Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. V Raja SekharYour feedback matters!
Arthritis is a disease usually associated with elderly people, but it can also affect children. When arthritis affects children, it is known as juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. This disorder affects the musculoskeletal structure of a child and can cause pain, stiffness and swelling in the muscles, joints, ligaments and bones. In some cases, it can also affect the internal organs. With medication and therapy, the symptoms of this disorder can be managed and the quality of the child’s life can be improved.
Hence, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this disease. Some of the symptoms to look out for are:
Pain: Complaints of pain in the joints or muscles on waking up from bed can be a sign of juvenile arthritis. This may affect a child’s jaw, neck, hands, knees and feet. For most children, moving around helps relieve some of the pain. Unlike the pain triggered by an injury, this kind of pain develops slowly and affects both symmetrical joints.
Joint stiffness: Children affected by this disorder may complain of stiff joints which hamper normal movement and activities. As with pain, this stiffness is usually worst in the morning and improves with movement.
Swelling: Redness and inflammation of painful joints is another symptom of this disorder. The joint may also feel warm to touch. This swelling may come and go or persist for several days. The joints of the hands, feet and knees are most susceptible to swelling.
Fever: Frequent fever accompanied by fatigue can indicate juvenile arthritis. These fevers usually com on suddenly and are relieved after a short time. Also, they do not exhibit any signs of respiratory or stomach infections.
Rashes: Rashes that are symptomatic of this disorder appear commonly over the knuckles, nose bridge or on the trunk, arms and legs. This often takes the form of a faint, pink rash that persists for weeks but unlike other rashes, it does not itch or ooze.
Weight loss: Drastic weight loss and an unexplained loss of appetite can also signal this disorder. In such cases, the child may also appear fatigued and showcase symptoms of associated malnutrition disorders.
Eye problems: Persistent troubles with eye sight such as pain, blurred vision and redness of the eye can be a sign of juvenile arthritis. In some cases, this disorder also causes the iris and uveitis as well as the middle layer of the eye to appear inflamed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist.
Hi dr! My mom had a pain in the lower part of backbone mainly (coccyx sacrum). This pain generally arise when she stands after a long or moderate sitting. Is there any major problem? Waiting for your reply.
Hi Doctor this is Vamshi Krishna 35 years, and having problem back pain since six months and there is no cure as I have taken pain killer please suggest me regarding this.
I am a 23 old male, I am suffering from several problems like gaining extra weigh continuously, back ahe from a long time tried ointments as well, I went for the check up of thyroid as well but that was not the issue, and I'm into my natural schedule so nothing has changed really, please suggest me what to do?
I have a back pain. Due to long journey in a car. I was travelled 16 hrs continuously. Please help me to cure this.
I am from Pune. I am looking for a dental consultation. My front teeth are crossed and thats why it affect when I talk. I want to know about that the permanent teeth clip will helpful or removable clip. And how much they cost for treatment and for how many days it required to back in shape.
Hello doc im a mother of a month old daughter n I'm planning to gt back in physical relation with my husband but still have pain in my stitches as I had delivery via forceps wat to do. Thanks in advance.
My bones are paining very much and there is severe pain in joints. Also there is more hair fall. Please suggest me some home remedies.
My mother having leg pain since last 6 month they fall from roof once now their organs are not working properly plzz tell us what to do.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.
Hello sir I wanna ask you question that's, I have body pains severely, particularly that on my back bone. So what I wanna do now.
I am 19 years old male and I have cervical pain for last 6 months, what should I do? Please suggest something.
I am 39 years old woman. I am suffering from back pain. I am a working woman. I sit in office about 6 to 8 hours. Doctor told that I am suffering from sciacita. What should I do? what is the best exercise for sciatica. What is the medicine and proper food for healthy bone?
I am 21 years old male and I have back pain for more than a couple of years. Why do I get back pain at this early age? what should I do?
Hi, I have pain in my spinal cord, and back too, and have sever pain in stomach. Kindly please suggest me some medicines.
Hello doctor I have faced a small accident today my left knee slightly injured so is any natural remedies for recovery it hurts when moving my jaw while sitting and when walk .is any Natural remedy for speed recovery.
2. Find a low-impact exercise you enjoy.
3. Give physical therapy a try: a physical therapist can help design an exercise program that fits your individual ability level and teach you proper techniques to spare your joints.
4. Get enough rest and relaxation.
5. Make sure you're getting enough sleep: arthritis pain can interfere with a good night's sleep. However, proper sleep is necessary for overall health.
6. Use ice and/or heat: for many people with arthritis pain, ice can help relieve pain and swelling and heat can help ease stiffness.
7. Apply a topical pain reliever:
8. Use an oral pain reliever: ask your doctor about your options. Oral pain medications are commonly used to treat osteoarthritis symptoms.
9. Consider injections: persistent arthritis pain may respond to treatment with injections. Available options include corticosteroids, which can be used up to 2 or 3 times a year to relieve severe pain. Talk to your doctor about the benefits and risks of injectable treatments for knee pain.
10. Talk to your doctor about surgery: if you have severe osteoarthritis symptoms that interfere with daily life and do not respond to conservative treatment, surgery may be necessary. Ask your doctor about arthroscopic procedures or total knee replacement, may be necessary.