Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Tummala AdinarayanaYour feedback matters!
My son's urine always trace albumin this is normally other wise this is a serious matter and what can I do for it?
My son, 22 Month old do not eat anything from birth. he never drink milk from the bottle and never eat any stuff like humans since his birth. he is under weight and we are feeding him milk through 20ml syringe and feed him liquid Dalia force fully by directly injecting it in his mouth. we have consulted several pediatrics the recent one is HOD Max hospital delhi but nothing worked out. As per doctors, baby is fine it just require discipline to improve his food habits. My question is, how can food habits be improved when a baby is not interested in taking any eatable stuff inside his mouth and if we forcefully give into his mouth, he never chew or swallow it. Can someone help us....we are facing a really bad luck with my baby..I will really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.
Son is 3 years old and has the habit of keeping his tongue out most of the time. Was advised to wait and it will go with time but it doesn't seem to be improving. He speaks a lot and I don't see a problem with his speech except inability to say 'r' sound.
My son is 3 years old. He remains sick and has haemoglobin 8.1. Please give suggestion on how to improve his health, especially his haemoglobin.
My new born kid age 7weeks was not went motion for 3days and he crying early morning past 3days maybe due to stomach pain. Wat to do now.
My child is 5 year old. He did not ask for potty. He did not want to hold pencil. He did not write in his studies but he learn quickly. He did not react quickly in any matter. What should I do for my child?
Hello dr, my daughter (4.5 yrs) has got lump in her stomach and its size is 4x2 cm. Few doctors are suggesting for the operation and few are saying that is an 8 to 10 days old apendex in which they can not do the operation it will get resolve by medicine. Please suggest.
Hi doctor, My child has motion problem since 2years, he can't control the motion. I have taken him to a gastrogist, he suggest me that all test like stool, scan of stomach all are normal, I think his rectum is loose. What to do please doctor suggest me. The doctor has given a tablet called NORMAXIN, but no use with that tablet. He is five years old boy. Thank you.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.
My 10 month old baby has stuffed nose most of the times. Is there any homeopathic medicine for this? Her Father has also same problem.
Hi doctor. She is 3 month old. We feeding lactogen 1 for her. As per weight chart 3 month baby want to be 5.4 kg. But still my daughter is 4.5 kg only. Shall we continue that lactogen or shall we give cow milk. Otherwise give any suggestion. When we want to start health drinks for my baby. Please give your suggestion doctor.
Dear mam I have deliver a baby boy on 14 April as it was normal delivery ,my question is that at the time of delivery baby weight was 3.4 kg and now baby seems to be very week like the weight is 2.4 please tell wat to do to increase the weight of my baby n he looks healthy as soon?
For a 5 year old kid suggest some medicine to increase immunity as he is always having cough and cold.
Necrotizing enterocolitis is a disease that causes inflammation of the tissues present in the intestines and results in damaged tissues. It initially affects the inner lining which ultimately results in thickening of the intestine. It may also lead to a hole in the abdomen resulting in bacteria entering the intestine, thus resulting in infection.
The symptoms of Necrotizing enterocolitis are:
- You may experience symptoms of bloating in the abdomen
- The abdomen may be discolored
- You may experience diarrhea and vomiting
- You may not feel hungry
- There may be presence of blood in your stool
- You may have a fever and constantly feel lethargic
Causes: Lack of blood and oxygen in the intestine causes it to become weak and increases the chances of Necrotizing enterocolitis. It may result if oxygen levels drop during a difficult delivery. If the intestines are weak, then they are at a higher risk of getting infected by bacteria. If you have an excessive supply of blood cells in your body or other stomach condition, then it may lead to this disease.
Diagnosis: Usually the doctor conducts a physical exam to detect the symptoms of this disease. If babies are born with this condition, then they may suffer from weak immune system and problems in blood circulation. The doctor may also recommend x-rays to get detailed images of the intestine in order to probe for symptoms of inflammation and damage.
The treatment of the disease depends on few factors such as:
- The child's age
- How far has the disease progressed?
- Health of your child
It is recommended to stop breastfeeding. Feed the baby through intravenous methods. The doctor may also recommend antibiotics and oxygen support if the child has breathing problems. In severe cases, the child may require surgery to treat this disease.
If the treatment occurs early, then the child may recover. However, complications such as a narrow and damaged bowel may persist. This may cause problems in nutrient absorption in the intestine leading to other disorders.