Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. V.MadhaviYour feedback matters!
Doc am afraid and she 21 year old without protection we had sex now we are afraid anything will happen so please suggest me to give her any tablet to away from pregnant and just few days away we had.
I have pcos I have irregular periods I have bleeding from last 18 days. Can I use styplon by Himalaya. To stop the bleeding. Can I use eve care by Himalaya. Ashokarishtha syrup. And lohasava syrup. One ayurvedic doctor suggested me the above medicines. How can I use those medicines.
So me an my boyfriend had unprotected sex June 15&25 an my period normally last 7 days but it only came on light for 3 days then after that I started having all the pregnancy symptoms and I haven't took a test yet. I don't know of I'm getting fat or if I'm actually pregnant.Please tell.
Good morning sir, I married 1 year before, due to m in police training I cannot meet frequently in intercourse, now I want child to conceive my wife so I request you kindly mention the ovulation dates after menstrual periods. Kindly give the information clearly dates. And my wife periods usually delay 2-10 days every month Kindly do the needful Thanking you.
Sodium commonly found in salt is usually consumed in excess in our food savouries. A lot of sodium is found in packaged foods in the form of additives preservatives too.
High sodium intake can be reduced by avoiding foods like
Pickles and papads
Sauces, ketchup spreads
Salted butter and popcorn
Namkeens and chips
Salted canned fish and other foods
The increasing use of raw amla and lemon juice in food along with good intake of water is beneficial for people with high blood pressure.
After having sex within how much time we get to know about pregnancy. By what symptoms we come to know.
As indicated by Ayurveda, good digestion, solid “agni” (the metabolic flame), quality functioning of the liver and an adjusted endocrine framework result in strong immunity. Immunity of the human body is said to be associated to an entity called “ojas” which is believed to be the subtle and positive essence of “kapha” an aspect which provides the body with vigour, strength, immunity and vitality. The general notion is that stronger the Agni, healthier the “ojas”, although other factors play a major role too. Therefore, it becomes important to protect your “ojas”. Protection of 'ojas' is possible when you are able to live in the present with pure and complete awareness. A number of ways to promote “ojas” and thereby, develop your immunity are listed below:
- Diet: Agni is bolstered by a dietary routine that minimizes refined sugars, stimulants and processed foods. The focus must be shifted to consumption of whole and healthy foods while maintaining a proper schedule. Inclusion of garlic, ginger, black pepper, long pepper, cinnamon, asafoetida in the diet is advised as it destroys poisons and bad bacteria, kindles Agni, promotes normal body temperature maintenance and eliminates the extra kapha.
- Get adequate sleep: It is proven that sleep deprivation in humans can cause a total loss of the immune functions of the body. Thus it becomes mandatory to adopt a balanced sleeping schedule where the minimum duration to be regularly maintained is 8 hours.
- Exercise: Appropriate exercise discharges collected strain, moves stagnant emotional and mental energy, enhances circulation, encourages proper elimination, improves digestion, supports sound sleep and promotes relaxation in the body. All these contribute to a healthy maintenance of the immune system. Adversely, improper exercise can prove to be damaging.
- Meditation and yoga: The different types of Ayurvedic practices, each having a different set of benefits, are advised to be adapted so that you can sustain immunity. Some of these practices include yoga, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Herbal support: Different types of herbs in the Ayurvedic tradition, each having an affinity for a certain type of tissue, are capable of supporting the immune system. The advisable herbal supports include chyavanprash, turmeric, ginger, Tulsi, Shatavatri, Ashwagandha, turmeric, tulsi, trifla, giloy, Bronchial Support Herbal Syrup, Immune Support tablets, etc.
- Regular detoxification: Regular detoxification (by Panchkarma procedures) of body as advised in Ayurveda , keeps basic body doshas ( Vats, pitta, kapha) in balance.
