Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Uma ShankarYour feedback matters!
My father is suffering from paralysis in right side. Due to which he is unable to speak although all other body parts are working but weakness is there. There are some blood clots in brain. Around 3 yrs have passed hv tried so many hospitals and doctors. But speech problem is not solving please help me is there any surgery or else so he can recover little bit.
There was a fight between me and one of friend, he is a year older than, unexpectedly while we were arguing he just gave me sock on the left side of my brain which created a loud sound and I couldn't do pay him for that, since then I just get memorized of his angry face, feeling depressed, and I think I am having some problem due to that.
Depression is a state of low mood and aversion to activity or apathy that can affect a person's thoughts behaviour feelings and sense of well being
1. Earlier interests slides down
2. Feeling nervousness
3. Sleeping too much
4. Feeling of fatigue and lack of energy
5. Significant increase or decrease in body weight
6. Feeling less hunger
7. Difficulty in concentration and focussing
8. Weeping in matter of minutes on anything and suicidal tendency
Causes: Excessive feeling of sorrows and woes, feeling lonely and forlorn frustration not able to move on as per the daily routine chores
1. Be busy and cheerful engage in activities for instance read novel books listen to music indulge in any sports activities
2. Keep away from darkness never be in the dark when depressed
3. Take a balanced diet to keep body and mind fit
4. Increasing healthy friendly circles
Sir I am preparing for IIT and I come kota for preparing exam before 3 months .but my homework and notes are now incomplete .and now I want to read .but I can't understand anything in classroom.
Hi sir Plsss tell me how to clear my lungs as I quit smoking. And what are the symptoms of bad condition lungs.
My father is being suffering from Alzheimer's, some what he lost memory. Plse tell to regain lost memory.
I can't mingle with new peoples and showing less courage to everything. But I want to mingle more and to be social. I'm good at studies. But this thing alone disappointing me. I'm 18 now. Is this normal for me? Please help me.
I am suffering from hair problem. Many of my hairs are white in colour. It started in the age of 14. Then it increases. Please help me. My hair density is good. But my hairs are thin and they are silky too. I think too much. Sometimes I get suffered from stress also. Is this also a reason for my hair problem.
Excessive anger and irritability are among the most common of health problems. These problems can damage marriages, school careers, work, and friendships. Fortunately, excessive anger can almost always be improved by at least 80% with expert treatment. There are many techniques that can help you cool down and keep your anger in check.
- Focus on the physical sensations of anger. While it may seem counterintuitive, tuning into the way your body feels when you’re angry often lessens the emotional intensity of your anger.
- Take some deep breaths. Deep, slow breathing helps counteract rising tension. The key is to breathe deeply from the abdomen, getting as much fresh air as possible into your lungs.
- Exercise. A brisk walk around the block is a great idea. It releases pent-up energy so you can approach the situation with a cooler head.
- Use your senses. Take advantage of the relaxing power of your sense of sight, smell, hearing, touch, and taste. You might try listening to music or picturing yourself in a favorite place.
- Stretch or massage areas of tension. Roll your shoulders if you are tensing them, for example, or gently massage your neck and scalp.
- Slowly count to ten. Focus on the counting to let your rational mind catch up with your feelings. If you still feel out of control by the time you reach ten, start counting again.