Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Usha RaniYour feedback matters!
Going thru ovulation study. Clomiphene citrate day 3 to 7, Hmg 75 on day2 and day 4. Today its 9th day- 11×10mm in right ovary & 5×6mm in left ovary. endometrium-5.3mm (my extra from day 2 to15) What to do? My doctor ask me to go for another ultrasound on day 12 to see if 11×10mm egg reaches maturity. But she didn't gave me another hmg injection today as the follicles are not dominant? So this cycle is a waste?
pregnancy test (prega) is negative. Is there still chance of pregnancy? She is having scanty bleeding and back pain.
tips about LASIK laser corneal refractive surgery
The basic principal of corneal refractive surgery is to induce a change in curvature of the cornea to correct the preexisting refractive error.
Method of surgery:-
Epithelial-stromal flap created by sharp microkeratome or a femtosecond laser, then underlying stroma is ablated with eximer laser to correct refractive error. The corneal flap is repositioned over stroma without sutures.
Typical refractive limitations:-
Spherical range -10.0d to +4.0d,
Cylindrical range up to 4.0 d (glass power: in diaopter)
Advantage of LASIK laser surgery:-
* minimum pain
* rapid visual recovery
* minimum corneal haze
Contraindication to LASIK laser:-
* no ideal for thin cornea
* corneal dystrophy
* severe dry eye
* in glaucoma
Complications of LASIK:
* corneal flap dislocation
* corneal ulcer
* corneal haze
* decrease or increase of refractive error
* dry eye syndrome
1. Go for a walk - If you live close to your workplace then quit taking your two or four wheeler to work. Better still, even a public transport is a strict NO. Either ride a bicycle or simply choose to walk down the lane. While at work, avoid sitting for consecutive hours at your workstation. Take a break and walk in your office complex after lunch with friends. When at home, avoid being a couch potato. Head for an early morning walk to the nearby park. You may even take a leisure-walk in your garden area or in the street nearby post dinner. Walking is indeed the easiest way to stay fit!
2. Replace the elevator with stairs - Use the stairs instead of the elevator. You don’t waste any time and you don't have to go out of your way to work on your health! At places with escalators, walk up the stairs it's no harm. It's easy and can be done daily.
3. Simple Exercises - Spending a lot of time in front of the television or desktop? Why not utilize it with some stretching exercises. While you're at home do some yoga, stretching or sit ups and during your office hours, simply do some eyes, legs, wrist and neck rotation exercises. This way, you will keep yourself distracted and at ease.
4. Use music as a stress buster – Music keeps your brain relaxed making you more energetic and lively. Have some fun while doing your daily chores at home and work. Play some peppy music and dance to those tunes. Not only will your mood be elated but this will also help you burn some extra calories. While at work, its best to put on your headphones and bid work-load stress goodbye. This will calm your nerves and will help you focus better!
5. Don't outsource house work - You can start doing more of high energy things like washing your car, getting a cup of coffee/tea from the office cafeteria, digging the garden or reorganizing the closet to include physical activity in your lifestyle! Usually you have someone to help you with these little home and office chores. However, if you chalk out some time and do these simple things, not only will you save on money but also add a really healthy practice in your schedule.
Now that you have these smart tips, include them in your lifestyle and prepare for a better and healthier future!
Dr Jayesh Pavra. (M D Medicine)
I had my periods regularly for 7 months after delivery but I missed it from past 3 months. I did home pregnancy test, result was negative. I'm breastfeeding my baby regularly since his birth. Is it common to miss menses this way?
I have a child of seven month. MC has stopped. But I don't want any child yet. MC date has crossed 2 days. What to do? Please suggest me.
Hi Please help fast Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex it's been 12 hours what should do to avoid pregnancy? She is 18 should she take ipill?
Hy I lickss my girl friends vagina onve a week for 10 to 15 is iss licking un healthy for us? Nd I eat that vaginal fluid that come from her vagina is that thing unhealthy for me?
hi madam my Female friend of mine wants to know that is it safe if she consume ipill/unwanted 72 while she is already taking medicine of urine infection.
I have irregular periods again. I used to take some Ayurvedic medicine till December from which they were coming very regular. Since I stopped my periods again started to get irregular. Everytime it skips, more my weight increases. I used to be 42 kilos ten years ago! I started going to gym regularly now. Earlier in college my periods were fairly regular. Then in 2012 I did a sonography and the doc said my ovaries had cysts. With the Ayurvedic medicine my periods became very regular (35 day cycle) but I stopped as he said I can stop it. But now again my periods are irregular and my weight has increased so much in the past few months (from 52 to 57!)
Can there be increase in endometrial lining thickness becoz of uterine polyp. Is it possible to have polyp of size 8.4mm for endometrium lining of 13mm thickness?
I am 30 Yrs old women n married. Having 3 Children. I have 2 Question 1st is I had 3 cesarian n my stomach is big how can I reduce that 2nd is in my feet my fingers are rupturing n my hand fingers also. I have dry skin I always wanted to put water on my hands n legs which I put due to that may b my feet is getting pain. I can not explain what exactly is that n during night I apply moisturizer. Every Time I cannot use moisturizer as I can not effort it n also It will go directly or indirectly in my kids mouth.
My wife is 38 years old and for last one months she is having occasional bleeding like mensuration in small quantity, kindly suggest the test and treatment for her.
While it is well known that smoking causes lung cancer, heavy smokers with diabetes are also at increased risk of death from causes other than lung cancer, according to a study being presented next week at the annual meeting of the radiological society of north america (rsna).
Diabetes is a chronic illness in which there are high levels of glucose in the blood. More than 29 million people in the u. S. Have diabetes, up from the previous estimate of 26 million in 2010, according to a report released by the centers for disease control and prevention. One in four people with diabetes doesn't know he or she has it. Having diabetes can also put people at risk for numerous other health complications.
To determine the extent to which diabetes is associated with deaths from lung cancer, other cancers, and other causes among heavy smokers, researchers examined the risk for all-cause mortality among people with and without diabetes within the national lung screening trial (nlst), a massive, multicenter trial that compared low-dose helical ct with chest x-ray for early detection of lung cancer in current and former heavy smokers.
" in our study, we found a statistically significant link between diabetes and all-cause deaths, non-lung cancer deaths and lung cancer deaths in women" said kavita garg, m. D, professor of radiology from the university of colorado -- denver.
For the study, Dr. Garg and colleagues looked at data from 53, 454 participants in the nlst and identified 5, 174 participants who reported having diabetes at screening.
They conducted an analysis of the relative risk for overall mortality, lung cancer mortality, and non-lung cancer mortality associated with diabetes, adjusting for age, gender, body mass index (bmi), and pack-years of smoking. Over the course of the study, there were 3, 936 total deaths, including 1, 021 from lung cancer and 826 from cancers not of the lung.
Participants with diabetes tended to be older, reported more pack-years of smoking, and had a higher bmi than those without diabetes. There were 650 deaths (12.6 percent of patients) among participants with diabetes and 3, 286 deaths (6.8 percent of patients) among participants without diabetes.
" we found that diabetes doubles the risk for all-cause mortality and non-lung cancer mortality among heavy smokers" Dr. Garg said" we also found that women with diabetes have an increased risk of lung-cancer mortality, but did not find the same effect in men"
The researchers continue to analyze data in an effort to better understand the underlying cause. In the meantime, Dr. Garg emphasizes the importance of taking control of diabetes and undergoing lung cancer screening if you're a smoker.
" patients have to take care of their diabetes to maximize the benefit of ct screening for lung cancer" she said" it truly makes a magnitude of difference in mortality risk"