- Rejuvenation therapy- After detoxification certain ayurvedic drugs, herbs are given for a long duration for rejuvenation, longevity of life, immunity boosting. It also prevents and cure diseases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My wife was pregnant 8 weeks, but no fetus node occurs, no increase in fetus size just 10 mm today, dr.proceed for D&c and complete procedure. If the Dr. Do best or not. What are the precautions in next some days so that her health can improve also we want to proceed for tubactomy ,after how many days we can proceed for this. During this period of operation please tell me about safety of sex.
We all have heard our grandparents telling us, that drinking water stored in a copper vessel is beneficial to our health. So much so that some people have glasses and jugs made of copper that they use exclusively to store and drink water. So, do you think this belief really has any scientific logic?
According to ayurveda, water stored in a copper vessel has the ability to balance all the three doshas in your body, (vata, kapha and pitta) and it does so by positively charging the water. The water stored in a copper vessel is known as ‘tamara jal’ and is supposed to be consumed after storing the water in a copper vessel for at least eight hours.
When water is stored in a copper vessel, the copper gently leaches into the water and lends it all its positive properties. The best part about this water is that it never becomes stale and can be stored this way for long periods of time.
- Try drinking water stored in a copper vessel regularly. Apart from fine tuning our digestive system to perform better, copper also helps our body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently, thereby, helping our body keep only what it will use and throw out the rest, hence helping in weight loss.
- Copper has properties that stimulate peristalsis (the rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the stomach that helps food get digested and move along the digestive tract), kill harmful bacteria and reduce inflammation within the stomach, making it a great remedy for ulcers, indigestion and infections.
- Copper strengthens our immune system and aid in the production of new cells. Copper is also known to help wounds within the body, especially the stomach.
- Copper has been found to help regulate blood pressure, heart rate and lowers one’s cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also helps prevent the accumulation of plaque and has the documented effect of dilating blood vessels to allow better flow of blood to the heart.
- Copper is known to be oligodynamic in nature (the sterilizing effect of metals on bacteria), and can destroy bacteria very effectively. It is especially effective against e. Coli and s. Aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause severe illnesses in the human body. Copper is known to help prevent common water-borne diseases like diarrhoea, dysentery and jaundice.
- Copper has very potent anti-inflammatory properties. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints – like in the case of arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. This is why drinking water infused with copper is a great option for relief from aches and pains of these diseases.
- Right from cell formation to aiding in the absorption of iron, copper is an essential mineral for the functioning of your body. This is one of the reasons that it also helps in keeping anemia at bay. An essential component in the entire process of absorbing and using iron present in the body, copper helps keep the levels of haeme (iron) up and regulates its flow in your blood vessels.
- Copper is the main component in the production of melanin (a pigment that mitigates the color of your eyes, hair and skin) in our bodies. Apart from that copper also aids in the production of new cells that help replenish the top most layers of our skin. While melanin helps the body stay safe from sun damage, speeds up wound healing and covers up scars, the production of new cells is a boon for smooth, blemish-free and clear skin.
- While buying copper utensil, one very easy way to distinguish between pure copper and an adulterated version is to know that copper is a very soft metal and pure copper is difficult to mould into intricate shapes. So if the design of your copper vessel is very intricate, it is most probably not made with pure copper.
To wash copper utensil from inside, do not use a coarse scrub as it will tend to scrape away copper from the vessel. Instead, use one half of a lemon (you can squeeze out the juice) and rub it on the inside of the vessel. Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then wash off with plain water. Alternatively you could also try using baking soda with water. Use this mixture to coat the inside of the vessel and allow it to stand for a few minutes and rinse away the excess baking soda.
Drinking water twice or thrice in a day from a copper vessel is more than enough to reap its benefits.
I have severe night time back pain and knee muscle pain after the delivery of my baby. My weight is 65 kgs and height 5 ft. I breastfeed my baby in sleeping position. Please give some good medication.
Hi Sir, My girlfriend has taken about 8 ipill last 1 year. Now periods every month only 1 day coming. Before using ipill normally 5-6 day periods time, but now only 1 day in Every month. But we got into such situations. Can you please answer this. Is this any problem for that. Pls answer me.
Yesterday I had sex with my boyfriend and took I pill. Now today its paining after piing when I am washing with plenty water. And I found blood clot in that. What should I do?
