Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U. Vijayalakshmi
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. U. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
What should intake for a pregnant woman to give a healthy baby. Now a days she feels to sleepy and tired too. Is it normal? What precautions should we take and which food is good for her.
Necessity is the mother of invention. Ironically, accidents to end up in discoveries. Sir Alexander Fleming accidentally discovered Penicillin in 1928. After many years of research and experiments, Penicillin eventually came into use during World War II. Though it’s believed to be a blessing, it has opened the doors for various allergic reactions and bacterial resistance over the period of time. About 10% of people report allergies to Penicillin, wherein more than 90% of these patients are found not to be allergic to Penicillin after skin testing.
Reactions to Penicillin:
Penicillin belongs to a family of antibiotics known as beta-lactams which also comprises of Penicillin G, Cloxacillin, Ampicillin, Amoxicillin, Piperacillin, and many more which are believed to be effective in eradicating common bacterial infections and relatively inexpensive.
The major problem in the use of Penicillin is hypersensitivity reactions. Your immune system can work wonders when encountered with any foreign body (antigen) by producing its antibody, which fights against the antigen. When your body is attacked by bacteria the lymphocytes (T-Cells) trigger the production of antibodies (immunoglobulin) to fight against the bacteria. However, in some people Penicillin administration can be considered as an invader and their immune system produces antibodies against it, thereby resulting in allergic reactions.
Acute and Sub - acute reactions:
You can observe two clinical pictures resulting from penicillin allergy:
Acute allergic reaction:
- Mediated by IgE(Immunoglobulin E) antibodies as a result of previous exposure.
- Arises immediately within minutes to an hour or two.
- Results in release of histamine and other mediators from mast cells.
Sub-Acute allergic reaction:
- Mediated by IgG (Immunoglobulin G) antibodies.
- Occurs 7 to 10 days after Penicillin treatment.
- Results in the activation of the complement reactions producing inflammation.
Risk factors for IgE mediated reaction:
- Frequent or repetitive courses of Penicillin.
- High dose parenteral (rather than oral) administration.
- A history of other allergies, such as food allergy or hay fever.
- Certain illness commonly associated with allergic drug reactions, such as infection with HIV or Epstein - Barr virus.
Watch out for:
While people are taking a Penicillin medication several different rashes can appear:
- Suggest a true allergy.
- Raised and intensely itchy spots.
- Come and go over hours.
- Occur with other allergic symptoms like wheezing or swelling of the skin or throat.
- Typically start after several days of treatment.
- Flat, blotchy and non-itchy.
- Spread over days but do not change by the hour.
- Unlikely to be the result of a dangerous allergy.
- Very rare but life-threatening condition.
- Causes the widespread dysfunction of the body systems.
- Signs and symptoms of anaphylaxis include:
Other conditions resulting from Penicillin allergy:
- Serum sickness
- Drug induced anemia
- Drug reaction with eosinophilia and systemic symptoms(DRESS)
- Inflammation of the kidneys (nephritis)
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am a married man. Me & my wife doing family planning. My wife is trying to conceive. But every time my semen is coming out from her vagina. I don't know what to do. Can you help me?
I am 18 I have did sex with my girl friend with out safety but sperm Didn't get so pregnancy will not get? And I clearly didn't entered my penis into her vagina so pregnancy will happen or not.
Sir meri age 29 hai aur meri shadi ko 2 years hue hai baby ke liye try karte hai but sara sperm bahar ki taraf nikal jaata hai aur conceive nahi ho raha fir Maine test karwaya usme uterus fibroid nikla hai Aur mera period time par aata hai lekin blood clotting hoti hai aur mujhe koi pareshani nahi hoti main kya karu sir kya main ab kavi conceive nahi kar payungi? please help me.
My ultrasound report: Uterus:- normal size retroverted uterus seen with 10 mm size intramural myoma in ant wall Lt ovary has a post ovulated irregular cyst rt ovary is normal cervix. And endometrium are normal Minimal fluid in pod seen. Sir/madam please can you tell us what is in report.
Can menopause occur at the age of 34 also? What can be the reason for irregular periods nd less blood flow nd decreased duration of periods, previously length of mensuration was 5 days now its hardly 3 days. Please guide me what should and I am also ttc.
I had a c section delivery on 11.07. 2015 I have developed bad pain in my back and shoulders. What should be done ?
It is very important to take care of your physical well-being as it may have a direct relationship with your sexual performance. Having unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits can put you out of shape sexually, emotionally and physically.
Here's how being out of form can affect your sex life:
- It can affect your confidence levels - Problems with your body weight can seriously affect your confidence levels, and consequently your sex life. Being confident of yourself and what you do is vital for having great sex. Issues with your confidence and a negative perception of yourself can make you feel inadequate, thereby causing problems in your sex life.
- It can suck out all your energy - In order for you to enjoy or have longer sex sessions, you need to be at your fittest levels. Being overweight or not in shape can prevent you from enjoying the sexual activity or sustaining the session as you would be all out of energy.
- It can affect your thoughts - Getting caught up in thoughts about your weight or what is going on in the mind of your partner can have a serious impact on your sexual performance. In fact, your weight can hamper the healthy thoughts that may form during these moments that you share with your partner. Ideally, your thoughts should be focused on the act so that you're able to fully enjoy the activity.
- It can affect what you experience - Your weight issues can hamper your ability to have quality sex and cause you to have short sessions. The quality of what you experience with your partner can get affected if you lack confidence and don't focus on what is happening in front of you. More importantly, one shouldn't mistake quality sex as the number of sex positions known or the duration of the activity. Quality sex takes place only when both the partners enjoy the act and derive maximum pleasure and satisfaction out of it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.