Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Uday ShankarYour feedback matters!
How I can stop my stammering. I can speak everything expect the wording like k, t,bh, j.i start stammering from birth now im 17 year old. Can you please help me for stopping this.
My friend smokes a lot of ciggretes, is there any solutions to reduce the amount of nicotine from body? I mean expect leaving smoking is there any other option? Or any treatment to clear the nicotine from chest. Thankyou.
Depression is one of the complex physical and psychological disorders. The disease is characterized by loss of pleasure or interest, sadness, feelings of guilt, low self worth, disturbed sleep and appetite, poor concentration and feelings of tiredness. The common effect of this condition is leads to the decreased activity level in some parts of the brain. The disease is a mild one that causes little annoyance in daily life. But the extreme stages may lead to severe effects where the affected person may fail to participate in their social life. In rare cases severity of suicide is even possible.
Depression is diagnosed by these symptoms:
- Lack of interest or joy in activities
- Sadness or low mood levels
- Feel of guilt without any reason
- Inferiority thoughts
- Slow thought process
- Slow in interpreting sensorial stimuli
- Slow physical reactions
- Slow physical processes or digestion.
Types of depression
It can be either be a single disease or the effect of other diseases. It can also be due to two or more factors. Based on the cause the disease, it has been divided into six types, which are
- Reactive depression: Caused due to psychological struggle and stress.
- Endogenous depression: Caused due to strain or lack of rest.
- Depression by physical disease: This is caused due to any physical disease such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke, hypertension, heart disease, cushing’s syndrome, mononucleosis, hypothyroidism neurotransmitters in the brain etc.
- Depressive consequence of unsound lifestyle: This is caused due to less exercise, too much alcohol, coffee or tea consumption, least intake of necessary nutrients, too much sugar intake and fat.
- Postnatal depression: This happens mostly in women after pregnancy and child birth.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This happen due to cold and dark seasons of the year. The lack of light is the factor for causing depression as well.
Treatment of depression
Best way to treat depression is through Psychotherapy, also anti - depression medicines are usually prescribed to treat the effects of depression. But the intake of these types of medicines result in nervous disorder. However, the best way to treat is through environmental changes and positive and happy surrounds to the affected person along with psychological counseling. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Hi i am 35 years old and I have 2 kids. 7 months back my mom passed away. After that one night I was sleeping and I got some shocked from that day I am not feeling well even i am not sleeping properly I consult the doctor he did some testing also everything is normal. But still I have some fear and I feel that something will happen to me and now i'm going to die or some bad dreams will come. I Am trying to come out of this fear could you please help me in this.
I am 36 years old male. For the past 4 years, I am suffering from IBS. The symptoms is like sudden development of great urge to toilet when travelling or visiting unfamiliar places. I am of the opinion that that this state is developing mentally. please guide.
I saw eye doctor I am okk but my headache is fed me all day I remember one thing again again Like mjhe ye krna h fir ye krna h morning se kya kya kiya krun . Ye me at least 20 times remember krta hu kya kese krna h kya kiya Ni chahu fir bhi mind rest ni leta fir again kuch sochne lg jata I am forgetting many thing backache sometime i am always thinking about sex what should i do?
I get panic during my practical exams. Its a chronic problem. In school I used to get panic while giving physics, chemistry practicals. Same is the case even after entering college. I get so anxious that my practical never get right. I found so difficult to perform small procedures like making a smear. I just roam here and there that its so embarrassing around. I usually end up in breaking a test tube. Even when I go after full preparation I get so panic that I just mess up all.
I am 29 year old and experience tremors/severing in hand almost the entire day. Kindly let me know whats the reason. Is it due to less confidence? whats the treatement.
I am 22 years female. I am mentally affected a lot. I was love with a person from past four years we got engaged I sacrificed everything for him. But atlast he was in living relationship with other girl from past five years. So I got stressed already. In between his close friend came to help me out and we both fell love each other from past one and half months. I do talk with my friends and cousins he is telling me I am characterless. I do talk from childhood as a friend nothing than that. He is telling your bitch u need three to four guys at a time. I got hurted a lot I don' t know what to do. Feel like dying my both love life are in trouble. Please give me good suggestion
I have a great addiction problem. I call this addiction because whenever I stop smoking, I feel tons of Anxiety, Depression rising in my head. I felt so scared and all. I feel numb, dead and I can not concentrate on anything. Like I was not here. I feel life so distance away. Also I was diagnosed with Body dysmorphic amd have strong obsessions surfacing when I stop smoking. This continuous smoking cycle I am in makes me less caring, and I am a ignorant one ignoring every my duties as a man. I live in a very lazy way. I used Nicotex for sometimes and it helped me alleviate craving for someday.
lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me sir.
Im suffering from acute stress, i had a break up and now im in depression!! I just want to come out from this stution and want to live a normal life but im feeling helpless, i have done everything to come out from this but in no use!!! Pls help me
Physiotherapy or physical therapy focuses on enhancing mobility and treating disabilities. Physiotherapy is used commonly in case of sports injuries, partial or complete paralysis, arthritis, neurological disorders, etc. along with helping the patient regain movement and improving flexibility, physiotherapy also helps deals with back pain, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic headaches and injury related pain. This pain may make you want to simply curl up and stay immobile but this could be detrimental to your progress. Through physical therapy, a patient can learn how to function and move safely and thus becomes stronger.
Here are a few ways physiotherapy is beneficial for pain management.
- It teaches breathing techniques: Physiotherapy doesn’t only address the joints and muscles of the body, but also addresses the autonomic nervous system and involuntary movements that control the functioning of the organs. By teaching a patient how to breathe correctly through opening up the chest and neck muscles, physiotherapy helps improve blood circulation that further helps relieve pain.
- It helps with weight management: When it comes to rheumatoid arthritis and knee joint pain, being overweight is one of the key factors triggering the pain. This is because of the more your weight, the more the pressure on your joints and hence the more the pain. Physiotherapy helps increase a patient’s mobility and thus aids in weight loss. This, in turn, reduces the pressure on joints and pain associated with it.
- It strengthens muscles: Physiotherapy deals with both the muscles affected by an injury as well as the unaffected muscles. While it helps regain control over the injured muscles, ligament and tendons it also helps strengthen the unaffected muscles. This helps them compensate for the limited functioning of the affected muscles. By strengthening the muscles, physiotherapy also makes movement easier and helps reduce pain.
- It helps improve posture: For people with back problems, the way you sit and stand can make a big difference to the pain experienced. Physiotherapy teaches a person how to sit and stand straight so as to support the back muscles properly.
- It helps determine the right equipment: Having the right shoes can play a big role in alleviating pain associated with walking. Similarly, physiotherapy can equip a person with the right equipment to make movement easier and less painful. This could be as simple as a walking stick for arthritic patients or a robotic glove for patients who have paralysed hand muscles. Furniture such as supportive mattresses and office chairs can also help alleviate back pain.