Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I got married on 9 Jan and my menstruation date is 21 and my periods are starting before my date now almost it's going to complete 3 months I am not getting pregnant so wht would be the reason please help.
What Happens if the position of baby is head up and legs downward in 33 week of pregnancy will baby get to its original position or not?
Dear sir/Madam, Can I have sex with my wife on 13 th day after her period date and continue on 14, 16, 18th dates if it is not possible to have sex on 12 th day and how many days a ovule will be ready to combine with sperm i. E. As egg release day is around 12 to 14 th day from the period date is it ok to have sex on 13, 14, 16. Days after the period date and how many days an egg remains after its release from fallopian tube. Please confirm.
Bathing the newborn baby is a pleasurable experience both for the mother and the baby. It can also be defined as a process through which the mother and child bond. A mother understands the requirements of the child and the baby adapts itself to the cleanliness regime of the mother.
When should I start bathing my new born baby?
According to guidelines of WHO, initial bath for a term newborn weighing more than 2.5kg should be given 6 hours after birth. In the term low birth weight babies weighing less than 2.5kgs, only sponge bath is to be given, till the weight crosses 2.5kg.
Dip baths can be given once the umbilical cord falls off i.e. by 7 -10 days. Till then sponge baths are to be given.
How should I bathe my baby?
The room should be warm and free from draught of air as a wet baby can easily catch the chill. Check the temperature of the bath water before placing the baby in the bath tub. The depth of the water should be 5 cms upto the hip of the baby. Eyes can be cleaned by using one sterile water-soaked cotton swab for each eye. The Head should be washed last and dried first to prevent exposure due to large surface area. Pay special attention to skin folds of the neck, behind the ears, underarms, and diaper area. Also wash between the fingers and the toes.
What cleanser/ soap should I use for my baby?
Do not use soap for the first 1 month of life. After that, use any mild unmedicated soap or liquid cleanser with acidic/ neutral pH, that maintains the pH of the baby's skin. Avoid scented soaps and bubble baths.
How frequently should I bathe my baby?
In summer months, daily baths can be given. In winters, dip bath may be given twice/thrice a week and rest of the days, it is preferable to sponge the baby.
Hair wash can be given twice a week.
A word of caution:
Never leave your baby unattended to in the bath tub.Bath tub should be disinfected after use. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I dont no if i am pregnsnt or not.But there is bleeding 2 days before of my period.I want to kmow i am pregnant or not
I am 38 years old with 173 cm height and 85 kg weight. I have a problem that when I go to toilet, blood comes from my anus. It is not constant. It started some four years back. Earlier it was very rare. But nowadays, the frequency is more. Three time s a week or so. I doubt it happens when I prolong to go to toilet. Why is it? What should I do?
I am 27 years old man and I married last 20 month back I want to have children and I tried for last 3 months it but not get success result so what I should do?
Hi am 20 years old.Not married.I had my period last 12th of January. After that it has not happen yet.I thought dt I might be pregnant.But I didn't observe any kind of symptoms regarding pregnancy. Which medicine should I take to start my period in a regular manner?
I played with my girlfriend but we didn't have sexual intercourse, she is 24 years old, she is virgin, her periods was regular but on this time it is delayed by 6 days, on 5th and 6th day there is brown discharge in little, why her periods got late? Why that brown discharge came?
As the world has moved and is moving towards a more sedentary lifestyle, where non sedentary jobs have become lesser, posture is something that tends to get affected a lot.
Let's look at how some of these bad body postures can affect your health in the long run:
- Increases depression and stress: Many studies have revealed that walking or sitting in a slouched or generally bad position increases the susceptibility to depression and stress. Slouching or sitting in a bad position and thus developing a bad posture will constrict the body, resulting in the poor blood flow. This may cause you to be irritable and tired and over a long time it will contribute to depression and increased stress levels.
- Bad breathing patterns: The lungs and the rib cage in your body need to be expanded fully to work at their best capacity. However, due to bad body postures, the rib cage and the lungs will be constricted and not be able to work at full capacity. This over time will build up to create long term problems with breathing as well as other resulting health problems.
- Problems with digestion: As is the case with breathing problems, when the body posture is not correct it will also affect digestion. This is so, as bad posture also affects the intestines and if they are pressured or constricted in any way, will affect the entire digestion process. Slouching may also cause you to develop a paunch or belly over time due to a combination of bad postures and digestive problems.
- Developing chronic pain in the back shoulders and neck: This is probably the most common and the most quickly noticeable problem, if you have a bad posture. Most of the population with sedentary lifestyle either currently has or has experienced this problem in their back, shoulders and neck. This is again due to constrictions of the muscles and misalignment of the various bones that support these parts. Long term misalignment could cause deformities that could spiral into problems, which are far worse.
- Headaches caused by muscle tension within the body due to bad postures: This has afflicted most of the sedentary work force all over the work, at some point of time or the other. While sitting in a bad position for a prolonged period, the tension in the muscles will build up releasing chemicals that may contribute to headaches. If these become frequent they could contribute to other health problems such as high blood pressure in the long run.
