Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
I am always having pimples on my face. Can you advice what should I use soap or face wash and what type of.
Hi, I want to know how to remove stretch marks. I got it in thighs and little bit in calf portion. I have to think twice before wearing shorts, skirts. Is bio-oil is effective. I lost 2 kg from 50 kg. So now am quite thin but obsessed about marks. I want to remove it. Please suggest some valuable medicines or ointments.
Does scars of knife can be prevented. Unfortunately the scars by the knife has happened to me. Could you suggest me some solution and guide to prevent the scars.
I feel I have a corn on my leg It's been 1 week its paining a lot and I consulted my family doc but he asked me to get it removed my operation.Please tell.
I wants to become more fair look than now. I loose my old fairing look how can I recover it. Suggested any cream or any others medical methods.
Which cone should I use venusia lotion or acrofy lotion or physiogel lotion for steroid damaged acne prone. I used steroidal creams for seborrhea dermatitis. Pls suggest.
My mother has been suffering from thyroid from over 3 years. Also she has a skin problem which develops a pinkish red coloured patch on her skin with a little bit touch.
Falling hair when use any shops and shampoo and how to make hair strong and how to make hair silky and brightness.
I have a pimple problem. My skin is oily. Now some pimple on my face but its symbol on my face how can I treat.
No sunscreen provides absolute protection from the harmful rays of the sun but using the right product in the right way will take you far in shielding yourself from their harshness.
Read on to find the real facts about sunscreen:
- Putting sunscreen on your skin once is enough to protect you throughout the day: Most people apply sunscreen only once before heading out of the house, and don't reapply it again throughout the entire day. Contrary to popular belief, this does not provide protection for the entire day as most sunscreens lose their effect with time. To ensure that your skin remains protected you need to reapply sunscreen once every 2 hours, and once every 40-80 minutes if you are engaging in activities like swimming and exercising.
- You do not need to apply sunscreen in winters or you are when indoors: Winter skin is relatively more sensitive than summer skin which is tanned. If one is in hilly areas or snow covered regions there is reflection of UV light from the snow that causes more skin damage. Also glass can allow UV rays to pass through and indoor lighting can also be a source of UV exposure, therefore you should apply sunscreen even when you are indoors.
- Waterproof sunscreens won't wash off: Even if your sunscreen is waterproof, you need to reapply it at regular intervals if you are pursuing water sports like swimming or are the kind who washes their face frequently. When a sunscreen is typified as waterproof, it actually means that the composition of the sunscreen makes it suitable for functioning for a maximum of 1 hour and 20 minutes under water. Moreover, sunscreens containing a 'water-resistant' label can bear water immersion up to at most 40 minutes.
So, irrespective of whatever the label of the sunscreen mentions, you need to reapply sunscreen every hour to protect your skin effectively.
I want to get rid of pimple and it scars. What should I do? Often I get periodical cramps how should I deal with it? Or how can I get rid with the cramps permanently.
I have so many black spots and pimple on my face. I feel ashamed of having this spots and pimple to me. I get jealous of those who have clear face. Help me to get ride of this face problem. Right me some medicines so that I can ride out of this problem.
Within the human body, there are certain parts, which are more prone to stress and friction than others. All joints are susceptible to this, but even within the joints, the knees are even more of a stress point.
The skin on the knees, as well as the bones, the joint and the cartilage, are highly susceptible to wear and tear. Due to frequent rubbing and friction, the skin can be put under much stress and thus, may cause skin conditions as well.
One of the most common skin conditions that many face is the hardening and darkening of the knees.
This may happen due to,
- Continuous friction from clothing
- Playing sports out in the sun where the knees may be exposed
- Excessive keratin on the skin on the knees
- Resting on the knees for long periods of time
- Other physiological conditions that may result in skin pigmentation
There are some quick remedies that can be used to rectify or at least lessen the dark patches on the knees.
- Cleansing or exfoliating - Dead skin cells may build up in layers and cause the darkening of the knees and, thus, it is important to regularly exfoliate or scrub with a gentle soap. In mild cases, this alone can take care of the problems of dark knees.
- Using lemon juice - Applying lemon juice 2 times daily for a few days regularly will reduce the dark areas and lighten the skin.
- Moisturizing the skin - Applying a moisturizer regularly on the skin will keep it hydrated and also help in reducing dead skin cells piling up. This will prevent and also lessen the darkening of the skin on the knees.
However, home remedies or treatments may not be the solution in all cases as there may be underlying physical causes, which need to be treated at a deeper level. In such cases, it is prudent to seek dermatological treatment.
Related Tip: 5 Acts That Can Rid You of Dark Circles