Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Usha
Submit a review for Dr. UshaYour feedback matters!
Diets high in saturated fat increase the risk of prostate cancer. As per a report from University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston published in the International Journal of Cancer:
Men who consume high saturated animal fat diet are two times more likely to experience disease progression after prostate cancer surgery than men with lower saturated fat intake.
There is also shorter "disease–free" survival time among obese men who eat high saturated fat diet compared with non–obese men consuming diets low in saturated fat.
Men with a high saturated fat intake had the shortest survival time free of prostate cancer (19 months)
Non–obese men with low fat intake survived the longest time free of the disease (46 months).
Non–obese men with high intake and obese men with low intake had "disease–free" survival of 29 and 42 months, respectively.
Take home messages
High saturated fat diet has been linked to cancer of the prostate
Reducing saturated fat in the diet after prostate cancer surgery can help reduce cancer progression.
Cancer prostate has the same risk factors as that of heart blockages and both are linked to high saturated fat intake.
With an increase in number of heart patients, a corresponding increase in prostate cancer patients is also seen in the society.
I am 25 years old female I had breast cyst and it was benign before 8 months I operated that but now I noticed the recurrence so what could I do to stop recurrence of the lumps and cysts. Please reply fast.
The prostate is a small gland positioned around the urethra and is responsible for creating the fluid to be ejaculated that contains semen. Commonly described as the shape and size of a walnut, the prostate has many important functions within the male reproductive system. Reports of cancer of this organ have become very frequent. Ayurveda has very effective treatments that not only stop the spread of the cancer, but can actually cause partial or full remission.
Some Ayurvedic treatments for Prostate cancer:
- Haritaki and Terminalia Chebula: When mixed with honey and ghee, this medication is known to be very effective in treating anemia. However, it is also very effective in fighting tumors and cancer cells and thus is both a supplement to the body as well as fighter of illnesses.
- Amalaki or Emblica Officinalis: One of the most used and go to remedies within Ayurveda is amalaki which is frequently used to cure digestive problems. It is also an antioxidant and quickly drains out free radicals from within the body. This helps in cancer treatment, immunity boosting and improving metabolism.
- Vibhitaki or Terminalia Belerica: This is an excellent medication, which is very beneficial in purifying blood and removing toxins from the body. It is very good in increasing red blood cell count, which is very important when the body is fighting any form of cancer. Thus it is effective in the case of prostate cancer as well.
- Guduchi or Giloy: This medication is very good to fight calcium deficiency and is very effective at fighting infections as well. This is necessary to ensure that the body is protected while it is fighting the cancerous cells.
- Curcumin or Curcuma Longa: This is one of the wonder drugs being touted around as the next big thing in fighting cancer. Curcumin is the primary chemical in turmeric and is known to be very effective in the prevention of growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Punarnava or Boerhavia Diffusa: This is a great medication, which helps improve blood flow to and from the kidneys and also helps in increasing the count of red blood cells. All these properties make this particular species of flowering plant an absolute master when it comes to preventing prostate cancer.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda and ask a free question.