Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Uday GangulaYour feedback matters!
What is knee pain. What are you the symptoms of knee pain. I want prescription For knee pain. And what are the precautions I would take for it.
Dear sir Saturday night I had an accident not major but my knee become twist. I have also tie crack bandage but can not give weight. After weight knee become twist. please advice me short care my knee. Thanks.
I am having pain n left hand forearm and bicep joint due to workout. Its been a month and still its painful. What should I do.
She have headache problem and also her leg and hand pain when she is walking please suggests some medicine for this problems.
Hai Sir/Madam my wife is 7 months pregnant now at the time of sleeping she is getting back pain what may be reason? Whether it is normal or not?
Dear sir I have serious problem of back pain. I tried a lot of medical treatment but they work only for few days. I want a permanent solution.
I have knee joint pain since one week severely so I am unable to walk long distance please what should you are suggest me.
I am 18+ years old (fe-male). Married. From last one month my urine is in yellow colour. Last one month back I am shifted to hyderabad. Why my urine got this colour? please help me. Is there any tests needed?
My friend is facing pain just above knee joint due to which he is facing problem in sitting and standing after sitting even it pain at times when the leg is not moved please sought a remedy to my problem.
Hi iam farooq iam 25 year old my xry is normal problem is back pain and 12 th rib pain last 6 month what can I do?
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.