be spruced up with sauce or cooked in any manner without worrying about too many calories.
A plate full of fruit such as kiwi makes up 200 calories now that's a great way to feel full and be healthy!
Black coffee makes up for barely 10 calories. And if you have it with sugar that'll be around 30-40 calories. This means you're allowed 5-8 cups a day (it's safe to assume you will become a night owl after such consumption). If you like your coffee with milk and sugar, that's almost 100 calories so you're allowed 2 cups of that.
Your morning cup provides more than just a jolt of caffeine. Well, now you know what 200 calories look like. In some cases, it's barely a mouthful, while it's more than a yummy meal in others. Another great way to make sure you're snacking under 200 calories or consuming the necessary amount, download a calorie counter app. It allows you to record every food item and shows you the total amount of calories you consumed.
Here's to some healthy snacking, some unhealthy binging (once in a while) and an overall diet within your calorie budget.
Enjoy your healthy meals:)
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 08067417780 (dial extension: 778)
- Take proper sleep of eight hours.
- Drink plenty of water, if you don't like plain water add cucumber, lemon, pineapple, mint etc to add flavor.
- Add chilli peppers to your regular diet.
- Dont skip your regular meals.
- Take low carbs.
Hello Lybrate doc, after how many days the symptoms of pregnancy starts. After our intercourse. When the period is due. please suggest.
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition where a woman has extremely painful periods. While menstruation is normal, it is very painful. This is caused by disorders like fibroids, pelvic inflammatory disease, adenomyosis, endometrial polyps, use of intrauterine contraceptive device or endometriosis. Many women assume that pain is normal and must be tolerated.
Few ways to deal with dysmenorrhoea are:
1. It’s Ok To Take Pain Relievers: To relieve the pain, simple analgesics like paracetamol and aspirin can be taken.
2. Anti-inflammatory Drugs Can Taken: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are also prescribed to deal with dysmenorrhoea and most women are known to feel relief from the pain.
3. Fish Oils Capsules: Fish oil capsules which contain Omega 3 fatty Acids are also a good option to use when troubled with severe menstrual pain.
4. Prefer Light Diet: A few minor dietary changes can also help. Eating low fat vegetarian food especially on the days of the periods can prove to be helpful.
5. Avoid Sedentary Lifestyle: It is said that exercise can reduce the pain of dysmenorrhoea. Sedentary lifestyle is not good for the uterus region and it is advisable to indulge in regular exercises.
6. Use Heat Therapy: Heat therapy is a common and effective way to deal with dysmenorrhoea. Keeping a hot water bag on the region of the pain is known to soothe the pain and help relax the muscles.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.