Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Uma MaheswariYour feedback matters!
My d3 level is 24.46 nmol/L. It is considered deficient. Have been prescribed arachitol 6 lakh twice a week. Six such injections are to be taken during a period of 17 days. Is it ok to take such high frequency of d3?
Licking of cleaned hygienic vagina / clitoris with mouth - is it medically good? Are there any chances of getting any diseases?
Why vitamin A is necessary for our body
Vitamin A also called retinol or carotene. It - 1] helps to maintain good vision and necessary for night vision. 2] Helps in resistance to infection and supports growth and repair of body tissues. 3] It also maintains integrity of white and red blood cells and epithilial lining.4] It is also used to treat acne.
Dietary Sources of Vitamin A
Green leafy vegetables-spinach , broccoli, parsley, kale, collard green, escarole.
Yellow vegetables- carrot, sweet potato, winter squash, pumpkin.
Yellow and orange fruits- mango, papaya, and apricots.
Animal source- milk, eggs, meat and fish liver oil.
Hello dr, i am 29 years married woman, I m facing a problem of white discharge from my vagina with bad smell, please suggest me something what is this problem?
I am 29 years old female. I have delivered second baby before 4 months by c-section. After delivery I got mummy tummy that's diastasis Recti. How to recover from this Recti problem.
After I had sex for the first time. I am having light and short periods as compared to my earlier periods and it's now two with all this and my stomach is getting larger .I took urine test and beta hcg both are negative. Yesterday I got my periods and again today there is very light bleeding or it's like spotting. This time my periods are 6 days earlier then expected. please tell me some medicine to regulate my mensuration.
When the temperature soars to extremes in the summer, all you want to do is switch on the air conditioner and stake out in a room during the day. Alas! That's not a real world option. In reality, we have to work in the kitchen, step outside to reach office and do our daily chores bearing the heat. In some places, the added humidity becomes an even worse problem with sweat draining us out of our energy. While we can blame it on global warming and other problems, it really isn't going to solve our problem. To do that, we need to look inside and not outside. Nature's bounty is infinite and there are several foods in nature that helps our body stay cool form the inside. That's because nature likes to maintain balance and has all the solutions we need. We only need to look.
Here are a few options on summer friendly meals that can help you beat the heat.
- Summer salads: Fresh and healthy summer salads are one of the sure shot ways to make you feel light and full and keep your body cool while keeping your taste buds super happy. Fill it with the goodness of cucumber, beetroot, cherry tomatoes, carrots and cottage cheese and flavour it with salt, pepper and a dash of homemade cream cheese and pomegranate. We've seen this salad being gobbled up in a record time of 7 seconds. You just have to give it a try.
- Cool drinks: From buttermilk to lemon mint coolers to variants made from fennel seeds (saunf) cooling drinks are a must have in any home. You can stock these up on a Sunday to have them through the week. Also, you can consume many of these with honey instead of added sugar to keep your health and calories in check.
- Fresh fruit salads with ice cream: Fruit salads can actually be a wonderful breakfast or meal option. Using a mix of locally available fresh fruits and topping it with fresh custard or ice cream can be a delightful summer coolant.
- Summer vegetable saute: Want some freshness on the side. A fresh vegetable saute can just become a full meal. Filled with the goodness of vegetables sauteed in virgin olive oil and very little seasoning, the crunchy texture and colourful mix can work wonders in keeping you healthy during the summer. Try a mix of corn, spicy jalapenos, onions and lettuce and tofu to make it a full meal.
Summer heat can sometimes really take its toll. Be careful if you experience unusual symptoms like excessive sweating or faintness.
I am 30 years women trying to 2nd baby. My gynic prescribed clofert 100 in my cycle 3rd day to 7th day. My period is late but no symptoms of pregnancy .only my stomach is bloating. Any chances to get pregnancy?
Hi, I have almost regular periods. My cycle length is 31 days. It has gone up to 33days and down to 28 days rarely. My last periods started on 8th march. I had unprotected sex on 28th march. Is there any chance I may get pregnant? I am going on a tour on April 2nd and 3rd. If at all I get pregnant, will the tour affect it? I am going to a water theme park. Also I recently had a chemical pregnancy on Jan 18th. Bleeding stopped on Jan 26th. This is my first periods after that. So I am bit concerned. Please advice what I need to do.
I want to know that what precautions should be taken for being physical with a girl for the very first time (girl and boy both are mature) and what changes does the body faces after being physical for first time.
Hi am 20. My gf and I had oral sex but I rubbed my penis on her vagina may be inserted it half inch. I was worried so. I made her eat ipill. Yesterday but today she is feeling any problem or pain in stomach or anything. Is she safe? And I pill failed or not. She used ipill first time 2 months before that time she was suffering from pain but this is time no pain. Is everything ok?
My wife is 2 months pregnant. Her height is 5 ft 3 inch and she weights 61 kg. Can she take green tea to reduce some weight or her weight is ok?
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I am 32ys n 21 week pregnant done scan technical said baby face not seen repeat scan again after 15 days is my baby safe?
I am 33 years old. I have no pragncy .my report is normal .my husband's report is 42 million count. Many medicine had been take both us to ayurveda since 4 yr. Please give me a advice for conceive the pregnancy.
The first trimester of pregnancy (i. E. The first three months) is a very crucial time as this the time when your baby grows at a faster rate than at any other stage. Eating right is what you should be doing during such a time in your life as your body can make use of the energy and nutrients to build the body of your baby as well as to keep you strong. During the first trimester of your pregnancy, you should be including these 6 foods in your diet to provide you and your child with all the vital nutrients.
1. Spinach: high in folic acid, also known as folate (a form of vitamin b), consumption of spinach during these first few months (as well as before pregnancy) is extremely vital. It can help in preventing the occurrence of neural tube defects or birth defects pertaining to your baby's brain and spine.
2. Citrus fruits: your first-trimester diet should also consist of an adequate amount of citrus fruits. High in vitamin C, you should have at least 1 citrus fruit every day. If you prefer to take these fruits in juice form, you should restrict it to only 1 cup a day. This is because juices are high in calories and low in fibre, and, therefore, do not deliver on the fibre component.
3. Nuts: during this period your protein requirements also increase and it is advised that you have about 60 gm or more of protein every day. Nuts such as walnuts, almonds, cashews and pistachios are known to have healthy amounts of fibre, fats and protein. A study conducted by the Harvard medical school suggests that eating nuts can help in preventing allergies in children.
4. Eggs: in addition to helping you meet your protein requirements, eggs can also be an excellent source of vitamin d and calcium. The last two elements are extremely vital for your baby as they help in developing its bones.
5. Beans: providing you with necessary protein and fibre as well as helping you to deal with constipation, beans are must-haves during this period. Eating this fibre-rich food will ensure your bowel is functioning properly, thereby reducing your likelihood of developing constipation and even haemorrhoids (swollen veins of the anal and rectal region).
6. Yoghurt: a good source of calcium, having a cup of yoghurt every day will provide your baby with the calcium that it needs to grow and that you need to keep your bones strong. More importantly, by doing so, it'll prevent your baby from drawing calcium from your bones, leading to a deterioration of your bone health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.