Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. V Raja Sekhar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. V Raja SekharYour feedback matters!
Hallo Dr. I am sunil kumar and suffering from backache from last 2 month. I have tried pain relief cream but it did not work so I am here for your consult.
I have a problem in my elbow. When my elbow comes in touch with any object its start paining. What should I do?
Hi, worked out yesterday and my muscles are really sour today, my arm is beginning to swell up, please what should i do suggest something?
I have pain in my right leg, starting from behind thighs and behind knees. Some times I feel pain in bottom of my heel.
It cannot really be a nice situation to be in when a person happens to have osteoarthritis. So, while a lot of the effort to improve the situation is focused on making use of painkilling medicines, can physiotherapy help in such cases?
Well, the answer is a resounding yes! When osteoarthritis patients practice some physiotherapy on a regular basis, what they will find is that a fair amount of the freedom they had before the condition affected them would have returned. Is this not some great news?
- When it comes to active physiotherapy in order to improve a situation of osteoarthritis, it is generally divided to fall into categories. These categories are namely exercises in strengthening and exercises in flexibility. While the former group aims to make the joints stronger, the latter makes an effort to restore the normal functioning as a result of increasing the range of motion.
- Truth be told, it can be said that both are of very high importance in order to cause an improvement. In addition to this, following the directions of the physiotherapist is vital, as an expert knows what hero she is talking about!
- While a lot has been told about active physiotherapy, in order to fight osteoarthritis, what can be said of passive physiotherapy for the condition? There are three general categories of treatment under passive physiotherapy. They are heat therapy, cold therapy and hydrotherapy. The aim is to use the different sensations the three have so as to cause an improvement in the circulation of blood in the area or to reduce the extent of the pain and symptoms which are part and parcel of having osteoarthritis.
- Cold therapy usually takes place by the way of a cold compress which is applied to the knee. What the aim is, in this case, is that the amount of swelling in the region will reduce and so, the pain that is being felt will also recede, to some extent.
- On the other hand, in the case of heat therapy, improved blood flow helps decrease the amount of stiffness. Mobility is obviously an issue when it comes to having osteoarthritis and the best way to get mobile again is to do so in water where the impact is very minimal, as compared to other surfaces. This is why hydrotherapy exists and is so successful.
- A lot of osteoarthritis exercises can be done at home after the proper technique is learnt and with such benefits, everyone would wish to learn!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!