Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Eating Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Panic Disorders
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Treatment of Autism
Submit a review for Dr. V. George ReddyYour feedback matters!
The concept of alternative medicine is no more a novel proposition. It is a tried and tested way of dealing with physical as well as psychological problems. The aim of “Ayurveda” is to strike a corrective balance amongst three essential kinds of energies present in the human body. Ayurveda classifies these energies as 'Vata', 'Pitta', 'Kapha”. While “Vata” deals with bodily functions related to circulation of blood or breathing, “Pitta” primarily deals with metabolism. On the other hand, Kapha is concerned with regulation of growth in the varied organs and cells of your body. Anxiety disorder is a crushing problem if left unattended; Ayurvedic care and certain significant changes in your way of life can treat the condition.
Ayurveda asks you to adhere to the following guidelines to control anxiety disorder:
- Basil has wide ranging effects on your anxiety: Add basil leaves to a bowl of water and let it boil. Once the mixture cools down, drops of this juice can be poured down your nostrils. Basil is known to have calming effects on your mind. It is often advised for its ability to fight stress piling up in a human mind with every passing day. Chewing basil leaves can render the same benefits.
- Add these substances to your bath water: Bathing leads to relaxation and plays a key role in controlling your anxiety. You could be anxious due to familial issues or work related matters; a bath at the end of the day soothes your mind helping you to think clearly. Using ginger and baking soda in your bath water can further relieve you from being unnecessarily anxious.
- Drink your orange juice with a difference now: Orange juice, when taken in combination with honey, acts on an increased heart rate. It lowers down a person’s heart rate and also treats anxiety disorder. Oranges, as you know, are rich in vitamin C and can tackle stress by decreasing the effects of cortisol. Cortisol is better known as the stress hormone. So avoid sugar and try honey instead with your daily share of orange juice.
- Add almonds and saffron to your glass of milk: The one glass of milk that you drink regularly for nutrition and calcium can be made way more nourishing by adding saffron, almonds, nutmeg powder and ginger to it. This concoction helps in curing a frazzled nervous system thus, ridding you of anxiety disorder. Milk with almonds and saffron should be spiced to maintain the myelin sheath on each nerve of your body. This fatty layer does have a very calming influence on you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Hello, I'm a mother of 5 year old. Feeling very depressed now days, lots of mood swings. Loosing interest in everything.
I have the problem of weight gain regularly, that is now 89 k.g.With the problem of mental stress that is occur from no job yet at the age of 30, my body slowly but surely creates inactive ties on my mind. Please help me to back me on the main stream of life.
Hi, I'm 20 years old medical student my problem is having confusion about each and everything whether its small or big. I can not take decisions. Always confused even after making a decision. Even I have to think that if m hungry or not. Now this is becoming a big problem for my health as well as my life. Afterall I have to make decisions in my decisions. Help me plz!
My father is taking alcohol since 15 yrs. Even he did not stopped right now. He is not willing to consult doctor for treatment to stop alcohol consumption. please advice me to stop him from drinking without knowing him.
I am a 24 year old girl. I suffer from anxiety and stress. The problem aggravates in certain situations. I have a very important presentation to give in the next 10 days. I am afraid ill suffer from an anxiety attack. Is there any sort of instant medication I can take to avoid it?
Feeling tired all the time? Do you feel that you can’t focus on things anymore? Have you lost interest in things and people you once loved spending time with? Does your temper fly off the hook at the drop of a hat? If it is a ‘yes’ to the questions above, then you might be slowly but steadily succumbing to depression. Depression is a psychological disorder that is characterized by symptoms of extreme sadness, worthlessness and hopelessness over a prolonged period of time.
- Lack of Interest: This is probably the starkest of all the symptoms. Hobbies or activities that you used to enjoy once no longer catch your fancy. You do not find little or no pleasure in social activities or any other hobby of yours anymore.
- A constant Feeling of Hopelessness: You tend to develop a negative outlook towards life in general, as you feel that the current situation will never get better and will only worsen.
- Loss of Appetite: Loss of appetite is a common feature of depression; it can also lead to rapid weight loss. If engulfed by depression, one generally tends to ignore food completely, remain hungry, both of which contribute to the vicious cycle that depression is.
- Changes in Sleep Patterns: Insomnia is a condition that is marked by a sheer inability to sleep, no matter how physically exhausted one is. Depression tends to exhibit this particular symptom in maximum cases. However, oversleeping, or sleeping more than the sufficient hours is also common.
- Reckless Behavior: Depression makes one more prone to reckless behavior; one generally develops an angry and irritated persona; this in turn, may make one to exhibit reckless and rash behavior.
- Lack of Energy and Focus: Depression causes one to feel fatigued and sluggish the entire day. Factors such as a total loss of appetite contribute to this particular symptom. Stemming from these symptoms are two other major occurrences; an inability to focus on anything and an inability to decide on anything.
Self-help, Coping tips and Treatment-
- Connect with different people: Being isolated from the rest can and usually aggravates symptoms of depression. So, reach out to other people and your loved ones; talk to your loved ones and try to empty your mind when you are having a one-to-one with them. Interacting and talking to others will make you feel better and should go a long way in taking that huge rock off your chest.
- Try to ditch that sedentary lifestyle; go out in the open: An early morning jog can feel daunting at first but the benefits are immense. Exercising regularly has been proven to be as effective as anti-depressants in combatting depression. Even a 20 minutes jog early in the morning releases ‘endorphins’ in the body, also known as the ‘feel good hormones’. These hormones induce a feeling of happiness and relaxation, thus taking your mind off any particular event or circumstance that has been ruining your sanctity of late.
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs: Avoid alcohol and drugs to come out of your sadness; they have never helped and will never help. Taking these substances provides a temporary solution to depression, as it will again show up once the effects of the intoxicants wear off. It will also interfere with other medications that you may be taking to combat depression, thus reducing their potency.
- It’s high time you bought the meditating mat: Sleep has a beneficial effect on your mental health as it has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive and brain functions. Another way to improve brain function and be more relaxed is to meditate regularly. Meditation induces a state of relaxation, and if done on a regular basis, can be an effective treatment for depression. Meditation also helps with an improved focus and reduced anxiety.
- Medications can always help: Medications such as anti-depressants are administered to treat depression. Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), including citalopram, fluoxetine and sertraline are the most commonly administered medications to cure this condition. However, it is advised to try the abovementioned methods first so that you do not have to depend on medications alone; the reason being that these medications do have their fair share of side effects.