Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. V. PraneethYour feedback matters!
Hello I'm 23 male.On one of my eyes a small bulge has emerged on my sclera(the white portion of the eye) and it's been there since 5 months.Usually it doest not bother me but when I use laptop or watch TV for longer durations I sort of feel irritation in my eye.About five months ago I during the football world cup I watched the tv for longer durations and after that this bulge occurred.Could you please tell me the reason and the cure for it.Your help would be really helpful.
Hi doctor's, I having weight 58 kg & height 5'6" I am facing problem of head pain only half head of right side & only one eye pain of only right side only. What to do? Thank you.
Hi doctor I am a south indian girl I will do not eat salad or other diet foods but I have loss weight 35 kgs in a 6 months so my diet is this type of foods. Per day 3 Letters of water Nuts to snack, carrot Ragiball, chapathi,2cup of rice for meals A boul of corn flacks I completely avoid sugar banana, apple,and some vegetables Walking for 1 hour So this is my foods per day so this is ok or not please suggest me correctly please please.
Have redness eye. Itchy eyes. And watery eyes. Used drops such as tear drop and wanlop drop but no improvement. Pls suggest beat drop which relief me from redness and watery eye. Ps- working around 7-8 hr on computer Doc suggest me. Neph M plus and olopat eye drop along with Refresh tear drop. Need your advice on this. JIN.
I am soon fat. I am feeling shy when my relatives see me. All my friends and others call me ladoo. So please help me to control fat. How can I became thin?
Glaucoma is a group of diseases that causes damage to your eye's optic nerve and gets worse over time. The optic nerve is a bundle of millions of nerve fibres which carry visual impulse from the retina at the back of eye to the brain. The increased Eye pressure, called intraocular pressure, can damage the optic nerve and fasten the natural nerve fibre loss. Since nerve cells can't regenerate this damage is permanent and irreversible.
Without treatment, glaucoma can cause total permanent blindness within a few years. Because most people with glaucoma have no early symptoms or pain from this increased pressure, it is important to see your eye doctor regularly so that glaucoma can be diagnosed early and treated before significant functional visual loss occurs.
If you are over age 40 and have a family history of glaucoma, you should have a complete eye exam with an eye doctor every one to two years. If you have any risk factors, you may need to visit your eye doctor more frequently.
What Are the Symptoms of Glaucoma?
For most people, there are usually few or no symptoms of glaucoma. The first sign of glaucoma is often the loss of peripheral or side vision, which can go unnoticed until late in the disease. This is why glaucoma is often called the "Sneak Thief of Vision" or "Silent Thief of Eye Sight".
If you have any of the following symptoms, seek immediate medical care:
- Seeing halos around lights
- Vision loss
- Redness in the eye
- Eye that looks hazy (particularly in infants)
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the eye
- Narrowing of vision (tunnel vision)
There are several risk factors, which may lead to glaucoma, such as
- Age of the individual
- Ethnicity- African, Caribbean, Hispanics and Asians are at higher risk
- Increased eye pressure or IOP History of glaucoma in family or relatives
- Presence of Myopia or Hyperopia
- Previous eye injuries
- Use of steroids- as injections, tablets, eye or ear drops or ointments or protein supplements for muscle building in gyms or inhalers
- Previous history of anemia
- Individuals conditions affecting blood flow like hypertension, diabetes or high blood sugar, migraine etc are also at risk.
The treatment for glaucoma relies on the nature and seriousness of every case. Generally, glaucoma cannot be totally cured, but it can be controlled. Eye drops, pills, laser strategies, and means of surgery are utilized to maintain and prevent further harm from happening. Talk to your eye doctor to find out if you are at risk of developing glaucoma.
The eyes are such a complex structure that even minute changes in the extremely complicated internal structure affects the most important function of the eye, vision. And anyone with a vision problem can vouch for the extent of effect it has on the quality of life. Whether you are able to see only things at a close distance or far off, it is definitely difficult.
The good news, however, is that with the thorough understanding of the eye’s structure, these abnormalities can be corrected and absolutely normal vision can be restored. While surgery was the only mode of correction a few decades ago, but laser has come to rescue, especially in intricate structures like the eye.
