Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.Shankar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. V.ShankarYour feedback matters!
I am experiencing pain in my calf while running and fast walking before I go out of breadth. From last 6 months I am suffering from this, all my muscles get tight and I can barely walk due to pain for next 5 mins. I get swelling like blood clot in my calf and disappears after some time.
I have L4 L5 S1 disk bulge. I had so many medications but no use. While sitting am getting pain. While walking and standing there is no pain. Please suggest me tip. Am suffering from last 2 years. Hope I get the right suggestion from this. Thank you.
I am 34 years old & I have the chest pain in left, middle & right of the chest as well as in the back pain is like burning of pinching some part of the chest last & half month. Pains come & go not always although I have done the egc but there is nothing. Kindly suggest what should I do? today I am constant pain just center to left side of the chest & below the neck in morning I do yoga pranyam (lom and welom and surya namskar) push up & walk in the park after doing these things I am getting pain from 7: 30 am to 10: 30 am today also feeling anxiety. I am doing these exercise last 10 day. But only today I am getting pain continuously. Normally pain comes & go. I am taking the medicine pentop 40mg for gastric in the morning without taking breakfast. Please help me on this matter asap.
I had mild Lower back pain (buttock) from last 7 years, but from last 2 months have pinning and needles sensations in legs, leg weakness, as per physician MRI done, report says mild compression left traversing l5 nerve root, told me to do exercise however from last one month I had same sensations, some time (stabbing kind, spasms)in back head and stress on back head and eyes. Please advice, back head irritation is due to lower back problem as report investigation.
Dear Sir I have pain in my spinal cord my age 30 old it problem facing from the 3 days my friends are all told you are more fat .so please tell me which is right what I want to do for this.
What is the cause of joints pain. Is there any remedy for it pls suggest I m suffering from last two years. Is there any. medicine prescribed by uuu.
Joint pain plagues many people as we grow old and sometimes, even middle-aged men and women suffer from the same. Hectic lifestyle, lack of exercise, consumption of junk food and pollution are often the causes. And according to Ayurveda, accumulated toxic matter in the stomach is the reason behind such pains, since they imbalance the three doshas. In other words, when the gastric fire or agni doesn’t digest the food properly, Ama Rasa or the undigested juice mix with Pitta, Kapha and Vata.
As a result, joints get inflamed and you suffer from aches. For treating this ailment, the Panchakarma treatment is the most effective apart from taking up yoga, watching weight and other home remedies using natural ingredients like ginger, clove, turmeric and fenugreek.
What is Panchakarma?
Panchakarma essentially means “five therapies” for the holistic detoxification and purification of the body. It comprises of 5 therapeutic treatments for eliminating stress and toxins, and balancing the doshas or energies which help us execute all biological functions. These treatments are known as Vamana, Virechana, Nasya, Basti and Raktamoskshana.
How does each treatment work?
- Vamana: This treatment removes toxins in the respiratory tract and is an emesis therapy offered to those suffering from high Kapha. This therapy helps with bronchial asthma, hay fever, vitiligo, chronic allergies, hyperacidity, chronic indigestion, obesity, skin ailments, oedema and more.
- Virechana: Also known as purgation, Virechana eliminates toxins from the gallbladder and liver. It safely cleans the gastrointestinal tract and helps in dealing with ailments like chronic fever, asthma, skin problems, diabetes, constipation, psoriasis, vitiligo, headaches and even gynaecological problems.
- Basti: This therapy refers to enema or colonic irrigation and removes toxins from all 3 doshas through the colon. It rejuvenates the body as well since medicated oil or ghee is used for cleaning the colon and energising the muscle. Benefits include the treatment of colitis, paraplegia, cervical spondylosis, infertility, irritable bowel syndrome, sciatica, piles and so on.
- Nasya: In this treatment method, medicated oil is passed through the nose to eliminate Kapha toxins from the neck and head. It can be administered for 30 days, and benefits ailments like neuralgia, insomnia, excess mucus, premature hair greying, loss of smell and taste, nasal allergies, migraines, nasal polyps, sinusitis, and so on. This therapy also improves voice clarity, memory and eyesight.
- Raktamokshana: In very rare cases, this blood-cleansing therapy is suggested, but it does involve some amount of infection risk.
How will Panchakarma diet help?
A specific Ayurvedic diet is suggested to patients undergoing the Panchakarma treatment, and it is monitored closely to make sure that the diet is being followed religiously. This might involve the consumption of warm ghee, flaxseed, triphala powder, special types of herbal teas, steamed vegetables and so on. Use of castor oil is beneficial in case of osteoarthritis. Avoid stale and fermented food. The exact diet chart will be provided by the Ayurveda specialist. The Panchakarma treatment is only effective when the advised diet is followed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!