Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.s.r. Suneel
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. V.s.r. SuneelYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old male have backache from last 4 months only at night time while sleeping what should I do.
I having frequent unbearable forearm pain. I visited pshyotherapist for 10 days. But there is relieve. Whom should I contact?
Sir my knees bones had been worn out and doctor has advised me for knee replacement surgery but I don't want surgery because my age is only 45 please advise what to do.
2 weeks ago I started to feel a mild pain in the right lower back. Pain runs through my whole leg up, And few days ago I felt like frequent urination. These are the only symptoms so far.
I have middle upper back pain only when working with both hands continuously work after 10 -15 minutes and its increase and after completing the work I take rest then Get relief form pain after 30-40 minutes.
Why do any time pain my leg some few months very hard pain no walking its hard pain please some to do doctor?
My wife is 55 years old and a sugar patient also. Recently she is getting pain in the knee and she went for x-ray. The report showing that she is suffering from ostro-arthritis and she is taking Jointace C-2 and calcium tablets also. What should we do now.
I am suffering from cervical spondylitis since last 8 months and doctor prescribed me D-Venizep 50 mg and nurokind tabs. Should I take these tabs?
I am 26 years old for past five days I got thigh pain in my both legs side left and right when I was stretching my legs it's so difficult and getting pain I am feeling uncomfortable to sit also at the time of getting pain heavy due to what reason it's causes and treatment for this.
I have injury in my knee yesterday during workout and know m not able to keep my leg straight for a single second suggest me the right way of treatment so that I will continue my practice.
Hi, About my mom She is 65 years old her weight is 90 above She got previously surgery blood clot And bed sore also since 2015 November she is not able to wake up herself she can not walk She can't lift her legs So solution? Suggest for food I am giving her chapathi Brown rice Jowar ke roti Apples dry fruits Please tell me about this.
A knee sprain is a disorder that is characterized by tearing of the ligaments of the knee. The ligaments are tissues in the knee, whose function is to keep the bones together. They also help in keeping the bones and the knee joint in their proper position. In terms of function, they help you walk, turn and twist. Usually ligaments get sprained due to sports or exercise related injuries.
- If the knee is directly hit: Sprains occur when the knee is hit directly by a strong force on the sides, front or back of the knee. It may also occur, if you trip or fall on your knees. Car accidents and football tackles are other instances where the knee may be impacted in this manner.
- A sudden twist to the knee joint: If the knee joint is suddenly twisted, then it may result in knee sprain. This usually occurs in situations wherein you plant your foot and then suddenly turn from the knee. This can occur in various sports such as football or hockey where you run and change direction suddenly.
The symptoms of knee sprain are pain in the knee joint, impaired movement and swelling. You will have difficulty while walking as the knee may give out or buckle. In some cases, you may also hear a painful pop from the knee joint.
The treatment of a knee sprain begins with a proper diagnosis wherein you may have to undergo various tests such as X-rays or MRI. Once the diagnosis confirms that it is a knee sprain, treatment will begin. The various modes of treatment include:
- Acetaminophen: This medication is used to reduce fever and pain resulting from knee sprain.
- NSAIDs: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen also reduce swelling and pain.
- Physical support devices: You may also use splint or an elastic bandage to provide support to the knee joint so as to allow the area to heal faster.
- Surgery: Severe ligament tears in young patients will require surgery to regain full and normal function to carry on playing regular sports in future.
In addition to the treatment, plenty of rest is required. Do not carry out tasks that require you to move your knee excessively as it may damage it further. Perform stretches and strengthening exercises to keep the joints strong and mobile. Sometimes ligament injuries are serious and do not settle down with the above measures.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi sir I have 1 doubts. My mom have knee problem so doctors told to take calcium tablets. After 1 month my mom got extra 8 KG weight. So my mom planned to stop that tablets. In online also I saw like people who r taking calcium tablets they will get extra weight too. Tablet Name: Calcium with Alfacalcidol Tablets (SHELCAL-OS). My doubt is I am 25 I am always looks very thin. I am want to gain weight. So if I take this tablets any side effect will come? This is for calcium right .so shall I take without any reason? Kindly guide me about this tablets and effects too. Thanks, Saravanan.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!