My name is Dr. Asha Khatri. I had passed MD in 1977 and obstetrics and gynecology from Pandit LNM Medical College, Raipur with gold medal and distinction. My special interests are infertility, high risk pregnancy, delivery and endoscopy. Today I am going to share with you some important topics related to obstetric which will help you in taking the proper decision. Premarital counseling is very important because so many conditions which you are not aware of can affect your obstetric outcome.
First you should know the HIV status of both the partners because if one is HIV positive the other can get the infection from the partner and if the mother is HIV positive then the baby can get infection from the mother during pregnancy. At the time of delivery, RH factor is decided by the type of protein on the red blood cells and it is also called NTJ. Most of the people have protein or RH Factor on the red blood cells and they are said to be RH positive and those they do not have the RH factor of protein on the cells are said to be RH negative. If RH negative mother carries an RH positive fetus during pregnancy, a small amount of leak or fetal blood cells takes place into the maternal circulation during pregnancy and at the time of delivery mother's body produces antibodies to fight the RH factor on the fetal red blood cells. These antibodies cross the placenta and reach the fetus and they destroy the fetal red cells and produce a condition called hemolytic disease of the newborn. In mild cases, the baby will develop the jaundice ; In moderate cases, it is the anemia of the newborn ; and in the sever cases the baby dies inside the uterus.
There is a way to prevent the formation of her body from forming antibodies rh- globulin containing RH. Antibodies should be injected into the Rh negative mother during pregnancy and just after delivery with readymade antibodies now available. The mother's body seems no need to make her own antibodies.
Thalassemia is a genetic blood disorder affecting the red blood cells it affects 7-8% of the Indian population. Some of the high risk communities are Sindhi Punjabi's lohanas Maymans and Bhanushalis.
Two main forms of thalassemia are:
- Thalassemia minor
- Thalassemia major.
Thalassemia Minor- People with thalassemia minor generally healthy, though they may suffer from mild anemia.
Thalassemia Major- Child with thalassemia major is born when both parents are carriers of thalassemia minor. Thalassemia major is a fatal blood disorder.
A regular transfusion is essential to enable proper growth and development of the child throughout the life. Proper planning and use of 100% sure and safe method of contraception should be used to avoid the unwanted pregnancy before marriage.
Now I am going to tell you about pre-pregnancy counseling. Antenatal care begins long before the patient becomes pregnant. All the patients should visit the gynecologist before pregnancy. Those patients who are at risk of medical and offset complications should visit to know when to become pregnant. Medical complications like diabetes, hypertension, thyroid, asthma, tuberculosis during pregnancy can cause genetic disorder. If patient has genetic disorder then they can choose not to become pregnant and may decide for adoption. Follic acid should be started three months before becoming pregnant to prevent the development of neural tube defects like spinal bifida and anencellaly.
For more information you can contact me through lybrate.com
The most common dietary problem that every vegetarian comes across is protein deficiency. It was a widely acknowledged fact that animal products are the best protein sources. However, it is no longer so, and vegetarians everywhere can now rejoice!
Here are the 13 best sources of protein for vegetarians:
- Green peas: Green peas are legumes, which are a very good protein source. They contain 7.9 grams of protein per serving.
- Quinoa: Grains usually contain very little protein, but quinoa is unique. It contains 8 grams of protein per serving; and contains all nine important amino acids that your body needs for repair and growth.
- Nuts and nut butter: Nuts are a good source of proteins and healthy fats. However, eat them with caution, as they do contain 160 calories per serving. Butter made from nuts like peanut butter and almond butter is also a good source of protein.
- Beans: Beans are available in a variety of colours and shapes, but all of them have one thing in common that is the high level of protein.
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas are also from the legume family, so they also contain high amounts of protein; 7.3 grams of protein in only half of a serving.
- Tofu and tempeh: Tempeh and tofu are both soy products and they have the highest amount of vegetarian proteins, about 15-20 grams per serving.
- Edamame: Edamame or soybean is excellent for snacking. They contain 8.4 grams of protein in just half a cup.
