Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V.S.C Sekhar
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V.S.C SekharYour feedback matters!
I am having bigger breasts.in comparison with my body. How can I reduce the size of my breasts? Is there medicine available? Or is there any other way for the same?
A rising number of teenage girls in the country are getting affected with Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease or PCOD. Though an advanced menarche has become very rampant these days, there are many young women who are suffering from a delay in menarche which in turn is leading to PCOD as opined by gynaecologists. Obesity and sedentary lifestyle among young people have caused a rapid doubling of PCOD cases in the past five to eight years.
Occurrence and Symptoms:
Gynaecologists report that they get at least 15 fresh instances of PCOD cases, and a considerable number of teenagers aged 16-17 are not getting their menarche. Such patients are recommended to take a strictly balanced diet which will help them to lose weight. Initially, their mothers think that they would experience their menarche in proper time, but some girls are diagnosed with PCOD when taken to a family gynaecologist. Even worse, they could never imagine that their obesity can pave the way for such a grave health issue. PCOD can cause numerous other problems like delayed and irregular menses, rapid weight gain and tremendous difficulty in losing weight, developing acne and blocked skin pores.
Help yourself with the right diet:
There is no proven evidence regarding the cause of PCOD though gynaecologists are of the opinion that some females possess a predisposition to this disease, and it may run hereditarily in the family. You can alleviate your PCOD symptoms to a considerable extent by regulating your diet properly.
Have loads of fruits and green leafy vegetables and try to abstain from dairy products as many experts believe that dairy products are a direct cause of an increase in insulin levels, which can aggravate skin troubles along with other PCOD symptoms. Avoiding red meat and eating lean meat instead will help the condition and reduce the chances of infertility. It is always recommended to avoid hydrogenated and saturated fats, which are normally found in animal and dairy-based food. Try to put a stop to cheese, cottage cheese, clarified butter, pork, lamb, beef, etc. and certain baked products like cookies, cakes and fudges as they will trigger a rise in your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
PCOD is such a condition which you can never afford to overlook.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor It's my 4th month and I haven't get any symptoms of pregnancy like vomiting and nausea and also my beta hcg test was negative is pregnancy possible?
Tea is an addiction for many, and luckily not the worst one to have. A cup of hot tea in the morning and another one in the afternoon is more than enough to get you through the rest of the day. It is not only beneficial but also recommended. If taken in moderate amounts, this comforting beverage has some remarkable benefits.
Benefits of drinking tea-
- Tea can hydrate your body and can be beneficial especially when one suffers from diarrhea and needs fluids in the body.
- Some teas contain ingredients such as herbs like cascara and senna, which have natural laxative properties and may help in relieving constipation.
- Black and green tea contains essential oils and polyphenols that may aid digestion by stimulating the gastric acids thus reducing flatulence and negative digestive symptoms such as diarrhea and vomiting.
- A cup of rose tea in the morning stimulates your body’s production of bile, which aids in the digestion of food. It works as a mild laxative and is often used as an effective natural remedy for constipation.
- The antioxidants in tea can help the body to fight cancer of the colon, stomach, small intestine, pancreas and liver.
But, having bed-tea, first thing in the morning - is it a healthy practice that most Indian households possess? Yes, most of you are habituated to have bed-tea as soon as you wake up. You love to start your day with a piping hot cup. Though it is a great way to soothe your soul, relax your mind, makes a wonderful beverage to enjoy with friends, perfect welcome drink to guests, however, is it really a good idea to kick-start your morning with tea? Think again!
Well, this is just NOT an ideal way to begin your day - both for your body and your teeth. Your oral cavity and hygiene contribute a lot towards your health and overall well-being. Here are reasons to avoid morning bed-tea.
Reasons why you should not drink tea in the morning-
- Drinking tea, in the morning can cause stomach inflammation and it may lead to infection and feeling of nausea.
- Drinking tea can affect the bile juice secretion in your stomach and can also cause nausea and nervousness because of the empty stomach.
- Tea increases the level of acid in the stomach. Gulping down a cup of hot tea would mean washing down bacteria from your mouth and sending them down to your gut can upset your stomach.
- When tea washes down bacteria from mouth to the gut, it interferes with the functioning of the good bacteria and might cause problems in metabolism, disrupting the acid-alkaline balance in the stomach. This may result in constipation.
- A chemical in tea known as theophylline has a dehydrating effect on stools passing through the intestines, resulting in constipation.
So, drink your way to good health... avoid morning your tea in bed and stay healthy! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!