Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Hyderabad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. T SumanthYour feedback matters!
Sir I have pain in my eyes, redness, etching and burning. When I try a ice bag on my eyes I got relief sir what is the problem in my eyes please tell me treatment I also consult a eye doctor who said that this is allergy and give medicine still I don't get comfort in my eyes.
I have eye sight problem and frequently I will get head ache also. And sometimes it goes to high level and I can not bear it. Even if am using spectacles also it os not decreasing what should I do sir or madam.
2. Excess sweet eatables should not be used.
3. Sugar should be taken in little quantity.
4. Hard water (which contains lime) should not be drunk.
5. Fruits juice should be drunk in large quantity.
6. Other treatment related to the eyes should be used to cure this disease.
7. The patient should not do reading and writing work in dim light.
8. The patient should not do any work which pressurizes the eyes.
9. Small and zigzag letters should not be read.
I have a headache and eyes are paining so how to relief from pains and how to avoid so much tensions. Please tell me.
Hello Sir/Madam I am a computer engineer and work constantly on computers, thus I have this headache and burning eyes frequently, pls give me some solution to this, as I can not leave my work and still want to get rid of this illness. Thank you.
Headaches are common among working people as accumulated stress results in headaches and tiredness. Among the many different causes, strain on the eyes is one of the leading reasons for that annoying headache.
Taking an eye exam is recommended in case you are having headaches. The issues may not always be related to the eyes, but still a thorough eye check up is recommended. Strain in the eye is caused when small muscles present in the eye have to put in more effort than usual. Symptoms include aching, tired eyes with blurred vision and accompanying headaches. Such headaches are caused because of the following reasons:
Astigmatism: The cornea is in abnormal shape and causes people to squint when they want to focus, and this leads to bad headaches.
Hyperopia: This disorder is also called farsightedness. In case of this disorder, the images are focused by the eye behind the retina, and causes blurred vision and strain upon the eyes. Headaches occur as a result.
Presbyopia: This kind of problem occurs when the lens hardens and becomes inflexible with old age. This makes it hard for a person to focus and causes sore eyes along with headaches.
All disorders or conditions of the eyes can be rectified with the use of prescribed spectacles and contact lenses. For people already having glasses, regular eye check up should be carried out. Your power may increase which you are unlikely to notice, so regular check ups are vital.
Other causes: Headaches related to eye strain and eye problem can also develop from other causes. They are:
- Glaucoma, an eye disease also causes headaches. This disease is characterized by the development of a fluid in the eyes, which in turn causes the internal eye pressure to shoot up. This pressure fluctuation can lead to headaches in many cases of glaucoma.
- Cataract affected people suffer from headaches as well. Cataracts develop in individuals due to ageing. The lens becomes cloudy, and the vision gets blurred and slowly diminishes. The eye has to give more effort resulting in eye strain and accompanying headaches.
Prevention: In case you are having headaches, and you are not being able to find out the reason behind it, you should have an eye check up. Eyes are very sensitive and added strain to them causes headaches. People who use computers for long hours are affected by headaches due to eye strain. The best prevention is to have an eye examination and switch to glasses or lenses if required.
Headaches are of various kinds and arise from different factors, but eye strain is known to cause a lot of headaches in people who do eye stress involving activities.
Every day I use to watch my internet. So that my eyes were becoming dry and low sparking. Please show me any good oily eyedrops that could show my eyes brightly.
My name is dev kumar and I am eighteen years old. I have problem of my health that some times my eyes are very paining and I can't see.
I had pimples mark on my face. Kindly suggest some way to remove those marks. Another problem is that for last 5 days I am having pain in eyes. While watching TV or using computer. Actually I teach student on computer for continuous 2 hours daily. Kindly suggest something for both the problem.
My eyes are so week in this age and I am wearing spectacles in the age of 5 and now my spectacles number is -5.50 and -6.00.
Sir my baby is only 13 days and he is suffering eye infection like Watery and sticky from last 8 days. I am using ciplox eye drop immediately one drop two times continue 5 days and after that from last three days I am using ointment one time in a day but still problem same. Sir please advise me what am I do. Please sir.
Amblyopia is commonly known as 'Lazy Eye'. It is a vision development disorder, which affects eyes and the brain during infancy and childhood. It signifies that the eye does not achieve a normal visual acuity even with refractive correction in form of glasses or contact lens. During normal visual development, the eye and brain learns to 'see' and develop binocularity, that is the ability to perceive depth (Stereoacuity). This occurs in the first 8 to 10 years of life.
Each eye transmits a clear and identical image from retina to the brain, which fuses the two images into a single image with 3 dimensions ( adding depth). When the image is formed on the retina of two eyes is too dissimilar, the brain cannot fuse the two images and suppresses the more blurred image. As a result, the worse eye does not learn to 'see' and becomes 'lazy'. This condition is seen in 1-4% of population.
The common causes for dissimilar images or Amblyopia are:
1. Misalignment of the eyes or squint: It is the primary reason for Amblyopia is misalignment of the eyes. In case, both your eyes are not aimed in the same direction, the image captured by each eye is different , resulting in diplopia. The brain will see from the dominant eye and suppress image from the other eye. Over a prolonged period of time, the eye dissociates from the visual cortex of the brain.
2. Refractive Amblyopia:
- Unequal refractive error in both eye. When the eye power of both eyes differ by more than 1.5D of spherical equivalent, which results in dissimilar images between the two eyes. As a result, the visual development in restricted in the worse eye.
- High refractive error or astigmatism in both eyes, since there is a blurred image in both eyes, the normal vision development does not occur in either eyes resulting in bilateral lazy eyes.
3. Cloudiness in visual system or visual deprivation Amblyopia: Any kind of obstruction or cloudiness in the normal visual axis of the eye tissues can lead to Amblyopia. Disorder of any kind, which blocks a clear image from being focused blocks the formation of a clear image on your retina. Commonly due to congenital or developmental cataracts or corneal opacities or prolonged closure of one eye in early childhood( drooping of one eyelid, eyelid swelling, patching of one eye).
Treatment for Amblyopia: For treatment of Amblyopia, a child must be compelled to utilize his affected, weaker eye. This can be done by correction of causative factor such as, treating refractive error with glasses, surgical correction of misalignment of eyes followed by patching and vision therapy, cataract surgery.
Patching or occlusion of the good eye: This is done to force the brain to pay attention to visual input from the worse eye. This allows nerve connections between affected eye and brain to develop due to, which the eye 'learns to see'. Eye drops such as atropine are also used for blurring the vision of the good eye. Some form of vision therapy may also be required to train both eyes to see together and develop some degree of depth perception.
To be effective, treatment should be implement as early as possible , within the period of normal visual development best within first 8 years of life. Some visual gain has been seen in selected patients up to age of 14 to 18 years. This also highlights the importance of a comprehensive eye examination as a routine in young children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.