Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. UmaYour feedback matters!
My gf and I had sex for first time on 1st july, she had just stopped bleeding the day before the sex. Now she has been having signs of pregnancy like abdominal gas, fatigue,etc since the last two weeks. I want to know the chances that she's pregnant. I just inserter the penis only a few inches. And I didn't ejaculate in her. I'm worried about the possibility of making her pregnant by my precum. Please help me sir/madame.
I have always been suffered from irregular periods I took a consult from a doctor then it has been found that I have polycystic ovaries from the diagnosis the doctor suggested me a" oosure" tablet and a gynedol syrup but still I'am suffering from irregular periods. Now what should I do? I am just 17 years old now. Shall I be able to become pregnant? Can pcos be treated?
Hello doctor I take krimson 35 tab last one month. please tell me when I take this tab there is chances for pregnancy. And one more question I trying for pregnancy. please give some medicine or other advice I am too worry help me.
I am 46 years old suddenly my menstrual cycle stopped this month. I have also tested pregtest, came negative. Is this due to menopause.
The body produces a number of chemicals called hormones which are essential for the regulation of various functions including growth and metabolism. These hormones are produced by endocrine glands which are located in various parts of the body. One such important gland is the pituitary gland which produces the important growth hormone. This is essential for regulating optimal growth during the growing years and for maintaining proper amounts of body fat, muscles, and bones in the later years of life.
Causes: Deficiency of the growth hormones can occur due to a number of causes, some of which are listed below. It can be congenital (present at birth) or acquired later in life.
The congenital issue could be due to problem in the pituitary gland structure, leading to complete absence or reduced secretion of the hormone.
With age, there is a decrease in the amount of secretion. However, infections, injuries, brain tumors, surgery and radiation can also lead to altered amounts of secretion.
Symptoms: While growth hormone deficiency can occur at any age, symptoms differ depending on the age when the deficiency sets in.
In the early ages:
- Lower rate of growth for a given age
- Delayed developmental milestones
- Delayed onset of puberty
- Short stature/reduced height
- Younger looking compared to other children their age
- Fat deposition around the waist
- Delayed dental development
When the deficiency sets in during the later years, there is
- Low energy levels, constant tiredness
- Decreased strength
- Decreased exercise tolerance
- Decreased overall muscle mass
- Thin and dry skin
- Increased fat deposition and weight gain around the waist
- Changes in social behavior including alternate cycles of anxiety and depression
- Lack of motivation
- History of pituitary tumors
- High levels of fat and cholesterol
The diagnosis depends on the age of the person
- Blood tests are carried out to check the hormone levels in circulation
- In children, in addition to the hormone levels, x-rays to see the status of growth plates is very helpful.
- An insulin hypoglycemia test where insulin is given intravenously to see the levels of the growth hormone after 30 minutes.
- Total cholesterol levels, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglyceride levels can be used to supplement the above tests.
- CT scan and/or MRI of the brain may be needed if tumors are suspected.
Treatment: Once diagnosed, replacement therapy is given as shots a few times a week under the skin. This restores normal growth and helps in controlling the symptoms in adults too.
In cases of tumor, radiation or surgery may be required, but most cases are managed with hormone replacement.
Watch out for the symptoms if your child has delayed developmental milestones and early intervention can help restore growth and function to normal levels.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My 9 th month pregnancy is going on. I am facing pain under right breast. I did abdomen ultrasound. Dr. said I have hydronephrosis in right kidney and kidney size is 64 128 mm. Please give me suggestion? I need any medicine or not. And other important suggestions.
I am a 22 year old guy. Last month my girlfriend is pregnant but we dont want a baby yet. Give me solution.
My friend is 24 yrs female unmarried, she feels as if she got some lumps in her breasts, is there any other symptom that it would be a breast cancer, or it would be some other problem, please give suggestions, she is afraid a lot.
I am participating first time sex with wife on marriage night. How to participate without any diseases. And I want her to get pregnant.
I have baby of 2 days. I have cesarean delivery. bleeding is very less it is OK or not? How many days bleeding should come after cesarean?
Tips to get over tough times
Tough times are a part of our life, sometimes we are unable to handle it leading to us becoming slaves to a lot of negativity. There are a few things you can try to help tide over it.
* Firstly stop being in denial – accept the situation stop getting angry and bargaining for something better, accept and tell yourself “i want to face this ”and “i will do my best to deal with this”.
* What next? - calm down, think through and try to figure out what to do next? Start working on a solution for the issue rather than just focusing on the issue.
* Solution may not come to you immediately but at least start working towards it one step at a time.
* To find solutions we should put ourselves in a third person perspective. Finding solutions is a lot easier this way. Remember that every problem has a solution.
* Get help - do not shove away family, friends or any loved ones who are trying to help you. Seeking help does not make you weak. Try and discuss the issue with them to get an outsiders perspective. Since they are not a part of the problem they will be able to have 360 view of the issue and they may be able to help you better.
* Positivity is important - it may seem like a difficult task but try to focus on the positive things happening in your life. Try to surround yourself with positive people, and people who see the good in you.
* Don’t give up – never give way for negativity to seep into your life. Stop yourself from focusing on negative thoughts and emotions.
• Drugs/ alcohol - never look at drugs, alcohol, smoking or abuse of any kind as a solution for your problem, it only gives you a perception that things are fine, but the truth is, it only increases your problem.
* No blame game - do not blame yourself or others for the problem. Blaming will not solve your situation.
* Stay healthy- do not neglect your health. You need to be there for yourself too.
Finally remember this too shall pass.
My period came earlier and the amount of liquid came out was little less than previous month period So please tell me the reason behind this and how I should get the proper period timing I am unmarried.
I am 6 month pregnant. Muje naak ki problem h. I means naak ki haddi badh gai h to saans lene m dikkat hoti h. Sent specialist ki dawai chal rhi h us s kuch aaram h. Ese smy m muje kuch salah d ki food m kya lena chahiye or kis food s parhej Krna chahiye. Or kis chij ka dhyan rkhna chahiye.
Tomatoes are integral part of indian cooking and diet. This sweet-sour fruit, which is used as a vegetable, has multiple health benefits. It helps build immunity against several ailments because of its rich nutrient content.
8 health problems tomatoes will guard you against.
1) cancer - tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin c. They help fight the formation of free radicals that are said to cause cancer.
2) blood pressure - while someone suffering from blood pressure needs to lower their sodium level, it is also a good idea to increase the level of potassium in the blood. This can be done by eating tomatoes.
3) heart - tomatoes have fiber, potassium and vitamin c, all of which are very good for the heart.
4) diabetes - tomatoes are good for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes patients. Type 1 patients are known to have lower blood glucose level because of the fiber intake and type 2 patients can improve insulin, lipids and blood sugar levels with tomato consumption.
5) skin - tomatoes act as one of the best anti-tan solutions for the skin. It has vitamin c which is essential for collagen which in turn is the skin's support system. The vitamin c acts as an antioxidant which helps prevent damages caused by sun, smoke and pollution. It also smoothes wrinkles, improving overall skin health.
6) constipation: one should eat food that is high in fiber and water content. Tomato is just the kind of food. It adds bulk to the stool, keeps us hydrated and facilitates regular bowel movements.
7) pregnancy - pregnant women are advised to consume tomatoes due to its rich iron, vitamin c and folic acid reserves. Folic acid from the fruit protects the newborn from neural tube defects.
8) depression - tomatoes are known to help in depression. The folic acid in tomatoes prevents homocysteine, (that prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain), from forming in excess in the body. Due to this control, mood is regulated and sleep & appetite are normalised.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.