Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V N RavindranYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old and My cheeks are covered with black spots. Suggest me some ways to get rid of it?
I am 19 yrs old female. Sir I feel weakness in my body. My face becomes dull and shrinking and also my body built is getting weak day aftr day frm the last 6-7 months. Please suggest me what type of meal and nutrients I should eat? Or either I should start taking Any supplements?
I had developed fungal growth between my third and fourth fingers (from thumb side) of my right foot for a very long time. I have been applying rhus tox mixed with glycerine which gives some relief. Also, I have been taking rhus tox 30 orally as advised by a good homeopath. However, the problem has not disappeared. Please advise.
The prostate gland in males surrounds the urethra, through which urine and sperm are passed out of the body. Its function is to secrete a fluid, which provides nourishment to the sperm. It is about the shape of a walnut and is present between the pubic bone and the rectum.
As a man crosses 40, the prostate gland begins to increase in size due to an increase in the number of cells. This is known as hyperplasia. The condition is usually benign and therefore the name benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH). As it continues to grow, there is an increased pressure on the urethra. Therefore, there can be problems with urination. The bladder, being a muscular organ, compensates to some extent and so the problems with urination are mostly managed. If left untreated, this can continue to be a major problem and the bladder may not be able to compensate. In men who are 60-plus, BPH is very common.
Signs and symptoms
- One of the initial symptoms of BPH is when the urine stream begins to grow weak.
- There could also be a reduced speed of passing urine.
- Men with BPH never have a feeling of complete emptying of the bladder.
- On the other hand, there is also a constant difficulty in initiating a urine stream. There could be intermittent breaks in the urine stream.
- The person may feel the need to strain to initiate the stream and to ensure complete emptying.
- There could be dribbling of urine after passing urine.
- The duration between two bathroom visits can constantly reduce, with the constant urge to urinate.
- There is a constant urge to visit the bathroom, which is more common in the night. One of the most annoying features of BPH is the walking up at night to urinate, but with an inability to initiate a stream and an inability to completely empty the bladder, it leaves the person very irritated and frustrated.
- There could be blood in the urine. In fact, blood in the urine accompanied by fever, chills, nausea and vomiting are indications of an emergency.
- There could be blockage of urine completely, if the enlargement is quite severe.
If you are having any of these symptoms, then the doctor will first test for an enlarged prostate through a digital rectal exam. Then a test is done to check a chemical called prostate specific antigen. Increased levels of this chemical is almost always indicative of BPH. In addition, X-rays and scanning may be used to confirm diagnosis.
Though medications are available, confirmatory treatment is through surgical removal. The procedure needs a inimum of 2 to 3 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a urologist and ask a free question.
I feel some irritation on my face skin I use many products but there is no effect and also have periods with much pain.
I had various blisters on my back and lower part of my body in the past and the spots have remained on my body is there any way to remove those?
I have dark lips. And I don't smoke or have any bad habits. So what can I do to make them look beautiful?
I am loosing my skin fairness since I came to Chennai . How can I regain my skin fairness and shine. Also is there any way to look my face bulky, as I have a shrunken face.
Who does not want to turn back the ageing clock to look younger always.
Serums are meant to do the same. Can you expect a serum to make you really look younger than you are? First, understand the difference between anti-ageing creams and serums!
The key to differentiating between anti-ageing creams and serums is looking at how they work. In essence, both offer the same benefits. An anti-ageing cream or serum treats acne, wrinkles, sunspots and other common signs of ageing. However, while creams hydrate and nourishes the skin, serums work their way past the epidermis and thus penetrate deeper layers.
Some facts about anti-aging serums are:
- Anti-ageing serums can be used at any age but can also produce side effects.
- Some anti-ageing serums claim that women should start using them from when they turn 20, to maintain the glow of their skin. However, before you start using an anti-ageing serum, you must know what you're putting on your skin. Retinol that stimulates collagen production in the latter years can not only be ineffective but can also act as an irritant for the skin. Overusing a serum can also make your skin dry.
- Each serum affects different people in a different way.
- Skin care efficacy differs from person to person. While for some people exfoliating twice a week can make your skin brighter, others need a little more care. Don't look at the price to determine the effectiveness of the serum on your skin but take a look at the ingredients. If you're looking to reverse the damage of the past years on your skin, look for antioxidant-based serums.
- The same anti-ageing serum doesn't work for all ages.
As mentioned above, anti-ageing serums can be used by women of all ages. Since each anti-ageing serum addresses a different symptom of ageing, the type of serum you should use depends on the symptom of ageing you want to address. Thus, while you might want to use an anti-ageing serum that prevents wrinkles right now, later on, you may want to use one that removes sunspots.
To sum it up, an anti-ageing serum can't make your skin actually younger, but the right anti-ageing serum can make it happen.
If you wish to discuss any other Specific Problem, Consult a Dermatologist.