Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Tandava Krishna
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Tandava KrishnaYour feedback matters!
What is the best refrective error correction method for eyes with +4 sph+1.25 cyl no. At the age of 38 ?
What is amblyopia or lazy eye? Amblyopia is decreased vision in one or both eyes due to abnormal development of vision in infancy or childhood. In amblyopia, there may not be an obvious problem of the eye. Vision loss occurs because nerve pathways between the brain and the eye aren't properly stimulated. The brain, learns to see only blurry images with the amblyopic eye even when glasses are used. As a result, the brain favors one eye, usually due to poor vision in the other eye. Another word for amblyopia is 'lazy eye'. It is the leading cause of vision loss amongst children.
The major causes of Amblyopia are as follows:
- Eye Misalignment: The most basic reason for amblyopia is misalignment of the eyes. In case, both your eyes are not aimed in the same proportion or direction, the image from the affected eye is turned off by the brain. Only the better eye functions. Double vision is restricted. The persistence of this defect for a prolonged time, makes the eye lose connection with the brain's visual cortex. Amblyopia develops.
- Imbalanced error of refraction: If the refractive number of both the eyes is not the same, both eyes can't be in the center at the same time. Amblyopia happens when one eye stays out of the center since it is more myopic, farsighted, or astigmatic than the other. One eye becomes dominant. This results in the neglect of the unfocused eye, which neglects to associate with the mind. Treatment with glasses or contact lenses to adjust the refractive blunder of the eye is required.
- Cloudiness in the visual system: Any kind of obstruction or cloudiness in the normal functioning of the eye tissues can be another reason, which leads to amblyopia. Disorder of any kind which blocks a clear image from being focused is capable of blocking the formation of a clear image on your retina. This may lead to amblyopia. This is perhaps the most severe type of this disease.
How to cure amblyopia?
For treating amblyopia, a child must be compelled to utilize his affected, weaker eye. This can be done by correction of any disorder of the affected eye such as refractive error, problems in the retina, etc. The goal is to correct the amblyopic eye. The normal eye is usually covered up by a patch, so that only the affected eye can be used for vision. The patching up may continue for weeks, months or years until the best vision gets restored. The improving eye should be maintained well. Spectacles are also prescribed for correction of errors regarding refraction. Eye drops such as atropine are also used for blurring the vision of the good eye. Amblyopia makes you visually impaired. The earliest symptoms must be perceived and acted upon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Hi I am 31 years old, my eyes are always red so I had tested at optician for number but everything alright please can you help.
I am 22 year old Male, I suffering from eye sight (R:-0.5,L:-0.75). Present I am using glasses but I don't like it, if any eye drops/Medicine to reduce that problem? Please suggest any one for my problem. Thanking you.
Dr, am a 61 year old retired professional, was in a Thermal power plant for about 35 years. I have no problem of Dandruff but my eyes do itch for about 3 to 7 days, when I take Alcohol, which is once in a month or 2 months, but I take it at a stretch for 3 to 4 days, without eating properly. I don" t have any chronic illness, just Blood pressure which is controlled-taking Nicardia retard 10 mg Aten 25 in the morning, and one Nicardia, after dinner. Am not an Alcoholic nor like it, just give company to friends. Can you please suggest something, to put in my eyes, if and when it itches--any Drops or Medicine, whatever.
Man should never kiss or lick with tongue her wife vagina because it can cause infection. True or False. If I wanted to do so, how can I go for that without having infection. What had to be done by my wife for achieving above objectives.
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
Lazy eye or amblyopia is a childhood disorder wherein the child’s vision does not develop properly, especially in one of the eyes. If the condition is not treated at the very onset, it can lead to impaired vision in the concerned eye. As the child grows up, the brain will fail to pick up images from that eye.
This disorder is known to start when one eye has better vision than the other eye. An example would be if one of the eyes is affected by farsightedness (unable to see objects at a closer range) and the other is normal. In the case of a child, when the brain receives images from both the eyes, it will ignore the faulty eye’s image. When this situation repeats itself over months or years, it might lead to absolute deterioration of vision in the faulty eye.
Strabismus is another cause of amblyopia wherein there is a significant misalignment in the eye; one of the eyes may turn outward or inward. This does not allow the eye to focus properly on an object, thus leading to double vision. The brain again ignores the image from the faulty eye that causes vision deterioration in that eye.
The treatment begins by correcting problems in the affected eye and then putting a patch on the normal eye. Initially, the child may have difficulties adjusting to this new method, but bear in mind that it is absolutely necessary to wear the patch. The entire treatment process may range over a few weeks to even months. Regular visit to the doctor is of utmost importance.
In mild cases, an eye drop called ‘atropine’ may be prescribed for the good eye. The child may also require glasses to improve focus. In case of cataracts, a surgery might be needed to treat it.
The treatment should begin early, as it can get difficult to treat the condition once the child crosses his/her 7-8 year mark.