- Leafy greens: Vegetables usually do not contain much protein, but eating green vegetables will significantly add to your protein consumption. For example, you can eat one cup of cooked broccoli as that contains 8.1 grams of protein.
- Hemp: Blend hemp seeds in smoothies or baked goods to get your daily dose of protein. Hemp contains 10 grams of protein per tablespoon.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds contain 4.7 grams of protein per two tablespoons, making them excellent sources of protein.
- Seitan: This is a meat substitute made from wheat gluten and it contains 36 grams of protein per serving (about half a cup).
- Non-dairy milk: Milk made from soy (best non-dairy protein source), almond, rice and hemp are good dairy substitutes.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: This will surprise you, but bitter cocoa contains nearly 1 gram of protein per serving (1 tablespoon)! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Hello, I am trying to get pregnant from 1 year and doctor prescribed me duphaston 10 mg and susten 200 from 18th day of cycle for 20 days one for morning and one at night. After 14 days of taking these tablets I started bleeding that is like brown and not heavy. I am so disturbed now becoz I am still on these medicines and period started is it really a period of something else shall I continue medicines or stop. please suggest. Thanks.
Is there any Medicine apart from therapy, counseling, explanation that I can increase desire for sex in my wife? There is no emotional, social problems. It's like she think it ugly and once in 3 month when she get sever feel she is doing great. I want to have her that feeling once a week or 15 days. Please suggest medicine if that works.
Vaginal problems are very common and a little awareness can enable women to take care of this delicate region of their body. Vaginal infections are the most irritable and hurtful and lack of education on the same makes it difficult to prevent them; from burning and itching to unpleasant odour, most women have faced these infections at some point of their lives.
Here are few points you must know about to stay clear of these infections.
1. Vaginal infections: vagina contains bacteria and yeast which are good and maintain the health of the area. However, things like change in levels of hormones, poor hygiene, pregnancy, sexual contact, antibiotics, disturb the balance of health, thus causing infections. Most common types of vaginal infections are: bacterial infections, yeast infections, trichomonas vaginitis. While there exist over-the-counter cure for these infections, it is best to visit your gynecologist and get the infections diagnosed & treated.
2. Cervix inflammation: infection or inflammation in the cervix is called cervicitis. It is pretty common and is influenced by a number of factors like allergies, infections or irritations - it is important to know the cause of cervicitis because in the long run, it could pose a problem with fertility. Symptoms of cervicitis include foul smelling vaginal discharge, pain during passing urine, pelvic pain, abnormal bleeding like bleeding after sexual contact or between periods. Cervicitis is treated with the help of anti-fungal medications, antibiotics and anti-viral medications depending upon the evaluation of the underlying cause.
3. Pelvic and uterine infection: infection in the uterus and pelvis is also a matter which should not be left untreated. It can present with pain lower abdomen, pain during intercourse, frequent and painful urination. The infection can be caused by various organisms which can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease which in turn can spread to the uterus, ovaries and the fallopian tubes.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
A woman's reproductive health is affected by several factors. It plays a very important role in maintaining your overall physiological health. Anomalies in the reproductive system can lead to irregularities in the menstrual cycle and cause severe complications when you try to conceive a child.
There are many signs and symptoms of reproductive disorders in women. It differs from case to case, depending on the exact nature of the disorder and the medical status of the patient. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, consult a healthcare specialist right away. Some such signs are as follows:
- Persistent and unusual pain in the pelvic and abdominal region that lasts for more than six months
- Vaginal bleeding or spotting in between periods
- Periods occurring in unusual or irregular time intervals
- Excessively painful cramping during periods that is not alleviated by the intake of painkillers
- Presence of blood in urine
- Sudden fluctuations in body weight and changes in general physical appearance
- Irregularities in sleeping habits and patterns
In most cases, reproductive disorders in women are caused by fluctuations in hormone levels which can be triggered by various factors. Mental dysfunction and emotional stress can also manifest themselves as disorders of the female reproductive system. Treatment of the disorder and alleviation of symptoms is done by conducting a thorough medical analysis of the signs by a specialist and providing a diagnosis accordingly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.