Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. U Chandrashekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. U ChandrashekarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, Meri umar 19+ hey or mera husband ki age 33+.aj mera hsg report ayi mera right tube cornual blockage hey or left tube thik hey. Mera ob/gyn doctor mera ak hydrotubation try karna chate he block kholne ke liye keya ye test karne se block khule ga? Or nehi khula to es ke bad konsi treatment acha rahe ga doctor laparoscopy ya fer hystroscopy please doctor botayiye mey or mera parivar bohat chinta me hai or ivf hum afford nehi kar payenge.
Hi Doc, I have been having some red colored pimples over my body (especially chest, thighs and buttocks) which are very irritating. They itch a lot and are painful on pressing. After a week or so they subside and the mark takes about three weeks to vanish. Please recommend some ointment. Thanks in advance.
I am a medical pharmacist, last 2 years my weight has gone up 60 to 65 kilogram, so what is the solution?
Sir, My blood group is AB+ and my wife blood group is O-, in this situation my question, is there will be any problems arise in time of my wife pregnancy. Please advise.
One of the rare sexual problems to affect men is a condition termed as Priapism. As known to many, a normal flow of blood plays a pivotal role in ensuring a healthy and proper erection of the penis. During an erection, the tissues of the penis (soft and spongy tissues) receive an increased flow of blood (triggered by the relaxation and expansion of the arteries of the pelvis and the penis). However, any abnormality in the flow of blood can affect this erection giving rise to priapism.
Priapism is a sexual disorder characterized by an erection that lasts for an abnormally long time period (at times for close to 4 hours). With such an extended and prolonged erection, priapism results in immense pain and discomfort. The condition can affect all males, irrespective of their age (from newborns to aged people). However, men in their 30's are more susceptible to priapism. The trigger for priapism is not always sexual arousal. A person can also suffer from this condition instantaneously without any sexual excitement.
Ischemic and Non-Ischemic Priapism
Depending on the flow of blood to the penis, priapism can be either
- Ischemic Priapism: Here, the blood that flows to the penis and the erection chambers gets trapped there, failing to move out. Also known as Low-Flow Priapism, this painful condition results in prolonged erection (often more than four hours) without being sexually aroused. In Ischemic Priapism, the penile shaft appears stiff and rigid as compared to the penile glans which appear soft and tender.
- Non-Ischemic Priapism: This type of priapism arises from the improper regulation of the flow of penile blood. Also known as High-Flow Priapism, the condition is quite rare and can be triggered by an injury to the perineum or the penis that may rupture or damage an artery.
What triggers priapism in males?
As already stated, one of the prime factors responsible for Priapism is the improper flow or regulation of penile blood. There are many factors and medical conditions that can act as a potential trigger affecting the normal flow of blood.
- Sickle-cell anemia: Sickle cell anemia is an inherited genetic disorder whereby the red blood cells appear sickle-shaped instead of being round shaped. Sickle-cell anemia can go a long way to trigger priapism, especially ischemic priapism (the sickle-shaped RBCs can be instrumental in blocking the penile blood vessels) in males. Ischemic Priapism can also be an outcome of Leukemia or even Malaria.
- Multiple Myelomas, as well as Thalassemia, can also act as contributing factors resulting in Priapism.
- Certain medications can also wreak havoc triggering priapism. Some of these medications include:
- Antidepressants (bupropion, fluoxetine).
- Blood thinners (such as heparin).
- Alpha-blockers (tamsulosin, prazosin).
- Atomoxetine and related medicines (used in the treatment of ADHD).
- Clozapine and other related drugs used to deal with anxiety.
- Phentolamine, and related medications used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Priapism can also be triggered by medical conditions such as penile cancer, gout, syphilis, injury to the spinal cord or the penis, alcohol abuse.
Ayurvedic treatment helps to work on its sysmptoms, prevention and treatment of later complications, correcting imbalance, adjusting the immune system and most importantly helps in boosting energy and strong body for better health and quality of life. The purpose of this treatment is not to replace necessary orthodox medical treatment. A combination of both is recommended.