Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. V. Chandra ChudYour feedback matters!
His name is gaurav and is my friend. He smokes cigarettes daily. How can he quite smoking. Can it cause danger to his health.
I am 21 years old. I have been suffering from hamstring injury. I have been given some pain killer tablets. But that are not working. Kindly tell me which medicines to take. How many days will it take to recover?
I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to my self all the time. Please help me.
Depression is a very common phenomenon in contemporary times. It mostly affects those in their teenage and even those who are in their early thirties. Depression can be caused due to many reasons and must be treated quickly to prevent it from turning into a chronic illness with other side effects. Common symptoms of depression include less socialising, less talking with people and sitting at home or locked behind doors for long duration. At times, one even reduces the intake of food and remains in an agitated mood for a long period of time. When it becomes severe cases, medicines need to be administered to the patients to bring them out of their depression.
The interesting part of this condition is that the patient sometimes knows that he/she is suffering from depression and should try to get out of it.
Homeopathy for Depression and Anxiety
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat depression and anxiety but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several medicines are available for depression treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, condition, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the commonly indicated homeopathic medicines are listed here:
Aurum Metallicum- This medicine helps recover from deep-seated depression. The patient requiring this medicine is likely to have lost interest in life. There is a sense of loathing for life, lack of joy, loss of smile, loss of hope. He may have seen a very hectic and even successful career; and due to some triggers, there would be a U-turn and the person falls into deep valley of depression.
Manganese- This metal medicine has ample of gloominess, depression and sadness.
Here are some of the tips and tricks of coping with depression:
Overcome your thoughts with positivity: When in depression, one feels lethargic, is overcome by negative thoughts and cannot focus on doing anything. This needs to be challenged and battled with. During this time, you need to repeatedly convince yourself that there will good and bad times and there is always a way to deal with it. The bad phase would disappear just as it had come, and there is no point sulking on it now. Don’t let the negativity lead to more depression, as a healthy person still lives inside you.
Get fresh air daily: Going out for a walk or even sitting in the balcony to get some fresh air and morning sunlight can do wonders when you are suffering from depression. Light slowly eats away the darkness in you and helps you see the positive side of things.
Eat healthy food: There is a tendency to either give up on food or to eat a lot of junk food like pizza, chocolate and ice cream during this phase. This must be avoided. What is seen as depression eating is actually binge eating and can have serious consequences on your health and weight. Instead, healthy and regular meals should be eaten and meals should not be skipped at all.
- Stay connected: You must stay connected with people, even if it means bringing a forced smile on your face. This can do wonders in helping you cope with your depression.
Remember those times when you just got engaged or were dating or even early months after marriage. How curious, open and enthusiastic you were about knowing every little detail about your partner. You would keep a tab on likes and dislikes, favorite restaurant and favorite food. You would absorb everything he or she would share like a sponge and hungry for more. Those were fun and exciting times. You seemed to be in a flow, it was effortless.
What happened to your dream of happily ever after. And, even important question is what have you been doing to achieve your dream of happily ever after. You might be thinking we are staying together, have known each other in a more realistic way, the 'honeymoon effect' and the initial romance has to fade away. That is the way of life. We are perhaps now closer to reality then we were in those months.
We need to compromise and adjust, isn't that the demand of each marriage. What if I ask you to think and compare your happily ever after with your dream career. Would you be able to achieve the same with this low energy approach of adjusting and compromising. No, rather you need to pursue it with lot of passion. You need to think about different strategies and grow continuously.
You would do anything and everything to make it happen. What will happen if your relationship is as important as your life's work. It is this shift and this desire that makes any relationship successful and make love last forever.
What is the secret?
The secret is to show up every day for your relationship to make it thrive. As you wake up each day commit to each other. Instead of taking each other and your relationship granted, give it your attention, time and efforts it deserves. Respect, accept and acknowledge your partner in little ways. Show love and support. It.s not just a surprise birthday party or grand annual vacation that takes you towards successful marriage; it is those little things each day that you do to show that you care! Each marriage is unique. Each marriage has its own struggles, challenges, successes etc. In my practice I help clients understand that it isn't healthy to compare their relationship with other relationships for a lot of reasons including you don't really know what goes on behind closed doors. What works for one marriage, may not work for another.
Focus on your marriage and identify your unique strengths and challenges. Then get busy creating a stronger foundation. These are the few tips that will help you get started:
- Listen to understand and accept, not to judge or blame.
- Turn towards each other, not against each other (you are a team not competitors!)
- Create daily rituals to connect and share about your day.
- Increase your emotional bank account, more positivity through small daily actions than negative feedback.
- Appreciate and acknowledge each other, not taking each other for granted.
- Support each other.s dream . not ridiculing them.
- Create your shared dream and meaning in life. (What do you stand for as a family. What do you want to achieve and how can you each contribute in this bigger picture).
Good news is that if willing, you can learn how to utilize your unique strengths as a couple to increase connection, love and intimacy in your marriage. In a 'Marriage Enrichment Program', you can also learn about utilizing conflict as a stepping stone to know each other at deeper level and feel understood and loved.
We spend a majority of our time in office. Naturally, the atmosphere of the office affects the way we perceive things around us - our moods, passions and personality. How do you like your office atmosphere? Do you enjoy working with your colleagues? Do you feel respected? It is essential for you to have an affirmative answer to each of these questions, for your own good. But if it is not so, what can you do?
