Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. TarunamYour feedback matters!
My eyes are getting red every time and I wear contact lenses what do I do? and there is bomb near to the eye lid my one eye has become really small.
Recently I have noticed a tiny grain like formation on my right testicle, it can b felt under skin of the scrotum. and is fixed on the right testicle, but is not visible to eyes. I am terrified, please help.
A girl in my class. She's been showing me signs of love by eye contacts and flirting. There was a problem between me and his friends but now everything is fine but we don't talk. I can't focus on my studies because of her. I think about her. My family wants me to think more about my career than any other thing. What should I do?
I am having itching in my eyes. Is there a domestic remedy which I can use to suppress or cure it? The irritation is persistent when I am in prolonged exposure with dust and smoke. Y.
Hi I am a physically handicapped from the age of 5 years and currently I am 36 years old. I have curved spine problem. I cannot stand also. Others cannot see it. But for me sometimes sitting is very uncomfortable as the whole weight falls on left thigh and it's gives severe pain, I work in private company and sit for close to 12 hours continuously in a day. I want to know about the cure for this problem.
I cry a lot and whenever I do, I go through moderate to severe headache, sometimes accompanied by eye pain and dizziness. What can be its reason?
Laser operation is best for our eyes or not please advise me how it useful for our eyes or not I need advice from specialist doctors.
Give me the complete details about lasik laser treatment. I am suffering from short sight. Thank you.
I have problem to see things which are nearly 2 meters far away from me and I have problem when I watch tv. what I have to do? Please help me.
Good morning doctor. My concern is I have a eye sight of 6/12 I want to join army. To clear army we should have eye vision of 6/6 How do I improve my sight? Does masturbating affects eyes?
The cornea is the transparent layer of the eye that acts as a protective shield. The cornea, in combination with the sclera, protects the eyes from various harmful microorganisms and particulate matter, including the harmful UV radiations (to some extent). The cornea is made up of three important layers, the Endothelium, Stroma, and the Epithelium.
- Endothelium: The inner layer of the cornea, the endothelium helps to maintain a clear vision by removing the excess fluid absorbed by the stroma. The mitochondria-rich single celled layer functions more like a pump.
- Stroma: The middle corneal layer is extremely thick (~90% of the total corneal thickness) and composed mainly of proteins and fluids. Like the endothelium, the stroma, too, plays a pivotal role in the normal eye vision.
- Epithelium: Being the outermost layer, the epithelium functions as a defensive shield, protecting the eyes from harmful germs, bacteria and any matter that can harm the eye. Most importantly, the epithelium absorbs the essential nutrients and oxygen (present in the tears). The cornea, thus, plays a pivotal role in the normal vision of the eye. However, an injury or an infection can interfere with the corneal functioning, affecting a person's vision as well as giving rise to other complications (the eyes may appear itchy, watery and red. There may also be light sensitivity).
Some of the common cornea problems include
- Keratitis: Injury or microbial (bacteria, virus or fungi) infiltration of the cornea can trigger this condition resulting in corneal infection and inflammation. Some of the symptoms characteristic of keratitis include extreme light sensitivity, blurred vision. The inflammation can also result in redness, pain (moderate to severe) and watery eyes. Antifungal, antiviral or steroidal eye drops may provide relief from the associated symptoms.
- Shingles (Herpes Zoster): This condition mainly affects people who have suffered from chickenpox. In some cases, the virus though inactive may still be present in the body (in the nerves). However, at a later period, certain factors may trigger its activation. Once active, the virus can affect different parts of the body, including the cornea. Shingles can cause corneal soreness and inflammation. Old people and those with a weak immunity are more likely to suffer from shingles. People with shingles may benefit from the administration of steroidal (tropical) and antiviral eye drops.
- Ocular Herpes: This is a viral infection triggered by Herpes Simplex Virus I (HSV I) or Herpes Simplex Virus II (HSV II) resulting in herpes of the cornea. The condition gives rise to corneal inflammation and sores. Here too, the patient can get some relief by using antiviral or steroidal eye drops.
- Keratoconus: This is a degenerative disorder of the cornea that results in thinning of the cornea. The condition can also alter the corneal shape, resulting in swelling, pain, and loss of vision (partial to complete, particularly the night vision).
- Fuchs' Dystrophy: This is a corneal dystrophy whereby the corneal endothelial cells break down at a slower rate than usual. As a result, the stroma may be waterlogged resulting in swelling and blurred vision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.