Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.Umakanth
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.UmakanthYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 18 years old and I have done over masturbation during past 4 years and I completely lost myself I lost my mental power, physical power and self respect. What should I do now, what should I take now (diet) to recover myself. And how much time it will take after quitting masturbation.
My sperm count is 30 million. With 23 percent active sperms. Abnormal forms written as pus cells positive and long tail positive. Wat does it mean? can I become a father? what should I do?
My wife suffering from hair fall and black spots below eye on her face. Therefore, I want solution for these problems.
I have headache problem. Its happen once or twice in a month in one side of head like sometime rit and left and the reason which I noticed is, if I dnt take brk fast or lunch or if traveling anywhere. And if I do vomiting and have a pain killer then it will reduces. My eye sight is -0.75 for right eye and -0.5 for left I use specs. Kindly give some suggestion I can not bare the pain.
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.