Hi I am taking Novelon 21 day pill from june. Missed second last doubled with the last, break of 6 days from 2-7 july. Menses from 5-7july. New pack from 8th july. Protected intercourse but condom used thrice on 9th july (first timw intercourse) Next fully protected on 14th july (last intercourse) Missed 21st july pill doubled 22nd july night. Light bleeding on 22nd july morning (breakthrough bleed or implantation bleed?) Pill ended on 28th july menses from 1-6 aug. Negative hpt at 4,5,6,7,8,11,12 weeks all negative hpt done with first morning urine with different brands. No pills or intercourse after 1-6aug. Periods due on 1st sept as it dint came did a usg and hcg beta on 8th sept (10 weeks from first and 9 weeks from last intercourse) Hcg was 0.11 and usg shows pcod (no mention of pregnancy) Dr. Prescribed deviry 2 tab for 5 days for withdrawal bleed. But after taking just a single dose bleeding started from 11-16th sept. It was heavy. On 21st sept morning when I woke up I can feel my pelvic bone in the front (can it be due to exercises like crunches leg rise etc with weight loss? I was 72 in july 70 in aug and now I am almost 68 kgs) and after continuous touching I made it hurt. Scared went for usg on 21st sept (12 weeks ftom first and 11 weeks from lasr intercourse) Usg only showed bulky ovaries with pcod. I asked him if my uterus was normal he said its absolutely normal. Usg was transabdominal. The hardness yet not gone. Moreover m fln gassy all the time and I cn feel sensation under my rib and back and m passing lots of gas. M worried too. Finally ve taken an hpt with first morning urine at almost 12 weeks 6 days. And its negative. Can their still be risk of pregnancy? My menses was due on 11th october and it is now delayed by 5 days. I did not have any intercourse after 14th july. M not experiencing any pms symptoms. Moreover egg white cervical mucus is seen at various point of the cycle and my cervix is low. If I am having ewcm I should be ovulating and my cervix should be high then why is it low. And m having ewcm throughout my cycle. And my period is late. Does it mean I ve ovulated at all? Will I wait for my periods to come or will I again take tab deviry? Is their any risk of pregnancy? Do I need to redo hpt or BHCG test? M I 100% safe? Can BHCG be wrong after 2 months and was 11-16sept my natural period?
Good morning Doctor my problem is. I had sex with my boyfriend on 27of October, Last time I got period on 2nd. And this time I didn't still get my period. I'm following general motor diet from past 4 days. My doubt is why I didn't get periods. Am I pregnant r its because of my diet. Please Help me how to get rid from this problem.
My wife pregnant in now 3 months and last 2-3 days she feel pain in left side of lower abandonment, pain is like pin staple, whtat is solution?
I am in trouble I rubbed my penis in my gf vagina and my sperm discharge in pent and my gf also wear pent it is possible she became pregnant.
I m 33 years old, married and try to conceive for baby from last july but not succeed after my one miscarriage in feb 2015, 7 weeks pregnancy. Then we tried from july but succeed. So, yesterday I went for fsh, LH, prolactin serum, tsh serum, glucose fasting in fasting. I found my report fsh-10.37, lh-5.98, prolactin-9.79, tsh-1.54 and glucose fasting - 89. Is it normal reports, can I conceive? I m so much tensed. I want clarification about how can I conceive early.
Endometriosis is a painful disorder in which tissue that normally lines the inside of your uterus, the endometrium grows outside (endometrial implant). It commonly involves ovaries, bowel or tissues lining your pelvis. The main symptoms are pelvic pain and infertility. While chronic pain exists throughout, it tends to aggravate during menstruation and / or sex. Though the cause is not entirely clear, women with a family history of the condition need to be extra cautious. Endometriosis is normally detected by its symptoms combined with a medical imaging. Though the growth is not generally cancerous, a biopsy is recommended to eliminate doubts.
The condition of endometriosis is attached with social and psychological effects as it affects a woman's child bearing ability. Most minds race anxiously as to what the surgeon might find and will your body heal after the procedure. Here are some tips to prepare for your endometriosis laparoscopy
- Before the surgery: Read up as much as possible about your condition and note down questions you want to ask your doctor. Get details about the entire procedure and how the doctor is treating your specific case. Having knowledge will help you stay calm and focused. Next, gear your home for the process. Stock your fridge with quick heat homemade meals. It's best for you and the family to have healthy food than the store bought preservative laden food. Clean your home, change your sheets and purchase some loose fit clothing for later use. Last but not the least, stock up on some reading material that will come handy during your rest period.
- On day of surgery: Do not eat or drink anything from 12 midnight until the time of your surgery. You may also need the unpleasant enema procedure during your prep. Remove your nail polish and leave your jewellery, watch and valuables at home. Shower and get to the hospital early to get on with the forms you'll need to fill. The procedure requires anesthesia so do discuss your allergies or any concerns you may have with this aspect of the procedure. Once you are set with you IV and anesthesia, the doctor takes over to do what they do best cure you.
- The procedure: a small incision is made near the belly button and the abdomen is filled with CO2 gas which lifts it away from other organs. During the laparoscopy, the doctor examines the pelvic organs, looking for obvious and atypical endometriosis lesions as well as endometriomas (endometriosis'filled cysts),adhesions, and scarring. He may then remove the lesions to send to a lab for biopsy
- After surgery: You'll most likely wake up groggy in the recovery room after your surgery. You may feel some pain as you come around but if it's a day procedure, you'll be able to leave as soon as you feel ready.
Although pregnancy may temporarily suppress the symptoms of endometriosis, it does not eradicate the disease. The symptoms will almost always return after the baby is born. If you are suffering from this painful condition and want to seek help, you can consult here.