LASIK is an abbreviation for laser in-situ keratomileusis. This is the most common and popular method to correct vision in errors of refraction. In all these conditions (as below), the cornea which is the clear portion in the front of the eye is affected.
The light passes through the cornea, lens and falls on the back of the eye (retina), where an image is created, sent to the brain where it is reversed, and this is what we ‘see.’ Each of these parts have to be in perfect condition in order to produce this proper sight. Errors of refraction fall into three main categories.
- Nearsightedness: There is difficulty in seeing far off objects, so road signs and boards are difficult to follow. Seeing objects that are closer is not affected. Most important cause is excessive staring into computer monitors.
- Farsightedness: The person has difficulty seeing things that are nearby and has to hold them at a distance for clarity.
- Astigmatism: Light rays merge to focus on multiple points either in front of or behind the retina. Normally, however, they should focus on a single point on the retina. There could be blurred vision, squinting, and eye strain.
What is done?
During the laser surgical procedure, ultraviolet laser beam is directed at the cornea. It is reshaped - made thinner in nearsightedness, elongated in farsightedness, and restoring the normal shape in astigmatism. This ensures that light is focused properly on the retina, producing sharp images and restoring vision.
- Success rate as high as 96% - most patients no longer need the glasses or contacts they were using earlier
- Minimal pain
- Immediate correction of vision
- No stitches required
- Further adjustments to vision using glasses or contact lenses can be made if required
While errors in refraction are extremely common, there is no reason to panic. Corrective measures are also available, which can restore an almost normal vision. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
How to increase eye vision? My specs power increases after every three months. I want to increase my eye power naturally. I want to remove specs.
Sir my mouth is not open properly causes chewing gutkha. Sir give me some advise for my biggest problem I want to came out from this. I can contact with uu. Please help. Me.
My 7 year old boy constantly blinking his eyes for at least a month now. And got dark circles around his eyes which was not this much before a month. He his sometimes complaining about infoor light sensitivity mostly at night. Some times his left eye getting smaller or close thanks the right eye. We are noticing all of these since a month now. What may be the reason for it? My child is over emotional sometimes. Cry a lot on very small issues. Less drinking of water ,dry skin cough and cold are very common problem to him. What can be the reason of his excessive blinking and what will be the solution?
Eye problems that are caused due to the computer can be termed as Computer Vision Syndrome. Staring a computer screen has become a part of our daily lives, for many of us. Work and pleasure both include using a computer or a tablet. Looking at this screen for prolonged periods can cause many problems including strain, pain and stress due to the repeated eyeball movements and non-blinking nature of the work that we do when we stare at a screen for many hours.
Let us find out more about the causes of computer vision syndrome or CVS:
- Repeated Movements: When the same motion is carried out on a continuous basis, it can lead to stress based injuries due to the strain and stress caused in that part of the body. Much like carpal tunnel syndrome and other injuries like tennis elbow and shoulder joint problems, this condition is also caused due to the constant and repetitive movements which are known to lead to stress injuries. The longer you continue the activity, the worse it is bound to get.
- Focus: When you sit in front of a computer screen and work, one of the most important things that you are doing is called focus. When you focus on a screen on a continuous basis, to align your eyes with what you need to read or see, you are causing long term damage if this activity is carried out for too many hours on a daily basis. This back and forth motion that makes us focus can lead to pressure and strain on the eyes, which should be broken by concentrating on other activities like writing on a paper or reading from a book.
- Eye Muscles: These types of movements and activities can actually put a lot of pressure and undue strain on the muscles of the eyes. Also, things become even more difficult for the delicate eye muscles with the glare and blue light emanating from the computer screen which also has other elements like a flicker. This causes the eyes to align themselves by putting pressure on the eye muscles, which makes working on a computer that much more challenging than reading a book.
- Wrong Glasses or Lenses: If you have nearsightedness or farsightedness, then these problems can become even more severe due to this kind of condition. Also, if you are wearing the wrong prescription glasses or lenses, your eyes are bound to suffer even more when you stare at a screen for such a long time.
Apart from all these factors, working on a computer gets even more challenging after a certain age like your forties. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.