Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V V SrinivasYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from fever from 7 days. Also pain in back. What are the solutions of back pain during fever?
I am diabitic since 1997 and taking alopethic medicnes. Is it possible to reduce medicines by having some changes in lyf style or eating habits. Right niw m taking zita100, zoryl 1mg and diabeta sr1000.
My mother is suffering from choking and asphyxiation (breathlessness) while coughing. It doesn't happen normally, only when she has cough. Please suggest how to remedy this as choking becomes very serious. Only after bending forward and continuous patting on the back choking comes under control. Please help.
Sir I am masturbating for last three years and now I want to quiet this and wants to look a healthy, white face and good person and a healthy person so how I can leave the masturbation doctor please tell me good thing to stop this and now I'm 16.
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted disease. One out of every six people in the United States suffers from this disease. It is more common than you think. Like any other STD, it is extremely important to take proper protection (use a condom) while engaging in sexual activities.
Genital Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). There are two types of herpes simplex virus.
- HSV-1 is most commonly associated with blisters and ulcers around the mouth known as cold sores.
- HSV-2 is associated with blistering lesions in genital areas that are exposed during sexual contact.
However, both types of herpes simplex virus can infect the mouth or the genital areas, meaning that genital contact with a cold sore on the mouth can lead to genital herpes. Likewise, kissing someone with a cold sore can spread the herpes simplex virus infection.
After the initial outbreak of herpes, the virus travels through the nerves and resides in nerve tissue within the body.
Most people with genital herpes don’t know they have it. That’s because in most people it produces either no symptoms or very mild ones.
Symptoms of Genital Herpes:
- The area around your genitalia becomes red and cracked without any pain or itching.
- Itching around your anal region
- Blisters around your genitalia can cause immense pains when they break open.
- Pain in the open sores while urination.
- Headaches and backaches.
- Flu and swollen lymph nodes are very common.
- Fatigue is also felt if you suffer from genital herpes.
Symptoms like these can be mistaken for other infections such as vaginal yeast infections, bacterial infections and bladder infections. So, if you are suffering from such symptoms it is advisable to go in for a health check up followed by a physical exam and a blood test to confirm whether you have genital herpes or not.
How can it get spread?
You can only get Genital Herpes from vaginal intercourse and not anal or oral intercourse. The fluid present in the sore of a genital herpes patient has infected fluid. If the fluid comes in contact with their partner’s sexual organs while having intercourse they can be easily infected.
Can Symptoms Be Treated?
There is no cure for genital herpes. But the symptoms can be lessened and prevented with treatment. Treatment can also reduce the risk of infecting others.
Your healthcare provider may prescribe antiviral medications to help prevent or reduce the pain and discomfort from an outbreak of symptoms. Medication taken on a daily basis to suppress the virus can reduce the number of outbreaks and reduce the risk of infecting others
How to Avoid Getting Genital Herpes:
- Try to have sex with people who have been tested negative for herpes or any other STDs.
- Use a latex condom while having sex. It prevents any sort of liquid to pass inside your partner’s genitalia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am 24 years old male and have stomach ache for last 2 days. Stomach pain is not continuously. 10 minutes gap and again repeated. What should I do?
I am 40 years man my problem headache please help me doctor ?i haven't got any relief what should I do now?
I Have skin problem in whole body, And the itching is irritating.Can I get rid of it, I have done all medicines but of no use, please advice
The human hand has multiple bones, tendons, ligaments and muscles which in unison help us to grip things and manipulate other objects to do our work. Within the wrist lies a narrow passageway on the palm side which houses the main nerve for movement of the nine tendons. These tendons help us to move our fingers individually and grip things or accomplish any task we want with our hands.
What is Carpal tunnel syndrome?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a condition where this nerve gets pinched due to a variety of factors and may have adverse effects. Some of the symptoms include tingling, numbness and pain with movements of the arm.
Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
The nerve within the wrist which is known as the median nerve can be pinched due to a variety of factors:
- Movements where the wrists are always higher and in an angle: Repetitive movements of the wrists where the hands are always at a lower angle, can increase the chances of carpal tunnel syndrome. This is usually a workplace related problem and thus be caused by bad hand posture.
- Medical Conditions: There are certain medical conditions that may also trigger the onset of carpal tunnel syndrome such as diabetes, thyroid, menopause and other problems.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy has also known to cause carpal tunnel disorder as it can alter the balance of fluids within your body. However, other factors could also put your fluids in imbalance and cause problems with the median nerve.
- Conditions that may cause inflammation: Certain conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause the inflammation within the joints which might lead to the median nerve being pinched which in turn might lead to carpal tunnel syndrome.
Some Preventive Measures from Carpal Tunnel Syndrome:
- Breaks from repetitive work: It is important for your wrists to have a break when you are doing repetitive tasks that might cause carpal tunnel syndrome. Relax and stretch your muscles within the break time
- Wear wrist splints: These are support devices which can help correct problems for repetitive actions throughout the day while you are sleeping.
- Take pain reliever if you start having chronic pains: If your wrist pain is not letting you functions normally, take a pain reliever such as ibuprofen or aspirin and go to a doctor as soon as possible for a more thorough treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an orthopaedist.
Is vitiligo (skin problem, white spots) linked to diabetes. If no then what is the cause behind it. How it can be cured.
Do I really have an Eating Disorder? Cause I have these symptoms. Breast Tenderness, Nausea, Cannot go to sleep well, Frequent urination with small amount of urine, feeling cold when I'm in a windy area, Abdominal Pain a little, Always craving, skipped a period. Plss. I'm very worried cause I've searched it on google about pregnancy it's very similar to this symptoms but then also similar to eating disorders! I've never tried having sex with men! Never ever! except just rubbing my vagina with my pants on.:(I'm sorry I have to mention that. By the way I ate very late like breakfast and did not ate in lunch and I just ate a little in dinner. And drink a lot of softdrinks. Plsss help
- A varicose condition of the hemorrhoidal veins causing painful swellings at the anus.
- It can be inflamed and even clot can be formed.
- Hemorrhoid that are above the boundry betwwen rectum and ano-rectal junction are called internal hemorrhoids.
- Those found below the anorectal junction are called external hemorrhoids.
- Both may stay inside or protrude.
- Commonly seen after pregnancy and in constipation.
- If there is pressure in portal vein, then hemorrhoids may occur.
- Bleeding after bowel evacuation is common, sometimes, patient has to push back the hemorrhoid into the anus.
- If cleaning is improper, there may be itching in the anal region.
- Sitz bath is useful.
- Clot disappears in 4 to 6 weeks
- Kutajadi kwatha 40 ml BD (bleeding piles)
- Setubandhana gutika 1BD (bleeding piles)
- Panchasakara churna 3-5gm BD with warm water.
- Abhayaristam 20ml BD with equal amount of water after meal.
- Drinking at least 2 liters of water a day is desirable.
- Prefer to eat fibrous foods.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Chewing tobacco.