Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My baby is 5 and half months old. She consume only my breastfeed and two spoons of nestum rise. Her weight is also less that is 4, 600 kg. What shall I do to increasing her weight.
My daughter is 8 1/2 months old and 6.6 kg weight. She is having high fever as 103 I have given call 120 mg 3.5 ml but fever didn't go down and I did sponging also. So I gave her meftal 3.5 ml after 1.30 min gap . Is there any side effect.
Hi sir I have 3 months baby. Baby have big birth mole (black) on the right cheek. Iam already consult the dermatologist. Birthmole is conigintal melonocytic nevus. Any treatment for remove the birthmole please give me suggestion. Please send your email. I send baby pic.
Why small kids between 5 to 13 use to bleed unnecessary from nose when play or ran. What is the cause and what is the diagnose for the same?
My baby is 6 months 9 dayz old. She has got itching (khujli) in her head since few days. She keeps scraping her head with nails. I am worried. please help.
my kid is 3 years old, I joined him in a school, but he will not play with other kids, and sits alone separately, why is he behaving like that, is there any problem. Please reply.
My baby is 2 years and 3 months old with 10.5 kg weight, and when I touch her abdomen or forehead it seems like quite up level temperature than normal. When I check with thermometer it shows like 98.0 like that What would be the reason?
My 2.10 yr old son, is getting fever every 15 days (high fever) since last 3-4 months. Generally accompanied with Cough and throat infection. What to do? I am really worried about the frequency of this and his intake of antibiotics.
This is my baby which is 8 month old and his left leg is not fully grown &hi leg is bend below his knee and is small from his right leg I want to know is there is any treatment for his leg.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition.