Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Usha MullapudiYour feedback matters!
My mom age is 46 year old and she is having heart issue, so cardiologist doctor suggested norpace 100 mg medicine, but its not available please suggest what should I do
I went for the medical of airforce but the doctor told me that you are unfit for ecg abnormality (rbbb) what I do for fit in ecg the re medical will be on 16 august please help sir.
Hello I am 21 years old (female), I am constantly suffering from chest pain since past 2 years, even I am unable to understand that what the reason may be behind it because I get pain even when I don't take stress. Please give me some suggestion as soon as possible.
Three days before suddenly I got pain in middle of the chest. I went to hospital and they took ECG that cardiac doctor check my ECG and my breath, after he told it's not like related to chest. Want to consult gastrology. Then I seen gastro doctor, I tell the symptoms, he took blood test. In that result I have ulcer. Then he gave some medicine and I am taking for three days. Still pain is there but bot like before. But still middle of the chest and middle if the stomach and chest paining. Kindly give a advice.
Sir I am in stress and tension so my brain is always in pain and stress. My blood pressure is always in high value. I fill pulse rate In my brain.
What to do if cholesterol level is 192gm/dl and triglyceride level is 380mg/dl? what are the dangers of high triglyceride level? Please help me.
We are married from past 2 yrs, in Feb 2014, my wife conceived, however, we had miscarriage and we had to do Dilation and curettage by March 2014 end. Since then we are trying to conceive and we have not got success. In this we also went through, follicular study with (HCG) injection, however, we did not get success. Now our Doctor is suggesting for Intrauterine insemination (IUI). However, before doing Intrauterine insemination (IUI), our Doctor suggested that, we need to check if there is any blockage in fallopian tube and for that we need to under go a laparoscopy or Hysterosalpingogram. Cost for Hysterosalpingogram is 5000 INR and for laparoscopy 25000 INR and if blockage found and if that needs to be cleared additional 25000 INR will be charged. Please suggest as to what is the correct way to proceed? Thank you.
My father has 3 heart blockages. Doctors are suggesting bypass surgery, but we want to treat it with ayurvedic and homeopathic medicines without surgery. Is this possible.
I am 29 year old man from India. Last week I had chest pain, it lasted few minutes. Yesterday I again felt it. Is it sign of heart attack?
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.
I am having severe back pain, feeling of vomiting, high BP ,discomfort, high headache, hypertension and my wife noticed inadequate facial expressions from me, yesterday.help me out. Please predict, which disease is this.
My father who is 67 year old recently had a heart attack few days ago. He has a history of psoriasis. No history of diabetes or any other medical condition. According to the angioplasty results in the distal left main coronary artery there is 50% stenosis. There is type 3 and calcific vessel showing proximal 90 percent stenosis. Lcx,lima, renal are normal. The doctor has suggested him to go for bypass. However my father is apprehensive about bypass and want to explore other options like ayurvedic or chelation therapy treatment. Can anyone please suggest will these therapies help him in getting better without surgery? Is there any major risk involved if he opts out of surgery but makes significant lifestyle changes. Continues his medication and does some alternative therapies? Please help.
My blood pressure varies too much. Sometimes I find it 170/100. At other times I find it 87/65. At this time, normally I feel dizzy. I am very healthy and all parameters are normal.
I have high blood pressure problem this also affects my eyes as well as the whole body. Body in terms of pain. Can you please suggest me a medicine for this?
Hello sir/mam I have problem of acidity and sometimes I suffering from weakness and blood pressure low problems I try very medicine but problem is remain exist.
What is High Blood Pressure?
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition caused when the force of the blood against the arterial walls exceeds drastically than what it normally is. A blood pressure reading exceeding 140/90 over a prolonged period of time is considered to be ‘high blood pressure’ or diagnosed as ‘hypertension’.
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is characterized by extremely high levels of blood glucose (blood sugar) in the body, either due to the insufficient secretion of insulin by the pancreas or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. This makes your body unable to break down the sugars. At first glance, these two conditions seem completely unrelated, but, according to certain studies, the two conditions do have similar outcomes and could be inter-dependent.
According to the American Diabetes Association, the combination of hypertension and type 2 diabetes is particularly lethal and can significantly raise a person's risk of having a heart attack or stroke. Having type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure also increases your chances of developing other diabetes-related diseases, such as kidney disease, and retinopathy (eye blood vessels), which may cause blindness. There is substantial overlap between diabetes and hypertension, reflecting substantial overlap in their etiology and disease mechanisms. Genetic structure, Obesity, inflammation, oxidative stress, and insulin resistance are thought to be the common pathways. A prospective cohort study in the United States reported that type 2 diabetes mellitus was almost 2.5 times as likely to develop in subjects with hypertension as in subjects with normal blood pressure.
In the Hong Kong Cardiovascular Risk Factor Prevalence Study, only 42% of people with diabetes had normal blood pressure and only 56% of people with hypertension had normal glucose tolerance. There are many minor lifestyle changes that can lower your blood pressure and blood sugar. A brisk walk for 30 to 40 minutes every day, or any aerobic activity can make your heart healthier. In addition to lowering blood pressure and blood sugar, physical activity can strengthen the heart muscle and may reduce arterial stiffness. You may need minor modifications in your diet like, cutting out sugar salt, high-fat meats etc. You can take several servings of vegetables, low-fat dairy products, leans meats and fish or meat substitutes, fruits, whole (not processed) foods, whole-grain pastas, breads, and brown rice etc. While some people can improve their type 2 diabetes and hypertension with lifestyle changes, most require medication.
Depending on their overall health, some people may need more than one medication to reduce their risk. Consult your doctor to choose best possible medicines for your diabetes and / or blood pressure control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.