- Shift: Staying in a negative space will pull you down and harm you. If possible, ask to be transferred to another department. Few of us have the luxury of quitting on a whim. So, update your resume and spread the word that you're looking for a change. Don't quit your current job without having a back-up plan in place. However, when looking for a new job, keep the things you don't like about your current job in mind, so that you don't find yourself in a similar situation again.
- Find like-minded people: No matter how many colleagues you don't get along with, there must be a few you like. Watch their back and ask them to watch yours. Whenever you hear of anything that might affect the people around you, share the news with them but with discretion. Limit your interaction with people who pull you down and drain your energy.
- Document everything: Don't let things come to a my word against your's situation. This can be very stressful and harm your health. As far as possible, ensure all your communication is recorded in the form of emails, messages etc. Do not rely on someone else to take notes at meetings, rather make your own. Keeping a work diary is a good idea.
- Lead by example: Negative people feed off negativity around them. If you are a positive person, they will gradually begin avoiding you themselves or you might even make a positive impact on them. Respect people you work with and you will get their respect in return. Before condemning people, take a look at yourself and ensure that you aren't doing anything to attract that kind of behavior.
- Do something about it: Complaining can get things off your chest but often do nothing to change the situation. Be a part of the solution to the negativity in your office. Be regular with your own work and stick to your deadlines. If you need something, follow up with people instead of expecting them to follow up with you.
Lastly, don't try too hard to change the system. You can only control your own life. If you see your efforts going to waste, get back to that resume and start sending it out.
I have got an anxiety of being suffer from rabbies. I read about it a lot in internet. Every morning I woke up fearing from fear of water. Every moment I spent thinking what would happen if I get rabbies' and this kind of thought .How could I get relief? actually I touch saliva of nilgai in a zoo. No open wound must'nt present on my hand at that time. But not able to convince myself.
I smoke 5 cigarette a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
I was a good runner earlier. But recently I started smoking. Afer a hard try I don't smoke anymore but it reduced my stamina. Is there anything that can increase my stamina and make me active again. Thank you.
Hi my problem is that i am in a love affair from last 8 year. It was pretty good for first 2 years den afterwards she got admission in MCA and got spoiled like her friends. She started speaking lies every now and then and started hiding many things. Last year I came to know that she was talking to a friend of her on regular basis that too after my instruction to not to talk to him since he was taking too much interest in her. But 1 day she forgot her phone in my car where I read that they are still in contact. On my confrontation she told me that she was only helping him due to some problem in his home. Although I couldn't find any message which anything wrong. But since then I have become very insecure because she use to take my guidance in her every decision then how come she took such a big decision without my consent and that too after my restriction to talk to him.Although she says she has never ever thought of any other person in her life. I am getting very insecure now and whenever she talks about her collegue n friends I start doubting. This insecurity is affecting me like hell and bring my morale down quite frequently. Although we love each other but we fight a lot. I am not even able to leave her as the relationship is so old and she love me a lot. But I am scared if later I came to know that she even had a fling then I wont be able to control myself. I don't know what to do as neither I am able to leave her nor accept her totally. Moreover after that incidence I am finding myself unable to trust her and thats why not able to love her or trust her completely. How can I know the truth behind this. I tried many things but dont have any proof. I beg you please help me out of this condition.
*it creates enemies around you.
*bhagavadgita preaches (ch-2, slokam-63)---
I. With anger you lose your balance and your mind gets clouded.
Ii) you forget about your surroundings.
Iii) with that, you will lose the capacity of distinguishing between what is right and what is wrong.
Iv) that will lead you to your down fall.
*recollect these ill effects of anger whenever you face such situations and pause before you react with anger.
*learn to tolerate other's views and pardon their mistakes.
Thinking about dangers and risks is a normal phenomenon, it helps us to stay alert and to become a good problem solver. It’s only when worrying gets out of a person’s control, it turns into a problem. If a person is constantly preoccupied with “what-if " and keeps imagining worst-case scenarios, worry actually turns into the cause for high pulse rate, insomnia, poor mental and physical health.
Here are 4 simple steps to cope with anxiety and worry.
1. Breathing technique: The first thing to do when you get anxious is to take deep breath. Deep breathing is a powerful anxiety-reducing technique because it activates the body’s relaxation response. Try slowly inhaling to a count of 5, filling your belly first and then your chest, gently holding your breath to a count of 5, and slowly exhaling to a count of 5 and repeat several times.
2. Accept that you’re anxious: Remember anxiety is just a feeling, like any other feeling, by reminding yourself that anxiety is simply an emotional reaction, you can start to accept it. Acceptance is critical because trying to eliminate anxiety often worsens it. But accepting your anxiety doesn’t mean liking it or resigning yourself to a miserable existence. It just means you would benefit by accepting reality as it is – and in that moment, reality means 'anxiety' you are feeling.
3. Question your worries. When people are anxious, most of the time their brains start coming up with all sorts of unrealistic ideas, which most likely will never occur. To avoid unnecessary worry, one should ask himself / herself a few questions like:
- Is there a reason to believe something is wrong?
- What evidence is there that something is wrong?
- If the worst possible outcome happens, what would be so bad about that?
- What are the options I can use to handle the situation at hand?
4. Focus on right now: When people are anxious, they are usually obsessing about something that might occur in the future. It is important that when a person becomes anxious, he/she takes a deep breath and pay attention to what’s happening right now, around them. Even if something serious is happening, focusing on the present moment will improve your ability to manage the situation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.